• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Erron Black Leaked for Mortal Kombat X

Dr. Buni

They did say on the last stream there will be a character you unlock by completing story mode. Can't be Shinnok as it seems he is playable from the start, maybe Reiko?
Worst reward for completing a story mode ever? :p

Anyways, a better pic of Shinnok:

99728-hi.jpg

Looking nice.

Memory

It's okay guys, they are saving the cyborgs for MK x KI so my boy fulgore can rip them apart one by one.

Kind of pissed off at Johnny/Sonya/Jax. They have clear replacements in the roster and I never really liked them anyway always felt like the most boring of the characters from a lore sense.

Who are people expecting as DLC?

Fujin, Reiko, Tremor and Predator DLC pack with a Predator and Al Dillion are my expectations.

agreed. sonya, johnny and jax feel like wasted slots in the lineup (and i like johnny!). there will be the kombat pass, with jason vorhees and probably spawn, predator and dillon. and you can bet your ass that there will be a second pass with 4 returning mk characters. the wait for the komplete edition has never been so easy.

Jax and his daughter dont share moves do they? Shes a kickboxer i believe and Jax is a brawler/wrestler type. I'm guessing they will be very different. I do think Sonya and/or Johnney could have been replaced though.

How is the blond female in aerobics costume original?! We're talking about early 90s, if anything, Scorpion and Sub-Zero were way more original with their gimmicks. ;p

I was always under the impression, that Sonya Blade was supposed to mimic Cynthia Rothrock, who was kind of a semi famous martial arts star in the late 80ies early 90ies.

1091664.1149286805273.Nov0778.JPG

iratA

1. Scorpion
2. Sub Zero
3. Kitana
4. Jax
5. Sonya
6. Johnny Cage
7. Reptile
8. Kung Lao
9. Raiden
10. Kano
11. Cassie Cage
12. Jaquie Briggs
13. Takeda
14. Kung Jin
15. D'Vorah
16. Kotal Kahn
17. Ferra Torr
18. Mileena
19. Ermac
20. Quan Chi
21. Goro
22. Kenshi
23. Shinnok
24. Erron Black
25. ? Liu Kang

I guess the roster size IS around 25.

Wait! Do we know if any of these 25 are DLC ?!?! I'm curious about the size of the standard roster.

Nzyme32

Wait! Do we know if any of these 25 are DLC ?!?! I'm curious about the size of the standard roster.

We already know Goro is a preorder bonus and likely DLC, so I was uldnt class him as one of the characters confirmed to come with the game (unless you buy day one). A bunch of the characters found in this thread may be dlc

iratA

We already know Goro is a preorder bonus and likely DLC, so I was uldnt class him as one of the characters confirmed to come with the game (unless you buy day one). A bunch of the characters found in this thread may be dlc

Yep Goro is pre-order bonus and there are 4? characters coming in the Kombat Pack. I just wonder how big the roster will be without DLC. I hope there are some nice easter eggs and hidden characters as well.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Yep Goro is pre-order bonus and there are 4? characters coming in the Kombat Pack. I just wonder how big the roster will be without DLC. I hope there are some nice easter eggs and hidden characters as well.

I'm pretty sure that leaked list is meant to be the day one set. The only one I'm not sure about is Goro since he's a preorder, but he might still be there day one.

If the list included DLC we'd atleast see Jason listed.

I'm pretty sure that leaked list is meant to be the day one set. The only one I'm not sure about is Goro since he's a preorder, but he might still be there day one.

If the list included DLC we'd atleast see Jason listed.
I think the goro slot in character selection is gong to be turned into the random select slot.and Goro will be moved to the "DLC" section.

There is a hidden fight in the tower

lol I love Neogaf sometimes Erron shows up in Comics "Please let him be playable" everyone saying this for Months and Months, they finally reveal him well kinda and then i come in and see posts about how lame ho looks haha Gaf never change (Yes i know it was only like 3 posters who said it, still funny though)

A staggering 3.

From which 2 are parents to the same character.

that roster is boring tho...

i wouldn't mind the parents if the roster had more interesting characters...

hopefully Ed Boon is just trolling and when we get the game an extra row of characters is revealed.

zoutlaw

Banned
Erron looks solid design wise.

I'm still unsure who I will main in this game until I get my hands on it next month, but in order for my interest:

Ermac
Erron Black
Scorpion
Kano
Kenshi

One of those will click with me.

Unicorn

A staggering 3.

From which 2 are parents to the same character.
Sonya
Jax
Johnny
Kenshi
Kung Lao (guardianship or w/e)

More than 3. Specifically, if Cassie has variants that are Johnny and Sonya they should not be characters taking slots. Also Salty about Johnny stealing Noob's limelight.

Miles X

Sonya
Jax
Johnny
Kenshi

More than 3. Specifically, if Cassie has variants that are Johnny and Sonya they should be characters taking slots. Also Salty about Johnny stealing Noob's limelight.

I reckon Kenshi is redundant, Takeda could have the best of Scorpion and Kenshi all rolled into one. JG and Sonya are/could have been redundant based on Cassie, same for Jaquie.

Kung Jin looks to play v differently to Kung Lao tho.

Cassie has like two of Johnny/Sonya's moves tops.

Though I do think NRS could have tried a little harder to differentiate her and Jacqui from their parents. Kung Jin is radically different and we don't know anything about Takeda aside from him being trained by Scorpion.

Cassie has like two of Johnny/Sonya's moves tops.

Though I do think NRS could have tried a little harder to differentiate her and Jacqui from their parents. Kung Jin is radically different and we don't know anything about Takeda aside from him being trained by Scorpion.
Not even, they are mostly nods even het nutpunch works differently to JCs

Keep in mind people we still have yet to see these chars in action

Sonya
Jax
Johnny
Kenshi

More than 3. Specifically, if Cassie has variants that are Johnny and Sonya they should not be characters taking slots. Also Salty about Johnny stealing Noob's limelight.

He said Parents Kung Lao is Kung Jins cousin, when KL use a Bow and Staff Cousins doesnt count

Going from JC cassie and him play nothing a like

A-V-B

I was always under the impression, that Sonya Blade was supposed to mimic Cynthia Rothrock, who was kind of a semi famous martial arts star in the late 80ies early 90ies.

1091664.1149286805273.Nov0778.JPG

Holy shit! Look out, Sonya! It's Shang Tsung! (Unless I'm going insane and it's James Hong's twin -- did he look that aged during the late 80s/early 90s? ..come to think of it, I can't remember Hong ever looking young. Oh hang on! He was in an episode of Kung Fu!)

.la1n

It's normal for complaints regarding roster in a new entry to a fighting game series. I feel like MK 9 was the love letter game to the MK1-UMK3 fans. We had that game now it's time for something a little different. I actually wish they had gone more radical with the roster with fewer returning characters.

I have to ask like others before me, what is going on with Cassie's neck in the alt costume? lol.

It's normal for complaints regarding roster in a new entry to a fighting game series. I feel like MK 9 was the love letter game to the MK1-UMK3 fans. We had that game now it's time for something a little different. I actually wish they had gone more radical with the roster with fewer returning characters.

I have to ask like others before me, what is going on with Cassie's neck in the alt costume? lol.

From her recent pics they fixed it

well... it looks like they did could be costume

RM8

there will be a character you unlock by completing story mode.
Why :( If developers insist on locking characters, they should at least be unlockable by playing a determined amount of matches like in SSB. I hope story mode isn't too long, I never finished it in MK9.

Top Bottom