• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[EU] PSN SALE - May - 240 items including RE , Deus ex, Stardew Valley & more

JP

For me, it was a choice between two options, Resident Evil VII or Nier: Automata.

If I'd bought Resident Evil VII I probably wouldn't have played for a while and these games seem to be on sale quite a bit so I went for Nier: Automata. I played the demo a bit and also had a few goes on the game in a friend's house and it reminded me somewhat of Metal Gear Rising?

Although I didn't play a great deal of it, what I did play of it made me feel like it could well be Platinum's best game so far.

For people who already own the game, is there any way to turn off the way they show cutscenes with the gray bars rather than full screen or the traditional black bars?
nier_automata-demo-120161128_boite_noire.jpg

It's really not an important thing and from memory, I seem to think that the original game did exactly the same thing, for some reason I just find it distracting.

Maybe because its same old same old and not everyone is wowed by amazing graphics?

Nier has so much depth, its on another level entirely.

The same old what? In what other games are you fighting giant robots with great AI?

The story is really great, so I'm not sure why you are bringing up graphics.

Not sure why the putdown, Horizon is one of a kind. You tell me what other game is the same old same old just like Horizon so I can go and buy that!

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
As an American it hurts me to see Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate so cheap. I've wanted the PS4 version for ages, and I'd get it on my UK account but I've got a 300+ hour save and tons of DLC from the US PS3 version that wouldn't transfer over. And the US version never goes on sale (and is still $60 despite the EU version being 19.99 forever now).

Tizoc

Armikrog is 4 euro, how is it and how does it control on ps4?

I liked what I played of it on PC. It has an odd save system though as you SHOULD have a different file name for each save you make. Dunno about PS4 performance though :X

King_Moc

Banned
How could you be disappointed in Horizon Zero Dawn o_O?

Felt like a bog standard 'clean the icons off the map simulator' to me. No npc's with dialogue options where you choose anything of note, no one to talk to that isn't a quest giver, and no reason to explore anything as everything is icons and there's a sat nav.

Word of warning about the season pass items: They are one time use only. It does not mean once per playthrough, it means once and then they're gone forever.

They're not automatically redeemed, they are in a "storage" area in your inventory where you have to take them out manually, so you can choose not to use them. The game is balanced around never using the items so just leave them there for your first play.

If you want to use the DLC items, start a new game, redeem every item as soon as you gain control and then save the game. Then whenever you want to play again, just load that save instead of pressing new game.

Thanks for the heads up. The main reason as to why I bought the Digital Deluxe edition is because of the added story DLC.

Good to know that the DLC items are a one time use. Kind of lame, really.

I purchased DLC and nowhere does it say that it can only be redeemed once. Is such a thing even legal?

13ruce

Banned
Question are Resident Evil 5 and 6 worth a playthrough if i enjoyed 4? Otherwise i will just skip em and get straight to 7 when the Chris dlc is out.

My question is how is splitscreen done in the RE5/6 games? Is it still like a third of the screen filled with black bars like on the 360?

Question are Resident Evil 5 and 6 worth a playthrough if i enjoyed 4? Otherwise i will just skip em and get straight to 7 when the Chris dlc is out.

I've not played 6, but 5 is an amazing multiplayer game.

I would only recommend it if you're planning to play it with a friend though.

Tambini

5 is definitely worth a go at least especially in co-op, it's good but in a different way than 4

Just DLC costumes.

Definitive Edition just comes with all the DLC, so the costumes for Snake, Quiet, and I think D.Horse, the MGO3 DLC, and I think you might get some MB coins too.

The DLC is only for TPP though; GZ didn't have any DLC.

Thanks. Are any of the DLC costumes worthwhile, as in I should spend the extra £4 to get them, or just pony up for the standard edition of the game?

thenexus6

Tempted to get Mankind Divided just for the season pass, I already know it on disk but this is cheaper than the pass on its own.

Pjsprojects

Jumped on NFS 2016 and Alien Isolation even though I own NFS on X1 & Alien on pc.

Just wish PSN would let me add a Paypal or card instead of being forced to use top up cards.

