• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT2| of Spain celebrating victory with younger, mixed gender squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

barrico

Banned
Forza Italy, I hope they win, best italian team from ages, also brave coach I still remember in 2002, when their ancient coach refuse to play del piero and totti together.

I am wondering will he play with montilivio, marchisio, de rossi and pirlo !
No way.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Forza Italy, I hope they win, best italian team from ages, also brave coach I still remember in 2002, when their ancient coach refuse to play del piero and totti together.

I am wondering will he play with montilivio, marchisio, de rossi and pirlo !
No way.

That's the plan!

barrico

Banned
That's the plan!

I am talking about if trapatoni was the coach will he play all of these gifted midfielders together, I don't think so, he had at his team at that time 2002 one of the best squad yet his tactics and start up players were not up to their talant, I still remember the depate about playing totti and alex together, then in 2004 when he refused to start with pirlo saying why would he place a play maker infront of the defenders !

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I am talking about if trapatoni was the coach will he play all of these gifted midfielders together, I don't think so, he had at his team at that time 2002 one of the best squad yet his tactics and start up players were not up to their talant, I still remember the depate about playing totti and alex together, then in 2004 when he refused to start with pirlo saying why would he place a play maker infront of the defenders !

Yeah I remember :( It's a real shame, they were on their peak back then!

Ikael

Truth be told, I am Spanish and I also like very much this new improved Italy team; more offensive, and less physical. I hope to see a great match, and no, you don't even need goals in order to see that. There were lots of moments of sheer tactical brilliance on the previous Italy - Spain encounter, and I want more of these, goals or no goals.

Konosuke

Not sure who I want to support. I wanna see Spain achieve a 3rd win and make history but I also wanna see epic Balottelli celebrations.

bjaelke

Didn't the group stages have a record number of goals ?
It was the 2nd highest average after gameday 2.
I just hope for a high scoring game. Not enough goals in the tournament so far for my liking

I'd rather have an entertaining game. Italy - England was one of the better games at this tournament despite ending 0-0 in regular time.

I want to see what EBJT would do with the trophy.
fixed

caramac

Hope I'm wrong but it'll probably be a tight turgid affair. Spain now play as if they have much to lose and Italy will probably try to keep it tight and hope for a break away or set piece goal.

Italy wins this and the scandal that surrounds them is diluted when they return home.

bjaelke

How many pages usually get filled up during/after a game? If there is a slight risk the thread might go well over 20k posts then maybe it'd be better to just have an OT3 for the final.

This is not your average game though and the promise of a Mario Biscuit battle could very well result in 5k posts including the aftermath.

As a spaniard, I'm expecting Italy to win.

Italy is in good shape and just had a good boost in confidence.

Spain OTOH isn't playing their best; they look tired and lacking ideas, not to mention they are in serious need of a good finisher (Villa isn't there, Torres has a serious lack of concentration, the others aren't being used). We also insist on no taking any risks and walking into the other team's net, even when we have a good opportunity to just shoot, something that Spain has to change.

Not saying Spain can't win because, despite all of the above, they still have so much talent and good team work that they have managed to get to the final anyway. They have a shot at winning the game, no question about that, but if I have to bet, I would bet on Italy. In fact, an easy win for Italy isn't out of the question.

Also, whoever wins it will be well deserved; after all no one gives these cups for free. If Italy wins they would have beaten all these other great teams plus the current Euro/World Cup champion. If Spain wins they would have beaten all these other great teams plus Italy, who easily won against a much praised Germany.

I hope we end up having an exciting game.

Good luck Italians!

This is not your average game though and the promise of a Mario Biscuit battle could very well result in 5k posts including the aftermath.
Yup, that's my point. If a normal game would already bring us up to or close to 20k, then the final definitely will. I think making an OT3 right now would make most sense because everyone would have the time to get used to there being an OT3. Otherwise we'd have to switch way late or who knows maybe during the game. Would be shit.
As a spaniard, I'm expecting Italy to win.
Nah. You're not.

gurasa

it's impossible to hate this italian team.
i know right. too many beasts
Indifferent2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom