• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Epona announced as DLC weapon for Link in Hyrule Warriors (Avail. Oct 16th)

Why couldn't they have given Ganondorf a clone of the moveset?

Ganondorf_%26_Horse_%28Ocarina_of_Time%29.png

He's even given a horse in his intro...

Ganon.jpg
It's becoming his trademark to have a weapon that he never uses. :p

Awesome DLC!

I like how they're getting real creative with these weapon sets with this and Link's final one in the base game.

With 19 characters including DLC the alternate weapon sets wiLL increase that to over 30 unique play styles which I haven't really seen in the licensed Musou.

Hoping this means Midna's true form is a weapon and not a DLC character. Though who else could the Twilight Princess one be?

I know who it should have been. GROOSE.

Why wasn't this in the base game?

Horses are so convinient to get to the other side of the map!

None of the adaptation games like One Piece or Gundam have horses standard. It just doesn't make sense for the characters.

I mean Midna already rides a wolf and several other characters just couldn't ride a horse. It can't be implemented as a standard feature for all characters.

NeonZ

It'll be interesting to see this moveset. Horses in Dynasty Warriors always have very simplified and lacking generic mounted movesets - even compared to the old ones, but they stand out even worse next to the new modern movesets. With this, however, an actual moveset made just for a horse, we could get something as dynamic as the unmounted characters. Or at least I hope so, anyway. If it works, I hope they consider turning the horse into a moveset of its own in the next DW too.

Zomba13

It kinda sucked that Epona wasn't used more in the base game but there was no horse system to get around the map faster just sprinting so I can see why Epona wasn't in. Would be weird only having Link get a horse while everyone else had to hoof it.

Shaanyboi

Banned
the title left me so confused. I thought Link would be swinging around a hobby horse with Epona's head on it or something.

WonderzL

Banned
This season pass is actually worth it... Very nice and obvious choice. I want another obvious choice too... ;P
groose
Tingle

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Did some searching and according to this Tweet (in Japanese) Dark Link will be available with the discount forever and the discount will be available too (the Tweet asks if the discount will be available after the MQ pack goes live).

thank you very much. I'm planning my incoming purchases and I don't know if I can actually afford the HW DLC Pack before its release, so I'm glad to hear that

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
So do those store-specific costumes come with these DLCs? Or are we never going to get those?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It's the knight that says neigh!

Cannot wait to see its special attacks. In any case, it's becoming harder to resist the urge to preorder the DLC when I know I should give the game a few hours before making that decision.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Is the price announced for this? o_O

Epona is part of the Master Quest DLC pack which will includes some story content and other things, too. There are four packs and you can buy/pre-order them as a $20 bundle, but I can't remember what they cost individually.

RPGCrazied

Don't even have the game yet, yet there is so much DLC coming. Wish all this was in the game, but you already get so much for the price, so I'm okay with it I guess. I'm interested to know what those game modes are in the Ganon pack.

Kandinsky

Epona is part of the Master Quest DLC pack which will includes some story content and other things, too. There are four packs and you can buy/pre-order them as a $20 bundle, but I can't remember what they cost individually.

So all the things in the OP is 20? sounds good.

I know it's stupid but it still feels weird to me to see Nintendo hopping onto the DLC bandwagon with their core franchises.

The feeling of buying a "complete" game these days is diminishing, at least it feels that way to me. Nintendo's core games always felt untouched by that stuff, although I can't see them pull DLC stunts with their Zelda and Mario main titles.

At least Nintendo does seem to offer value with their DLC offerings for a reasonable price, so I can't blame them for that. Will buy the Mario Kart full pack for sure but I need to see some more on the HW DLC. Thankfully the main game is pretty enjoyable as it is now.

I understand what you mean, but Nintendo is really doing DLC the right way. MK8 is filled with content, the fact that there's even more coming through DLC is insane. And it seems to me that the same applies to HW: the game is already filled with stuff even without the DLC.

NeonZ

So do those store-specific costumes come with these DLCs? Or are we never going to get those?

It was mentioned before that they'd be available eventually, but nothing has been announced about them afterwards. They don't seem to be part of any of the season pass packs at least.

JoeM86

Don't even have the game yet, yet there is so much DLC coming. Wish all this was in the game, but you already get so much for the price, so I'm okay with it I guess. I'm interested to know what those game modes are in the Ganon pack.

Well this DLC wasn't ready when the game shipped. Don't forget, by the time the DLC comes out, the game will have been out two months in Japan.

Since they made a point of telling you exactly what you're gonna get and when, instead of giving you the chance to pay money for unspecified content that may or may not arrive within the next year?

And that it's marketed as a 'discount' and not a 'season pass'.

Kuro

Is it too late to pre-order from Bestbuy for the Skyward Sword costumes? Still says pre-order on their site.

Effect

Since when are people happily accepting Season Pass dlc?

Since they made a point of telling you exactly what you're gonna get and when, instead of giving you the chance to pay money for unspecified content that may or may not arrive within the next year?

In addition to that when the quality and value of the DLC increased along with the price being so affordable. With Nintendo games you are a getting a LOT of content. Sometimes as much as half the content of a base game.

I don't know if the signifcance of this has dawned on people but these packs are containing additional adventure maps. If they're anywhere close to the size of the adventure map the game ships with that's a LOT of content. I wonder if they'll be based off the world map of other Zelda games the way the original one is based off the world map of the original NES Legend of Zelda. Then there are the two new game modes to be added as well.

People are normally against season passes because they're unknowns as far as content and really the content offered has been bad or not worthwhile. If all that was being offered were skins no one would be praising this.

Top Bottom