Bishop89

Stardew Valley.

Dunno why but I keep second guessing my decision to get it. I've never played a game like it so still unsure if I'd like it

Edit: actually that's not true. Ive played don't starve which looks similar

Thanks. Are any of the DLC costumes worthwhile, as in I should spend the extra £4 to get them, or just pony up for the standard edition of the game?

Not really. I think a few of them cover Quiet up a bit more if her lack of clothing on her default outfit is a problem, and the Tuxedo is now DLC if you enjoyed that on the old games.

Minamu

I posted some questions about DOOM yesterday in another thread. What does the digital deluxe version contain besides the game? Is it worth it, it's just a tiny bit more expensive than the standard edition. Also, is there pro support? And how worthwhile is the snapmap feature? I'm an aspiring level designer and it sounds like good practice, IF the tools are any good that is.

IbukiLordSA

For anyone looking at the Marvel Ultimate Alliance stuff, I would suggest just waiting for Marvel Heroes Omega to release, far better game.

Stardew Valley.

Dunno why but I keep second guessing my decision to get it. I've never played a game like it so still unsure if I'd like it

Edit: actually that's not true. Ive played don't starve which looks similar

There are very little similarities between the two. Stardew Valley is excellent. Bought it full price on release and have no regrets.

Resi 5 is excellent, although it's set mostly in daylight mostly in open areas against mutants, and you always have a partner (AI or co-op), so it's not at all scary any more. I would definitely recommend you play with a partner if you can, and if you're a veteran of the series try Veteran difficulty. Resi 6 is more of a mixed bag; there are four campaigns and personally I thought one of them was mediocre (Chris) and another was merely okay (Jake). The other two are much better though, although the game dips into zany action shlock a little too often for my tastes.

Not really. I think a few of them cover Quiet up a bit more if her lack of clothing on her default outfit is a problem, and the Tuxedo is now DLC if you enjoyed that on the old games.

Okay, thanks. I'll go for the standard edition then. Already bought Darksiders, but I've been waiting on a price drop for MGSV as well.

Doom returned tot he low price sale of last time. If only it had PS4 PRO support.
It seems we won't get the same for FFXV with the price error any time soon.

Okay, thanks. I'll go for the standard edition then. Already bought Darksiders, but I've been waiting on a price drop for MGSV as well.

Hopefully you'll enjoy it. It's currently my game of this gen, but it isn't short on problems. Just make sure to listen to all of the tapes you find, as that's where most of the story comes from, and there are a couple that have some of my favourite bits of story from the entire series.

Murkas

How could you be disappointed in Horizon Zero Dawn o_O?

It's as Ubisoft as you'd expect from an open world Ubisoft game. Many are turned off by that idea. I know I am.

Only bought RE5 so far, I may get RE0 too, never finished that one during its GC release. Got to some bat (?) boss that grabs Rebecaa and all I kept hearing was 'BILLY!' and then stopped for some reason.

aravuus

Not sure if it's part of this sale or what, but I just got Risk of Rain for 3 euros thanks to this thread. Should be a fun coop game.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
The PSN sales so far this year have been outstanding. Made me realise that just holding out for 3-6 months saves you more than 50% on game prices. Also, so many great games from this year alone makes it so much fun.

I posted some questions about DOOM yesterday in another thread. What does the digital deluxe version contain besides the game? Is it worth it, it's just a tiny bit more expensive than the standard edition. Also, is there pro support? And how worthwhile is the snapmap feature? I'm an aspiring level designer and it sounds like good practice, IF the tools are any good that is.
Don't recall anything of note in the Digital Deluxe Edition (like with most games out there) and all of the post-release content is multiplayer-oriented, so it's easy to ignore the DLC too. Snapmap is actually fairly decent, plus they've improved some of the limitations that were originally in place for it like a limit on enemy count / resource budget.

It's as Ubisoft as you'd expect from an open world Ubisoft game. Many are turned off by that idea. I know I am.

Damn.. it really isnt. Dont know where this dumb meme came from.

Fucking insulting actually.

It's the best new IP Sony has brought fourth in years.

Top Bottom