• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Erron Black Leaked for Mortal Kombat X

Khezu

I haven't been following MKX at all, but how are some of these guys returning? Didn't a couple of them like Jax die in MK9?

Being dead only means you have to do what ever Quan Chi tells you.
Which is mostly comply to his BDSM fetish.
6XeSmCK.png

Sayad

This is a game that's starred the same blue and yellow ninja dudes since day one. Kano is Terminator. Johnny Cage is Jean Claude Van Damme. Liu Kang is, well, the Liu Kang guy. He goes "WAHHHH" like Bruce Lee. Just about the only original characters from the first game were Sonya and Raiden, and even then Raiden was a minor character from Big Trouble in Little China. Shang Tsung? Also from Big Trouble.

So... a gunslinger ain't exactly out of the norm.
How is the blond female in aerobics costume original?! We're talking about early 90s, if anything, Scorpion and Sub-Zero were way more original with their gimmicks. ;p

But I generally agree, they even had an Indian before, MK isn't exactly the bastion of originality.

Kung Lao died in MK9 but is in MKX so clearly this game follows another timeline.
So did Kitana and a lot of the returning characters, there's going to be an explanation for that(not another timeline), probably something to do with a pale sorcerer who can resurrect the dead.

Khezu

Kung Lao died in MK9 but is in MKX so clearly this game follows another timeline.

This is why people are alive.
2 Years after MK9, Shinnok and Quan Chi fuck around on Earth, Johnny, Sonya, Kenshi, and Raiden stop Shinnok. Somehow capturing Shinnok in a pokeball frees the souls of some of the dead characters. Mainly Kawaii, Kung Lao, and Jax. Others stayed dead dead, like Jade. Others like Kitana and Sindel were not freed and are still under Quan's control 25 years later.

A-V-B

How is the blond female in aerobics costume original?!

Because most of the other characters were right out of movies. If anything, maybe Sonya is an archetype, but not a straight rip from a single source. And no one had ever seen a guy like Raiden before -- afaik -- so he gets a pass for coming out of an obscure film. (At the time!)

Khezu

Erron is just a human from Earthrealm that got stuck in Outworld and decided to become a merc.

He probably dresses like a cowboy because he thinks it's rad.
I mean he lives on a weird desert planet surrounded by weird aliens, he can live out his cosplay fantasies with out any judgement.

Kano probably makes fun of him behind his back.

Huh, Erron Black's costume is identical to his outfit in the comics.

Damn, as we get closer to release it's gonna be hard to not spoil myself. Same thing happened with MK9

It's okay guys, they are saving the cyborgs for MK x KI so my boy fulgore can rip them apart one by one.

Kind of pissed off at Johnny/Sonya/Jax. They have clear replacements in the roster and I never really liked them anyway always felt like the most boring of the characters from a lore sense.

Who are people expecting as DLC?

Fujin, Reiko, Tremor and Predator DLC pack with a Predator and Al Dillion are my expectations.

S1kkZ

Kind of pissed off at Johnny/Sonya/Jax. They have clear replacements in the roster and I never really liked them anyway always felt like the most boring of the characters from a lore sense.

Who are people expecting as DLC?

Fujin, Reiko, Tremor and Predator DLC pack with a Predator and Al Dillion are my expectations.

agreed. sonya, johnny and jax feel like wasted slots in the lineup (and i like johnny!). there will be the kombat pass, with jason vorhees and probably spawn, predator and dillon. and you can bet your ass that there will be a second pass with 4 returning mk characters. the wait for the komplete edition has never been so easy.

agreed. sonya, johnny and jax feel like wasted slots in the lineup (and i like johnny!). there will be the kombat pass, with jason vorhees and probably spawn, predator and dillon. and you can bet your ass that there will be a second pass with 4 returning mk characters. the wait for the komplete edition has never been so easy.

the current season pass already describes it as returning classics and new guest stars.

I'm still putting my money on it consisting of: Jason, Predator, Cyrax, Sektor.

The Erron Black dude just makes me think why didn't they get a guest character like Django from Django Unchained. It would've been too good.

Phloxy

They did say on the last stream there will be a character you unlock by completing story mode. Can't be Shinnok as it seems he is playable from the start, maybe Reiko?

Top Bottom