• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT2| of Spain celebrating victory with younger, mixed gender squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Prandelli might use the tactics from the first match again or try to do something similar to what Portugal did and press further up the pitch.
That would be interesting (pressing up the pitch) but I'm not sure Italy's players suit that tactic.

I think it'll be interesting to see the impact De Rossi has, if he plays as the 3rd CB again. I expect Spain will focus on dealing with Pirlo but De Rossi just behind him often finds space and is more than capable of picking passes himself. I think Spain might play Cesc to help occupy him.

Kyoufu

I wonder if Prandelli might use the tactics from the first match again or try to do something similar to what Portugal did and press further up the pitch.

Counter-attacking Spain should seal the deal. Basically pull a Chelsea and they *should* be successful. Spain really could use Villa right about now...

kharma45

Personally i find it quite sexist that the word 'dick' is allowed and the word 'cunt' is not. I feel offended, as if females are not able to stand up for themselves when they disagree with the way they are threated or referred to (bodyparts included.

Ha. I made the exact same point in the football thread.

I really hope Portugal showed the way to defeat Spain. Since Italy actually has strikers, I think they can win with relative ease.

Yeah I can see Italy winning it, I've a good feeling that Mario will rattle them and do something special.

There is just a certain something about Italy, again a feeling that they have something, that Spain seem to be lacking in this tournament.

Divius

I really, really have no idea what to expect for the final. I just really hope it will be a fun match and I guess I'm rooting for Italy.

Zabojnik

I think it'll be interesting to see the impact De Rossi has, if he plays as the 3rd CB again. I expect Spain will focus on dealing with Pirlo but De Rossi just behind him often finds space and is more than capable of picking passes himself. I think Spain might play Cesc to help occupy him.

Press Pirlo, deal with De Rossi ... might work, however there's this other guy. He hasn't scored yet, but he sure has been warming up to it. It's time Principino, it's time.

190054hp2.jpg

IceCold

This betting thing got me thinking of something...I bet someone made an insane amount of money in 04 by betting that Greece would win before the competition started.

I do hope that the quote is real. :D

It's no doubt fake. Only sources for it is twitter and it started floating around pretty late before their finale... Yeah, doubt he's doing interviews at this moment and that some shitty twitter profile would be the interviewer if he for some reason did.

Majine

Banned
What the hell, that crying german lady that they showed after Balo's 2-0 goal was "fake", as in, she was crying at the german anthem, and they just edited her in later.

All the journos on tv choosing Spain. No one has the balls to pick Italy. Love being the underdog.

Vegas odds set for Spain and Italy to win the euro BEFORE the tournament started:

Spain: 9/4
Italy: 12/1

Italy would have been a sweet bet. People who bet big money on Italy will be sweating tomorrow. Payout could be huge.

I'm surprised England was 10/1 and favored higher than Italy.

IceCold

What the hell, that crying german lady that they showed after Balo's 2-0 goal was "fake", as in, she was crying at the german anthem, and they just edited her in later.

Apparently the tear was all CGI.
Just kidding...but you never know with UEFA.

MutFox

Banned
Canada GAF what's your take on this dispute?

As a Canadian, I don't really care, it's a swear word, just like dick, prick, etc...
I don't like to use any of them, but if one is banned, all should be banned.

Just seems like the right thing to do IMO.

All the journos on tv choosing Spain. No one has the balls to pick Italy. Love being the underdog.

Vegas odds set for Spain and Italy to win the euro BEFORE the tournament started:

Spain: 9/4
Italy: 12/1

Italy would have been a sweet bet. People who bet big money on Italy will be sweating tomorrow. Payout could be huge.

I'm surprised England was 10/1 and favored higher than Italy.

The way to not lose - bet on Spain to win the tournament at Betfair, around £60 (on a £100 stake on Italy) will be enough to make one doesn't lose money. I would probably put on £450 on Spain to win so that I make money either way. If Italy win then I would make a net £850, If Spain won then I would make a net of £620 (at 1.6).

That's how to never lose any money when betting, especially on a two horse race.

The way to not lose - bet on Spain to win the tournament at Betfair, around £60 (on a £100 stake on Italy) will be enough to make one doesn't lose money. I would probably put on £450 on Spain to win so that I make money either way. If Italy win then I would make a net £850, If Spain won then I would make a net of £620 (at 1.6).

That's how to never lose any money when betting, especially on a two horse race.

Yes, but this wasn't a two horse race before the tournament started (when the odds quoted were in place). The current odds to lift the trophy stand at 4/7 for Spain and 6/4 for Italy. There is no way to never lose money.

Yes, but this wasn't a two horse race before the tournament started (when the odds quoted were in place). The current odds to lift the trophy stand at 4/7 for Spain and 6/4 for Italy. There is no way to never lose money.

Yeah, of course. I just explained to someone in a PM that the only way to do it is to get in early on longer odds. I had speculative bets before the tournament on Italy, England and Denmark to varying degrees at varying odds as I thought all three had a better chance than their odds of winning the tournament. I have placed a bet on Spain that will ensure I am about £1900 up if Italy win and around £440 up if Spain win.

Don't get me wrong, I was tempted to lay off my Italy bet with Germany before the semi which would have made my net gain much lower, but once the match started I figured I would wait, what a great decision that turned out to be because had I hedged on Germany it would have made my net on Spain winning basically break even and on Italy winning a lot worse as it got eaten up.

Big-E

12 hours from now I'll be having a heart attack and some nervous diarrhea. Gonna be good. I'm already getting the butterflies. Gotta sleep.

I had to work during the 2006 game and was losing it as there was no tv where I was and was super busy. Always the worst feeling.

Sethos

Banned
Normally I'm not a betting man but I had to put some money on the game, something that translate to $34 - Just for the hell of it. It's definitely going to be interesting.

And I went for Spain.

Did not bet the whole tournament so far but it's the last game .
Put down $500 for Italy to win, it's not a huge amount still something to make game more interesting form me .

Nesotenso

Did anyone catch the piece on Balotelli on Sportscenter ? Not a fan of people with huge egos or in the news for their antics, but I will be rooting for him because of the racist stuff by some Spanish fans.

bjaelke

The Best Player At Euro 2012

So there you have it our clear winner is Italy’s Andrea Pirlo with a massive 86 points. Runner up is Spaniard Andres Iniesta with 35 points and in third place we have Portugal star Cristiano Ronaldo 17 points.

Overall we had 20 players nominated. Spain were the country represented the most with 7 players, Italy had 5, Portugal managed to have 4 players nominated and Germany had 3 players in there. Russia were the only side not in the semi finals to see a player (Alan Dzagoev – 2 votes) nominated.

MIMIC

Banned
No Wimbledon tomorrow (stupid London and their traditional "middle Sunday" crap). Guess I'll be watching this.

Go.....Italy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom