• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT2| of Spain celebrating victory with younger, mixed gender squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Hey guys, do you know what could made Spain's play fun?

THE OTHER TEAM PUTTING A FIGHT.

Seriously people. At least a talented team could try to wreak havok in Spain's midfield and instill a bit of caos, but they all fall into the same trap.

Sylver

Banned
I like the 5-0 against Madrid.

I still have the 1080p mkv file with selfmade Catalunya Radio audio.

18GB file XD

4qbAw.jpg

Tau

Compared to the likes of Brazil from years past, Spanish style football is no where near great.

As mentioned, it's nothing but dull.

I was just thinking about that, Brazil played at a much higher urgency and yet all the players could read each-other. Spanish style seems to lack the urgency.

Messi

Hey guys, do you know what could made Spain's play fun?

THE OTHER TEAM PUTTING A FIGHT.

Seriously people. At least a talented team could try to wreak havok in Spain's midfield and instill a bit of caos, but they all fall into the same trap.

Spain are just waiting for players to step out of position, Barca do this all the time and batter opponents because of it.

And they will if we ge to the final (and so do them), I have been saying it for a while.

"LOL DIVING"
*.gif where it's shown it's not diving
"SPAIN IS STILL BORING RAGE"
"What is Spain going to do if the other team doesn't do anything"
"NOT BORING SOCCER"

Taken to some ridiculous extremes, as boring as I think the second half was. Hell I anticipated it which is why didn't go to a bar to celebrate despite how obviously we were gonna win. If the other teams are too scared to play well we're not gonna change strategy, which is why when Germany does we're fucking screwed.

Messi

God I missed Villa last season. I swear we could've won both league and CL with him.

So many times I cursed the TV saying 'Villa would have scored that'. I honestly believe if we had villa we would have won the CL, not taking anything away from Chelsea. Barca were afraid to shoot from outside the box vs chelsea. It's not a problem Villa shares with his team mates.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Changing the subjet a little bit, I'm amazed how good Ramos looks with a small beard and short hair.

gm5QE.jpg
1FDRp.jpg

It's hard to believe he's the same
douchebag

Wilbur

Banned
Changing the subjet a little bit, I'm amazed how good Ramos looks with a small beard and short hair.

http://i.imgur.com/gm5QE.jpg[/IG][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/1FDRp.jpg[/IM]

It's hard to believe he's the same [spoiler]douchebag[/spoiler][/QUOTE]

Yeah I'd definitely eat his dick right up now. Possession stats of his balls in my
Mouth would be delicious.

Didn't watch the game as I was busy but how was it? Spain really good or France really shit?

Saw the first goal highlight and lol at malouda total fucking fail defensively.

The answer is obviously no.. we are trying to win.

What it means is.

Please Spain, change your successful style and give everybody else a chance.

What was once fun, isn't anymore, so your time of being great AND popular are over.

Slowly but surely the media are gonna portray Spain as the anti football negative team that wont let the other team have the ball.

They are starting to outstay their welcome

pakkit

Banned
Spain's football is anti-football!

WTF are you lot even saying? If France bothered to attack the Spaniards instead of allowing them room to tiki-taka all over the place, we could have had an engaging match. Instead, it was Spanish domination. I think it's impressive, even if it doesn't lead to a lot of goals.

Kyoufu

What it means is.

What was once fun, isn't anymore, so your time of being great AND popular are over.

Slowly but surely the media are gonna portray Spain as the anti football negative team that wont let the other team have the ball.

It's ESPN...

This thread is hilarious.

Sylver

Banned
But that seems to be the current feeling towards Spain by some people on here and in certain parts of the media.

It's one thing that bothers me about football reporting is that this opinion will soon gather momentum and be regarded a fact.

Reading English and France media talking about spanish sports is not a healthy thing to do.
They can't stand we win them on nearly everything. :D

feel

What it means is.

