• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Epic Store Free Games

VCL

Seriously thinking about picking up Jedi Fallen Order, between the regional pricing and the $10 coupon it's like $18.

Anyone know if the Pc port is any good?
I think PC is the main platform It runs 60 fps@1440p on my rtx 2070 without slowdowns.

ive been waiting for them to put a big title up for once. especially for the holidays.

It's not like there's not any cheap alternatives out there. I look at it as whatever I get free is just gravy at this point.

Game Pass for PC easily fills in the blanks with tons of high quality games for the cost of a Taco Bell gordita.

Plus the Xbox PC client is actually pretty decent, It's actually way better then the client they use for Xbox imo. Zero ads, runs smooth, looks nice.

GreenAlien

Reactions: Fuz

manfestival

I recently downloaded this on the xbox game pass(got released like less than a week ago). I absolutely love this game. It was on my steam wishlist up until game pass got it. I claimed it but it is a really fun distraction and time killer. Also the game is so goofy it manages to be funny. It is still buggy and I have come across some bugs but I can still manage through them.

Great pick up!

GreenAlien

FTL

Preview

Annotation-2019-12-26-171934.jpg

pr0cs

Cool but for some reason it won't let me add Hyper light drifter to my account, says it's already owned

Walledhouse

Can’t pick this one. I was thinking Jotun at first, but this is sort of a demon or villain helmet looking thing than a “Viking” helmet. Any guesses?

Also I have a few dozen games on EGS, but never play them. Tried out Rogue Galaxy; that was okay but I decided I would rather play Everspace if I was going to play a space combat game.

Played Enter the Gungeon and I can see myself actually playing it again.

Not too interested in buying games lately, Xbox Game Pass has supplied me so severely with things to play and try lately.

Can’t pick this one. I was thinking Jotun at first, but this is sort of a demon or villain helmet looking thing than a “Viking” helmet. Any guesses?

Also I have a few dozen games on EGS, but never play them. Tried out Rogue Galaxy; that was okay but I decided I would rather play Everspace if I was going to play a space combat game.

Played Enter the Gungeon and I can see myself actually playing it again.

Not too interested in buying games lately, Xbox Game Pass has supplied me so severely with things to play and try lately.

People were saying it's Shadow Tactics on Reddit.

sixamp

I know we all talk shit about steam sales but in reality how much cheaper do y'all want these games to get? Most games are heavily discounted . I do think valve should drop a freak game here and there or if you complete what ever stupid sale quest they put up you get a few game. But in the end I don't see how the steam sales have been bad.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Shadow Tactics kinda surprised me. It feels like a very fun game. I played it for a while yesterday. I like to stay in the shadows, assassinate enemies, and advance. It has all those characteristics, but it’s hard to determine if it does a better job at putting you in particular situations later on. Like is it worth playing until the end?

Plus it was $39 without this sale. I wonder who actually paid that price.

GHG

Gold Member
Plus it was $39 without this sale. I wonder who actually paid that price.

People who like these types of games.

There are not many games like this is the Desperados mould, so when one comes around and it's actually good then people will pay good money for it.

Play it if you're enjoying it, if you're not, stop. No harm done either way, you got it for free.

Last edited:

KouNaN

Neo Member
How do you know which game is next :D?

Also, is it possible to play Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair using the controller (I am using the Switch Pro Controller)?

Last edited:

Bootzilla

Banned
Oh, I missed Hello Neighbor, drat. That's a game I've been curious about but would not pay for.

Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair is a great one. I'm surprised they would do that for a relatively new game. Seems really good, too. I'm not a big Rare/DKC fan either.

Jamesie

Neo Member
These free game giveaways have been great, really loving The Talos Principle.

Me: "Yeah, puzzles. I'm gonna rock these 'cause I'm really smart"
<several hours pass>
Me: "How the fuck am I supposed to get this beam there when I can't see it and that other beam is in the way? Fuck that fucking orb of shit."
<now>
Me: "Okay you had me beat last year but this year I'm gonna beat you!"

I see on steam that there is a chunk of DLC available for it too, I wonder if those will ever come to epic that I can buy (I'm real smart :messenger_winking_tongue:)?

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I swear Darksiders 2 has the be the most given away game ever. I now have it on every platform except switch and I only bought it once on PS3 for its original release
I had it on PC back when it first came out. I was hoping for 3 or Genesis, but that’s probably from being spoiled with all these free games. I have 3 from Plus, so not a huge loss. I really enjoyed Darksiders 2, it’s surprisingly a lengthy game.

JayK47

Even for free, I will pass on Darksiders 2. But I did grab Steep. There was a skiing game on I think N64 that I really enjoyed back in the day. Oh yeah, 1080 Snowboarding. Thanks Epic for all of these free games. Not sure how they can pull it off. Fortnight must be printing money for them. Since I was stuck getting Epic on PC for a Borderlands promotion, I may as well get some more free games. My new goal is not not spend any money on Epic.

xrnzaaas

Steep is a nice game for some relaxing free roaming, especially now during winter. I wouldn't recommend participating in actual challenges because some of them tend to be very frustrating (my arch-nemesis in the game is the half pipe). ;)

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Helios

Updated OP with all the games I missed. I didn't update it since November.
I may have missed a game or two in that list. Either way, thanks for everyone who's been keeping the thread alive.

adamosmaki

I dont know if this was a glitch on EPIC store (which wouldnt be a surprise considering how sub par it is) but when i got the free yooka layle they gave me a 10euros credit which i used to buy Metro Exodus which is on offer for 20 hence i bought it for 10

molasar

Banned
I dont know if this was a glitch on EPIC store (which wouldnt be a surprise considering how sub par it is) but when i got the free yooka layle they gave me a 10euros credit which i used to buy Metro Exodus which is on offer for 20 hence i bought it for 10
No, it was not the glitch. You should get another one after Metro Exodus purchase.

Top Bottom