• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT2| of Spain celebrating victory with younger, mixed gender squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

So, how about them anti-EURO 2012 topless protests, huh?

Link to dutch site (nsfw)

They are afraid that Euro 2012 will increase sex-tourism. Can anyone explain that to me, are football fans actively seeking out prostitutes or something?
Serious issue. But I doubt these topless actions really make a difference. Though I'd like to see them doing this more often :lol

Hackbert

ah it is good to see neogaf and this thread back online.. just in time for todays hopefully great match. Looking forward to it^^

The funny thing is that a lot of people who complains about the spanish playstyle calling it boring, defended the Chelsea strategy against Barça :)

Double standard, you know. Also know as hate (or envy) ;)

Yup, I find the ones who are usually complaining that Spanish flair and technique is boring are also typically the ones who would go on harping about the brilliance of anti-football, i.e. that of parking the bus and putting 10 men behind the ball, with a hoof and barge mentality of one dimensional football with zero intelligence and footballing ability. Tactics of which typically revolve around a lucky hit and run break with the usual repertoire of running down the flanks and whipping a hopeful cross to the middle with someone big and powerful at the end of it, or rely on some setpiece to cause enough chaos and hopefully get a scrappy reward. Now that’s real shite boring football if you ask me, but to some others this sort of hoof and hope display is breathtaking “world class” football at its finest lol.

TBH this sort of double standard also kinda reminds me of, and draws some parallel to the sort of bias I typically see being exhibited by the British media here when it comes to “foreigners and diving”. When a foreign player is guilty of said crime, more often than not, there’ll be extra spotlight and outcry, but when it’s one of our own, it’s be conveniently forgotten or brushed aside with the retort of “he’s just being clever” lol. Nah, I don’t think being envious quite nails why we’re seeing these sort of snide remarks about boring Spanish football tbh. I think it’s more of a defence mechanism thingy, buried under issues of deep insecurity about how shite the English hoof and barge mentality is, that’s driving this subliminal message in the form of some defiant double standard rants by some folks. But enough of this psychobabble already. Come on England! You can do it! I know you’re shite but who’s to say shite can’t win? Chelsea proved it!

You know what I don't understand?

A lot of casual fans like Spain and Barca because they play attractive football, or they are perceived to at least. Now that seems to be the way for a lot of people, and then the fans who follow the sport more herald it as a tactical master class. That's fine, I agree with that.

But when Chelsea pull off a tactical master class, equally as deserving of praise as Spain/Barca, they get slated for it. Despite scoring 3 goals on the counter attack (since when was that negative?), despite making the game a contest between irresistible attacking force and unmovable defensive object. Their game plan let Barca play how they wanted to play and said 'well adapt to these tactics' instead of just doing it the other way around. That to me is far more thrilling than what Spain do.

I cheered for Chelsea in that game, and the tears were delicious, but tactical master class? seriously?

Arnie

I cheered for Chelsea in that game, and the tears were delicious, but tactical master class? seriously?

I'd call it tactical efficiency, rather than a masterclass. Mourinho's Inter was a masterclass in that particular style; Di Matteo's Chelsea felt like a reactionary switch to cagey football as a direct response to the fragility of AVB's system, and it just so happens that they came across a couple of teams who couldn't handle it.

I loved it though, about time somebody forced Barca to try a plan B, to which they failed.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
By the end of the day, I wanna eat pasta and chips instead of cod and chips.

Come on Italy! destroy the british. A wannabe football loaded with arrogant fans. I truly hate them.

Say what you like about Britain, but it is most certainly not a football.

And I've not seen much if any arrogance this time around. If anything, its been pessimistic.

haters-gonna-hate.gif

Linius

Barcelona scored an early goal in the second game and went on to lead 2-0, what are you talking about?
You're right, I remember. That second game was horrible. Giving away that stupid goal while having one player more on the field. Second half Chelsea parked their bus in front of the goal and Barca never got trough again and ended up playing all or nothing which eventually gave Torres a goal.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So who is the 'Larisa Riquelme' of the Euro 2012?

xbhaskarx

Posted already? From the FA's twitter:

England line-up v Italy: Hart, Johnson, Terry, Lescott, Cole, Milner, Parker, Gerrard (c), Young, Rooney, Welbeck. #EC

bud

chelsea parking the bus while still giving away loads of chances is quite the opposite of giving a "tactical masterclass."

forza azzurri!

Hey, I'm not saying the Polish woman is the hottest Euro groupie. It's just that she clearly only attends the games (all sorts of games) to show off her tits and is actually a professional model, just like the Riquelme chick.

Hixx

Hey, I'm not saying the Polish woman is the hottest Euro groupie. It's just that she clearly only attends the games (all sorts of games) to show off her tits and is actually a professional model, just like the Riquelme chick.

My penis and I are absolutely fine with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom