• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[EU] PSN January Sale - Save up-to 60% off - PS4, PS3 & Vita - 500+ items

IbukiLordSA

I have a 10% discount code if anyone wants it, can't use it on pre-orders so have no use for it, I have a South African account but I assume the code will work on any EU PSN account.

DJwest

Hell no.

Shen's last gift gives you mech units and one (1) introductory mission. Mech units are pretty much useless.

Alien hunters gives you an introductory mission where you fight 42 (!) vipers. Once you complete that mission, it starts fucking up your run by randomly dropping one of three "leader" aliens into other missions (including, say, timed VIP extraction) that have massive health and basically infinite moves. They "react" to everything you do (including reloads, single moves) by moving and attacking. They will wreck your squad, then run away, basically.
Having this DLC active is a near disastrous risk at anything above babby difficulty. Rewards for killing the leaders are of pretty questionable value IMO.
Lmao, thanks for saving me money with this post.

Melchiah

The sales are over for me now. I've never bought this many games in this short time. Hopefully there'll be this good offers in the future as well.

I bought the following games:

Rise of the Tomb Raider
ABZÛ
Inside
Bound
Thumper
Dear Esther
Layers of Fear - The Masterpiece Edition

I was tempted to buy Until Dawn, Kholat, and Darkest Dungeon as well.

Caved and bought MGS HD Collection for PS3 last night. I wish I could play it on a console I always have setup but what can you do. The speed run at AGDQ and the ice cube details reminded me how slick MGS2 is.

I've been tempted by the Megaman Collection but I think I'll just the Roms to my Pi when it arrives and it's setup.

oni-link

When a new sale will start anyway?

I have no idea, but it seems like they scrapped doing a sale every other Wednesday around mid November

Someone said they think Friday will be the new sale day, but nothing happened last Friday and I don't have much hope for this Friday

Maybe they're ditching fortnightly sales and will only go ahead with big name sales (Black Friday, Xmas, Jan etc)

Bishop89

I have no idea, but it seems like they scrapped doing a sale every other Wednesday around mid November

Someone said they think Friday will be the new sale day, but nothing happened last Friday and I don't have much hope for this Friday

Maybe they're ditching fortnightly sales and will only go ahead with big name sales (Black Friday, Xmas, Jan etc)

naa i dont think so. Same thing happened last year if im not mistaken, then we went back to fortnightly sales.

FYI all, time for those last minute purchases. Sale will be ending in the next day or so.

Melchiah

^Thumper kicks ass.

I'm near the end of level 4(non VR).

It certainly does, but it's hard, like rhythm games in general are for me. Still stuck in 1-omega boss. :/

Thought you were a horror fanatic? I'm surprised you didn't pick up until dawn

I am, and I already bought few horror games from the sales. I just figured I could wait buying UD, since I've already waited this long. Partly because the slasher sub-genre isn't really one of my favorites. Supernatural/psychological horror is more to my liking.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
I am, and I already bought few horror games from the sales. I just figured I could wait buying UD, since I've already waited this long. Partly because the slasher sub-genre isn't really one of my favorites. Supernatural/psychological horror is more to my liking.
You might be surprised what you'll end up getting from UD. :)

Melchiah

You might be surprised what you'll end up getting from UD. :)

Oh, that sounds intriguing. I'll have to buy it at some point. The thing is, I could get 2-3 games for its price from the sales. In retrospect, it might have been a better choice than Tomb Raider, but I wanted a game that really shines on the Pro.

Oh, that sounds intriguing. I'll have to buy it at some point. The thing is, I could get 2-3 games for its price from the sales. In retrospect, it might have been a better choice than Tomb Raider, but I wanted a game that really shines on the Pro.

It is not better than Tomb Raider but quite enjoyable nevertheless

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Do it. I also avoided the game for a long time, finally tried it and then ended up doing 2 all nighters. It's absolutely amazing and I don't want to spoil anything but it does take some twists and turns you probably are not expecting. I sure wasn't.

Melchiah

Do it. I also avoided the game for a long time, finally tried it and then ended up doing 2 all nighters. It's absolutely amazing and I don't want to spoil anything but it does take some twists and turns you probably are not expecting. I sure wasn't.

Too bad I can't afford to buy it before the sales are over. If only the sales lasted a week longer. Hopefully it'll be available at a similar price later on.

It is not better than Tomb Raider but quite enjoyable nevertheless

Well, outside of the Croft Manor: Blood Ties, Baba Yaga, challenge Tombs, and its visuals, I didn't find TR that special, and the story was completely uninteresting. It's actually rare for me to not care about a game's story at all, let alone skip the audio/text files it offers. I think I actually enjoyed TR2013 more. I assume UD can't be as bad when it comes to story, and atmosphere, which are very important to me in games.

oggob

So the PSA for today is we are now under 24hrs left in the January Sale... so fire up the shopping carts before they finish up...

It's possible the sale dates have moved and/or Sony are looking at a different structure to their sales in 2017. FWIW though, last year at the end of the January Sale, they had a Big Adventures, Big Savings sale, which was a mini Big In Japan/RPG Sale... Included was a new round of Digital Discounts also...

So if anything happens, we should see some prices being updated in the next few hours...

I'm seeing some new discounts in my wishlist. The Witness 59% off and Axiom Verge 50 % off.

Yes, I've just had a quick look too and noticed Heavy Rain is £7.50 and Terraria £3.20, both on PS4. Think these are both new offers. Tempted to pick them both up, but it's just a matter of when I'll have time to play them.

Lots of new PS4 sale prices, but most are rehashes of sales old sales. These seem like the standout newer drops...

Toukiden: Kiwami (€14)
Overcooked (€10)
King Quest Complete (€18)
Dragon Quest Heroes (€15)
Downwell (€2)
Battleborn (€10)
Adrift (€7)
Abzu (€8)
Absolute Drift: Zen Edition (€8)

Why doesn't psprices.com update properly anymore?

Is there an alternative?

It updates fine, but it takes longer to register changes nowadays. This change could have happened for many reasons. If the site was constantly pining store.playstation looking for changes that is a lot of bandwidth/requests per hour, which is not a good way to do things for either Sony or the owner of that site. It will likely be updated int he morning.

This Twitter account does something similar, but scrolling down an unending Twitter feed full of PS3/Vita/4 price changes will causes most browsers a bit of stress... https://twitter.com/psnpreise/with_replies

My wallet weeps. Axiom Verge for €9 and Downwell for €2 should be plenty of fun.

Also considering Batman Arkham Knight Premium Edition for €20 because I enjoyed Arkham City, but there's many people saying the game is not so good.

DJwest

My wallet weeps. Axiom Verge for €9 and Downwell for €2 should be plenty of fun.

Also considering Batman Arkham Knight Premium Edition for €20 because I enjoyed Arkham City, but there's many people saying the game is not so good.
Who's saying Arkham City isn't good? It's the best Arkham game man.
Edit: Oops, you meant Arkham Knight? I'm yet to play that one.

If you liked City, I think you should go for it, as Knight is basically more of that. It may not be as good overall, but I quite enjoyed the story, some of the encounter designs are pretty great and given the general quality I didn't even mind the Batmobile stuff that much TBH.

Top Bottom