• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[EU] PSN SALE - May - 240 items including RE , Deus ex, Stardew Valley & more

I would recommend you watch a recap of Peace Walker at least before you play MGSV, if you are not gonna play GZ again then watch a recap of that too. You can enjoy MGSV without these, as it is a lot of fun, but 30 mins or so of recaps will go a long way.

Btw are you saying that you didn't like GZ or didn't like the plot/characters? If you didn't enjoy playing GZ then you probably won't enjoy MGSV either. It's much bigger in scope but the basic gameplay is the same, mechanically they are identical.

GZ was a lot harder than TPP in my opinion. You'd get spotted really easily in GZ.

As for a recap, the important things to know are:

Peace Walker Story Spoilers!
In 1974, Snake and Kaz have developed their own mercenary faction, MSF, in Colombia.
A Professor at the University of Peace, Galvez (actually a KGB agent),
and one of his students, a young girl named Paz, tell them about an army who have appeared in Costa Rica, and play a message from The Boss.
They are joined by a rebel leader, Amanda, and her little brother, Chico. Throughout the game, Snake builds up the MSF army.
Snake finds a research facility, where a CIA agent is planning to launch a nuke. He rescues Huey Emmerich, who helped design Peace Walker, a machine that is designed for nuclear deterrent, so if a country launched a nuke, it would retaliate instantly.
Huey starts work on making ZEKE, a Metal Gear, to help give MSF credibility.
Huey asks Snake to find Dr. Strangelove, who worked on PW's AI.
When he finds her, she reveals that the AI is based upon The Boss, and tortures Snake to discover what actually happened to her during MGS3.
Snake escapes, fails to destroy PW, then follows it across the border.
He confronts the CIA agent again, but the base is overrun by Soviets, led by Galvez, who reveals himself to be Zadornov, who plans to steal PW.
MSF arrive, and Snake manages to destroy PW.
Zadornov is captured, and before the CIA agent dies, he activates PW to trick the US into thinking the Soviets are launching a nuke at them.
Snake contacts them and tries to convince them that the strike isn't real.
The Boss AI takes control of PW, and in its final action, steers it into the ocean, which cuts the false nuke launch.
Zadornov keeps escaping from Mother Base, and they come to the conclusion there must be a traitor in MSF.
Zadornov attempts to shoot Snake, but Snake kills him.
Paz is revealed to be the traitor, and Zadornovs escape attempts had given her enough time to gain control of ZEKE. She is working for Cipher, an organisation that Zero is behind, and tells Snake if he doesn't surrender, she'll launch a nuke at the US, forcing all the nations to view MSF as a major threat to humanity.
Snake destroys ZEKE, and Paz is launched into the ocean.
Snake comes to terms with his title of Big Boss, and decides to make Outer Heaven.

Ground Zeroes story spoilers!
In 1975, the UN are planning to launch an inspection at Mother Base, which Huey had arranged, as he planned to hide ZEKE underwater.
MSF troops gain info that Paz is alive and being held at Camp Omega in Cuba, by Skullface, the leader of XOF.
Chico attempts to rescue her but is captured as well.
Snake infiltrates the camp, and rescues Paz and Chico.
On the helicopter ride back, a bomb is discovered in Paz, and a MSF medic removes it.
When they arrive at MB, it's in flames: the UN inspection was actually an attack by XOF.
They rescue Kaz just before MB destroyed.
As they are flying away, Paz reveals a second bomb was planted in her, which explodes, causing the helicopter to crash into an XOF helicopter.
After the credits, a flashback reveals that Paz told Skullface where Zero was.

MilkLizard

Gaf please help me out.

Should I get Deus EX or Metal Gear Solid V? They look good for the price but I can't afford both atm.

Intel_89

Gaf please help me out.

Should I get Deus EX or Metal Gear Solid V? They look good for the price but I can't afford both atm.

I'd say Deus EX maybe, I didn't really enjoy MGSV and besides that the physical version with Ground Zeroes will surely drop in price in the near future which means you can grab that later.

Fuck I'm kinda tempted to get Nier at 35. It's 50 on Amazon UK! :eek:
Still trying to work through my way through Yakuza 0.

Better to hold out for the summer sale?

Ludens

Banned
A question: Rockstar PS2 titles have always the same discount they had in the past?
Or it's better waiting for a better deal?

Anyone played QUBE? It's a puzzler like Portal, right - any good?

EDIT - Guacamelee STCE for £2.50 and Rogue Legacy for £3.30 are crazy good deals. Both amazing games with tons of content.

I'm torn on Tembo and Metal Slug 3.

How is MS3 on PS4? The port that M2 did of MS2 on PS3 was incredible, and even included the option to basically unlock the framerate, which fixed the framerate issues that plague every other versions of it and made MSX the definitive version of it. It also had one of the most realistic scan line filters I've seen. Also, does it support legacy arcade sticks?

Not Drake

Cool. Grabbing Lara Croft GO at that price as I enjoyed Hitman GO very much. I hope Deus Ex is next.

Is Sheltered good? I like survival games and I enjoy adventure games if they're not extremely tough with puzzles.

Vashetti

Banned
What a surprise, Shadow of Mordor GOTY edition is on sale but no discount on the DLCs for the original game.

I am not buying the full game again just to get discounts on DLC.

Top Bottom