People are just expressing what they feel about the unpleasant to watch pace killing tactics, noone in their right mind is asking for them to change away from their winning formula and actually expecting them to do it. Same with Greece, Italy or Chelsea when they were successful with less than fun to witness means.

Arnie

All you moist ass cookie cutter mother fuckers are forgetting how Italy more than matched Spain's 'anti-football' in their opening group game. If anything Italy outplayed Spain that day and should've won.

The situation is just exasperated by how utterly abject France were, from both a tactical and performance standpoint. They barely pressed Spain after about 30 minutes and let them just get on with their game. The player's body language was astonishing, their desire was non-existant and when you've got a team headed by Benzema, the greediest and most wasteful striker of the tournament then you're going to find it hard to play as a team. The guy just fucking shoots, and it's more often than not shit. In this tournament; I know he's been fantastic for Real.

Football's a simple game: if you don't have the ball you can't score. Spain play with that in mind, and France looked like they forgot that tonight.

the problem with spains domination is that the spaniards play very conservatively with their advantage. Where a team like germany takes the risk to loose the ball by going for a goal spain prefers to do a pass back unless the situation is perfect.

So we have a defensive team and a team that takes no risk but is so superior that the defending team can't counterattack. That makes a boring game since neither team brings many shots on goal nor is there some kind of back and forth.

edit: i'm not saying spain is wrong to play like they play but it's not some kind of super pretty spectacular football.

Sorry I missed this post earlier, but did Spain play any differently in the last Euro's or the World cup they won?

Back then everybody loved them but the tide is starting to turn against them and I'm not sure why.

Sorry but I've got a bee in my bonnet tonight about how peoples perceptions change without any real evidence to support it

Wilbur

Banned
Sorry I missed this post earlier, but did Spain play any differently in the last Euro's or the World cup they won?

Back then everybody loved them but the tide is starting to turn against them and I'm not sure why.

Sorry but I've got a bee in my bonnet tonight about how peoples perceptions change without any real evidence to support it

They did play different. More incisive, faster, vertical.

sneaky77

no.. we won every match in the WC by 1-0.

I think as the yrs have gone teams play us way more defensively.. so we just keep the ball until we find some space.. everyone always wants whoever is winning to fail.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
All you moist ass cookie cutter mother fuckers are forgetting how Italy more than matched Spain's 'anti-football' in their opening group game. If anything Italy outplayed Spain that day and should've won.

The situation is just exasperated by how utterly abject France were, from both a tactical and performance standpoint. They barely pressed Spain after about 30 minutes and let them just get on with their game. The player's body language was astonishing, their desire was non-existant and when you've got a team headed by Benzema, the greediest and most wasteful striker of the tournament then you're going to find it hard to play as a team. The guy just fucking shoots, and it's more often than not shit. In this tournament; I know he's been fantastic for Real.

Football's a simple game: if you don't have the ball you can't score. Spain play with that in mind, and France looked like they forgot that tonight.

untitled-1n898n.gif

Just look at France's midfielders. Look at them wet-farting around. HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN.

Arnie

Exactly. It's basically rop-a-dope tactics. Which actually makes England the Muhmmad Ali of European football.

Edit:I think you mean exacerbated Arnie.

With a big word like that I let my iPhone go into auto pilot. It doesn't always boast good results.

Just look at France's midfielders. Look at them wet-farting around. HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN.
Exactly. That gif, a gif of their midfield three spunking the ball about in an unproductive manner, and a gif of Benzema having a shit shot from a stupid position sums up their tournament. As a team they've been shit.

Hope Spurs get this Laurent Blanc fella.

People are just expressing what they feel about the unpleasant to watch pace killing tactics, noone in their right mind is asking for them to change away from their winning formula and actually expecting them to do it. Same with Greece, Italy or Chelsea when they were successful with less than fun to witness means.

But my point is, even just two years ago at the world cup, the common opinion was that the way Spain and Barca played was what everybody should be striving for.

I'm just pointing out how thats changed is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom