• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[EU] PSN January Sale - Save up-to 60% off - PS4, PS3 & Vita - 500+ items

CrayToes

Really frustrating that I never get these discount codes, I've spent hundreds on the PS Store in 2016 alone.

I think that's the point. Sony knows chumps like us will spend money on the store regardless of discount codes. They're trying to entice new people to spend money and invest in digital.

black070

I think that's the point. Sony knows chumps like us will spend money on the store regardless of discount codes. They're trying to entice new people to spend money and invest in digital.

47d3197f7147eebcc0e86d5c9a140f09.gif

Ludens

Banned

Yes, but I'm on PSN from 10 years now and I NEVER got one of those codes. I used to receive promotional mails before the outage, after it, nothing at all.

That's what I was thinking as well, but I spend £100-200 worth of psn credit a year and I still got one of these, I didn't buy anything in this sale so I think it's simply to get the people who weren't going to buy anything on sale to buy now.

oggob

They send me the ads but never any of these discount codes. And I was thinking about buying some stuff too. :(

Same boat... and it sucks... Happily will accept a code from someone that doesn't plan to use it...

I could easily do a $150AU spend at the moment with Hatsune Miku leading the charge...

score01

I have... received the discount code.

I'm in shock. There's nothing i'm really interested in this round of sales. They must have known that.

oni-link

They send me the ads but never any of these discount codes. And I was thinking about buying some stuff too. :(

They never send me anything other than "thank you for your purchase" emails

Does anyone know how you'd ask them to send you stuff? I can put up with marketing nonsense if they might throw in a discount code from time to time

Majora

I received the 20% off code a couple of hours ago. I wouldn't say I spend tons on PSN but I've bought a fair share of indie games on there and the very occasional retail game. I wonder if it's because I didn't specifically buy anything in the January sale so far?

It's worked anyway, that discount on top of the sales will probably be enough to push me to make a few purchases I wouldn't have otherwise.

I've had two discount codes sent to me in the past, but they mostly seem to miss me out as is the case again today it seems, which is bloody annoying.

If anyone does have a UK code they're not planning to use, I'd certainly appreciate one.

I have had a PSN account for about 8 years now and I've not received a single voucher as far as I can remember.

I'm guessing it's based on purchase habits, I probably spend between £50-£150 most months on PSN.

3Dprinted

Neo Member
I received the 20% off code a couple of hours ago. I wouldn't say I spend tons on PSN but I've bought a fair share of indie games on there and the very occasional retail game. I wonder if it's because I didn't specifically buy anything in the January sale so far?

It's worked anyway, that discount on top of the sales will probably be enough to push me to make a few purchases I wouldn't have otherwise.

I think it's because of that... At least, like you, i did not buy anything on sale yet. Now, that 60% + 20% is UNMISSABLE :)

dinoroar

Banned
Ello all.

I've got one of those handy PSN voucher codes for 10% off. First person to send me an eloquently written message including their opinion on Godzilla: Resurgence will get it in a snap.

Edit: Gone. Springy sprung.

Springy

Ello all.

I've got one of those handy PSN voucher codes for 10% off. First person to send me an eloquently written message including their opinion on Godzilla: Resurgence will get it in a snap.

Thank you very much for the code, you thoroughly handsome individual. Thought I'd answer you here, so I could gloat publicly about how I Eberted the shit out of that PM.

Going to pick up Trails of Cold Steel 2, and GR2, too, if it can be used against pre-orders.

Hydrargyrus

How can you use the code?
I can't see where to use it in the online store (I'm using the web version).

Btw, is there any way to add two years of PS+ suscription in one time?, because I can only add one year in each purchase

I think I get sent every promotional email apart from the codes lol

I don't think it's based on how much you spend, maybe it's due to how long it's been since your last purchase? I bought something on psn early November but I'd say I've spent less than £30 total since xmas 2015

Ah well, my backlog's grateful I guess

tamminen

What a strange feeling. Got the 20% off code but I pretty much never buy anything digital. Maybe I should pick up the Dead rising triple bundle.

All the low spenders getting the code is funny. While all us idiots who spend fortunes not getting seems a little unfair.

Guess you non spenders mightn't need a code, if so please pm one.

Cronen

Just got my 20% discount code. Any recommendations? I am thinking maybe either Titanfall 2 or Star Wars Battlefront.

cjp

Tempted by Child of Light but I feel as soon as I actually click buy it'll end up on Plus shortly after.

Newfangled

Neo Member
So I haven't played the first Mass Effect (or the subsequent games) beyond approximately the first 6 hours about seven years ago, thanks to a RROD. £3.29 is a no-brainer, right? Or has it not aged particularly well?

Picking up the Ico/SotC collection for sure, though.

Sony, please send me a discount code, I have been a loyal customer for so long ;_;

flozuki

They never send me anything other than "thank you for your purchase" emails

Does anyone know how you'd ask them to send you stuff? I can put up with marketing nonsense if they might throw in a discount code from time to time
Don't buy anything in the sale. That is what I did :D

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
I bought Virginia and Dead Rising on Wednesday, that afternoon Sony sent me an email for 10%. I spend maybe £20ish every month on PSN, im not sure if there's much logic into the selection into who gets codes.

Gonna spend more money and buy Telltale Batman though, so i'm sure Sony have gotten what they wanted :/

tzare

I also received the discount code, does it only work with items currently on sale or can it be used for other games ?

I also received the discount code, does it only work with items currently on sale or can it be used for other games ?

It's 20% off all games, not just sale ones. I'm holding fire on purchasing anything to see if there is a weekend flash sale too. Probably won't be given that Sony have pushed out these codes.

tzare

Not sure what to buy, i almost have no time to play and already have a huge backlog but I'm tempted to buy firewatch or murder soul suspect. And Garou is too expensive.Bbut not sure if i will enjoy firewatch since i don't enjoy first person games very much. Maybe i could use free coffee to buy a 12 month sub to psn+, is that possible?

DJwest

Bought Hitman Season 1, Telltale's Batman and Far Harbour DLC for Fallout 4. Kinda regret not buying RE6. Will the next sale start on the 20th?

Rolf NB

I really loved XCOM 2. Is the DLC worth getting?
Hell no.

Shen's last gift gives you mech units and one (1) introductory mission. Mech units are pretty much useless. Shit aim, can't use cover, massive drain on resources (separate equipment upgrades). Looking at the trophies, 10% of people owning that DLC built a mech (completing the [1] mission gives you one for free), so that should tell you something.
If you like mechs, haywire a sectopod or something.

Alien hunters gives you an introductory mission where you fight 42 (!) vipers. Once you complete that mission, it starts fucking up your run by randomly dropping one of three "leader" aliens into other missions (including, say, timed VIP extraction) that have massive health and basically infinite moves. They "react" to everything you do (including reloads, single moves) by moving and attacking. They will wreck your squad, then run away, basically.
Having this DLC active is a near disastrous risk at anything above babby difficulty. Rewards for killing the leaders are of pretty questionable value IMO.

Top Bottom