• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Erron Black Leaked for Mortal Kombat X

synce

Is there a reason Liu Kang hasn't been shown yet? I associate him with MK just as much as Scorpion, it's weird he might not make the cut

Dr. Buni

Is there a reason Liu Kang hasn't been shown yet? I associate him with MK just as much as Scorpion, it's weird he might not make the cut
They are saving the best for last. He is in the game according to leaks, so I wouldn't worry about Liu being cut. Yet.
I feel as if somehow the quality of the character models have regressed since when the game was first announced. Not even the storymode, just during the fights. Is it just the new characters that look bad compared to the characters that have been revealed since last year?
The character models look as good as the initial reveal to me. But then again I am not crazy over graphics, so what do I know?

Right, I still have hope as well. Call me delusional, but Shinnok being the final boss in the tower doesn't mean he is the final boss in story mode. Plus, remember the original Killer Instinct? Depending of the difficulty level, the final boss could be either Fulgore or Eyedol. And there still is the "unexpected final boss" thing. So who knows?

As for Jacqui, yes that is dumb, but I am just glad we finally got a black woman with a great design in Mortal Kombat. I also hope she has a good number of kicking moves :D

Oh, you wouldn't be delusional. I have the same feeling towards that. Boon did say unexpected boss.. Shinnok would be the most obvious one. Especially with the MK9 cliffhanger. Liu Lang would be the most appropriate after his resurrection.
With all the other candidates (Mileena, Reiko. Etc.) It just doesn't give that much impact. Watch it somehow end up being
Ermac because of Shao Kahn's soul.

Yeah, they could always pull off a switcheroo. This is MK after all, Boon loves to play with people's emotions. Lol. I can definitely see it being a thing.

Oh, for sure! I appreciate that we have another female character that happens to be a black female. She definitely have a lot of powerful kicks to her arsenal.
All I hope for is a better outfit in her costume selection. I'm tired of seeing the armored/tech outfits. :p

im glad Erron looks the way he does, even though it prolly looks like he fit KI more but hay they have that spider women so it was a fair trade

Reila where r u getting that Kangs in?

The leak and more importantly the blurry Screenshot of him being in the Tower which he appears to look like his MK9 ending

kang.jpg

Khezu

In one of the screens you can see a very tiny glimpse of Jacquis alt.
I mean really tiny, you can just see that she is wearing a tank top.

Kinda hoping Jacquie and Cassie have something a bit more fantastical to choose from.

NEO0MJ

Oh, you wouldn't be delusional. I have the same feeling towards that. Boon did say unexpected boss.. Shinnok would be the most obvious one. Especially with the MK9 cliffhanger. Liu Lang would be the most appropriate after his resurrection.

Plus, Lui Kang has a huge grudge against Raiden that I doubt he'd get over.

Mr_Zombie

Why :( If developers insist on locking characters, they should at least be unlockable by playing a determined amount of matches like in SSB. I hope story mode isn't too long, I never finished it in MK9.

But the story mode was the best thing in MK9 :O

The only thing cool about Shinnok was his one fatality in MK4 where a skeleton hand would reach up from nowhere, grab your opponent, and squeeze 'til their head popped off. That's it. He's a stupid final boss compared to Shang Tsung or Shao Kahn.

He didn't even have any of his own moves in MK4. All he could do is impersonate other characters. He was that lame fighting wise :|

I'm sorry, that is a stupid design, seriously, this is some amalgam comics level garbage, Its a good thing he already has a fanbase cause otherwise he'd be a universal laughing stock.

So he fits really well to the rest of the cast ;)

Marvel

could never
I can't wait to see Liu, however I am praying Noob makes it somehow. I don't want to wait too long for him to appear in DLC.

Oh and Shonnok is garbage, the fact that he is the last boss irritates the shit outta me.

Mr.Undrhill

Neo Member

Seems that from leaked list, and his name appearing on IMDB for the game that he will be in there. Probably one of the last reveaIs. I agree, without Liu, it doesn't feel right.

Nzyme32

Baraka confirmed ?? DLC ??

CAVo_WT9_W4_AAkb_M2.jpg

I think that is just a generic Tarkatan. It looks a bit... plain for a main character considering how intricate all the other models are for the key cast. It will be cool if I'm wrong though

The boss is Shinnok, sadly, although that doesn't mean the game can't have different bosses in story mode and the other mode.

In one of the community videos they explain that there are some Ladder challenges that are updated daily. It might be that this isn't actually related to the Story at all. Then again, I've avoided all the achievement and heavy spoilery stuff mostly, so could be totally wrong. I really like Shinnok. Obviously not great in MK4 but he has a lot of potential. For some reason I've always thought he just needs a fresh start, so I hope they do it well

Dr. Buni

In one of the community videos they explain that there are some Ladder challenges that are updated daily. It might be that this isn't actually related to the Story at all. Then again, I've avoided all the achievement and heavy spoilery stuff mostly, so could be totally wrong. I really like Shinnok. Obviously not great in MK4 but he has a lot of potential. For some reason I've always thought he just needs a fresh start, so I hope they do it well
I took a look at the achievements and I don't remember anything pointing towards Shinnok being the actual final boss, but I might be wrong. Anyways, don't get me wrong, I like Shinnok and I am glad he is back in MKX. I just don't think he is the best choice for the final boss in MKX.

NeonZ

Do people dislike Shinnok himself or just how he had a mimic moveset back in MK4? He already got an original moveset in Armageddon, and certainly will have a bigger and more developed one here.

Bardiche

Excited to see some Erron Black action. Erron's design is one of the best designs they've had in over a decade.

Could be a tower missions/story mode only character. His model kinda looks worse than the others.

Agreed, his model doesn't look as detailed as the other characters. He really sticks out in a bad way.

Top Bottom