• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT| of England? You're having Olaff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gambit

If Bayern win the Champions League, Germany will win the Euro.

that's my prediction and my hope

Personally, I am marginally more "afraid" of Holland than Spain. The reason is that the way Holland has been playing lately (esp. 2010) reminds me of the Germany of old. (Incidentally, the "new" Germany reminds me of the Holland of old.)

defel

England are entering this tournament with some of the lowest expectations I can remember. My money is on the Dutch or the Germans.

la_briola

I've decided that supporting England is going to be too much hassle this summer and Hodgson is going to be a laughable manager, so I'm going to support the next best country...

Wij houden van Oranje

dutch-girls.jpg

I will wait for the German response! (Sarah Brandner etc.)

Az

Since we didn't make it to the EURO I'll probably go for Croatia.

Damn you Portugal *shakes fist

Seanspeed

Banned
I'm one of those guys that thinks they're too hip to enjoy football, but I really get into it when it's international, it feels big.

I used to be like that but I've gotten a lot more into the Champions League the past couple years and after following the last few weeks of the Premiere League, I think I might be cemented as a follower, but perhaps I was just spoiled with one of the most dramatic season endings ever.

Very excited about Euro, though.

If Bayern win the Champions League, Germany will win the Euro.

that's my prediction and my hope

Personally, I am marginally more "afraid" of Holland than Spain. The reason is that the way Holland has been playing lately (esp. 2010) reminds me of the Germany of old. (Incidentally, the "new" Germany reminds me of the Holland of old.)

yeah!! and if Chelsea win the Champ. League, England wil... oh wait no they won't

zonezeus

Does that Ukrainian Neo-Nazi gang still have plans to batter the England fans and cause havoc? Will be a shitty tournament.

I'm pretty sure they will be no neo-nazi gangs, or any other gangs for that matter, roaming the streets battering anyone. The amount of bad press the Ukrainian part of Euro 2012 is getting is ridiculous and I think mostly unjustified.

Noshino

Haven't been keeping up, but Im tired of Germany and Spain, so I ll just root for Netherlands this time.

SLOVENIJAAAAA!!! Oh right, we didn't make it. :/

Interesting how everybody seems to be snubbing Italy. I'll admit I didn't follow them this past year, 'cause I was too busy watching Juventus kicking everybody's ass in Serie A, but I think they could be a pleasant surprise if Prandelli manages to motivate the lads properly.

FORZA AZZURRI!

If Prandelli was able to do what he did with Fiorentina, I really wouldn't be surprised if they do well this time.

/XX/

Spanish rooting for Spain here, of course... but playing first against tough Italy (pretty habitual hardcore confrontations), I have a bad feeling about this. Outside of qualifications for important competitions, the team has always been a slow starter.

thy_

As long as anyone but Spain wins, hooray. I enjoy change.

THERE WERE RULES AND PEOPLE WHO DIDN'T ADHERE TO THEM DIDN'T GET ONE! :p

That and there were a boat load of people interested. More than expected. Some, just wanted a thing next to their name and wern't interested in the tournament at all. Which is a little sad.

I still have a copy of the part of the OP, where you had added a bunch of us as having got our flag. Only that we never got them, because WasabiKing had just than given up on modifying the tags.
http://pastebin.com/G15rk0Tk
I think the names that have their own row, were the ones WasabiKing had not yet actually modified.

iE4E6zwYuJweg.gif

Clegg

It's a shame all the fans in here don't come in. Club football's more exciting than international football so they should come join. I'll dial down talking about cock, Salazar will dial down talking about Clev, DC will dial down talking.

I think footy gaf will unfortunately have to dial down the use of it's favourite word.

Wilbur

Banned
If anyone at the Euros really wants to win playing sparkling football, Alex McLeish is going to be available. Del Bosque should just leave to make way.

I'll say Russia and Poland through from group A, Germany and Denmark group B, Spain and Italy group C, France and England group D. Then we get fucked over by any team that isn't Poland

bjaelke

I reckon we'll make it out of group b without breaking a sweat. We bested Germany and Holland 20 years ago to claim the trophy and we beat Portugal twice in the qualifiers. There is no stopping Christian Poulsen and his crusade to reclaim the throne of Europe.

Oh, who am I kidding? We'll get the Barton treatment.

Danielsan

I'll be rooting for us, but I can totally see us crashing and burning against Germany and Portugal.Talk about a deadly group.
Hopefully the Portugal match will be another blood bath. Though it certainly wasn't great football, it sure as hell was fun to watch.

Put me in the group that thinks that either Germany or Spain will take the cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom