• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT2| of Spain celebrating victory with younger, mixed gender squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I do not understand why is that low. He participated, he is the captain, he may very well and deserve to dress the uniform. The supporters like him, and probably the players (that didn't got cheated hah!) like him, so why not have him raise the cup? If anything he is one spirituous motherfucker when playing, even if mean too.

I do not understand why is that low. He participated, he is the captain, he may very well and deserve to dress the uniform. The supporters like him, and probably the players (that didn't got cheated hah!) like him, so why not have him raise the cup? If anything he is one spirituous motherfucker when playing, even if mean too.

It's not fair to talk about JT when a certain word was just banned.

Yeah there wasn't anything too bad about it really, Terry however is a pretty hateable guy. He even going to court in a few weeks for calling someone a "fucking black c word".

Apparently Italians in Italy are going berserk over the loss. Any Europeans can confirm this?
Italygaf here, while I can't speak for the italians or the wannabe ones around Europe, the overall feeling it's bittersweet, because we knew that this team had one to no chances at all to even get to the semifinals, and they did it with an overall better performance than the last world cup we won, but they just didn't have the stamina in their legs, it was clear with Germany already.
This loss will do more good than bad, since Prandelli just clarified that he will keep up with this team and they got confident of their cards.

Can't hide that many of us were ready to party, and even with how much we lost, in the end they still used their fireworks.

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
Italygaf here, while I can't speak for the italians or the wannabe ones around Europe, the overall feeling it's bittersweet, because we knew that this team had one to no chances at all to even get to the semifinals, and they did it with an overall better performance than the last world cup we won, but they just didn't have the stamina in their legs, it was clear with Germany already.
This loss will do more good than bad, since Prandelli decided just clarified that ge will keep up with this team and they got confident of their cards.

Can't hide that many of us were ready to party, and even with how much we lost, in the end they still used their fireworks.

What's that supposed to mean?

elfinke

Nice final to get up in the wee hours for. Xavi (which iOS wants to autocorrect to 'saviour') was sublime.

Also, catching up on this thread (100pp) starting at page 159; there is some pretty hilarious posts and predictions!

Wellscha

QD9b4.jpg

bubububu

Messi for ballon d'or

Torres.

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
"Guido" styled around the world ala jersey shore aren't italians in the slightest.
Maybe it's me but there is always some issues with how people picture the italian archetype on international boards.

So you talking about an US subculture. I'm as much Italian as you are even if don't live in Italy.

SuperÑ

OptionN, ShiftN
Guys. Guys. Guys.

I told you.

We are the best team without any doubt.

And we won.

Spanish football is best football.

Somax

A real pity, but even without the bad luck with injuries, I don't think we could have done much better... maybe we could have avoided this utter destruction.

Congratulations, Spain.

Forza Azzurri, comunque!

YEEES!! España!, España!

Congratulations to Italy, who played great football along the Euro and really had their chances today, but they weren't really lucky and hell, they played against the best national team in the history of football. I really hope they don't change their style in the future because I really like Prandelli's Italy. And fuck, Buffon and Pirlo are pure class.

This is mainly the reason why most Spanish matches weren't very exciting. Because the opponents know that if you really go for the match... well, you can win, but you can also get trashed. My respects for Portugal and Italy who tried their football and not just went for the lucky strike like others did.

I feel really lucky for being able to enjoy this Dream Team these years. Probably only time will put them where they deserve to be.

Now olympic football, glancing at spanish sub 23 squad makes me drool, so much talent :D

Pirlo will be 35 when the WC 2014 starts. It would be great if he could do it then.

We need Pirlo and Xavi, they're better walking than most running.

Sadly Thiago is injured.

Isco >>>> Thiago.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
I'm going to miss this thread :(

I'm not knowledgable enough to post in footy GAF very much lol

In league play I mostly just watch Reggina Calcio matches with my grandfather. Don't think many gaffers are posting about them in that thread lol
Wait... Reggina Calcio? Are you from RC too?

"Guido" styled around the world ala jersey shore aren't italians in the slightest.
Maybe it's me but there is always some issues with how people picture the italian archetype on international boards.

That is "Italian-American" culture. It is its own thing.

Which is one thing I never get: why Americans who can trace their ancestry back to a particular country tend to support those teams in European football. My favorite European team is Germany, and it's only because 4 years ago when I first watched the Euro, I decided they had the coolest uniforms. lol

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
The amazing thing was that it could have easily ended 5:0. By the end of the match Italy looked completely broken. Dismantled, even. That second goal destroyed the team's morale.

yeah but they were playing with 10 men due to injuries.

LProtag

Which is one thing I never get: why Americans who can trace their ancestry back to a particular country tend to support those teams in European football. My favorite European team is Germany, and it's only because 4 years ago when I first watched the Euro, I decided they had the coolest uniforms. lol

I was raised in a very Italian family and feel very connected to Italian culture. I like to support Italy in football. It's my heritage that I'm celebrating, much like people celebrate their nationality when they root for their nation's team.

I like to support the US in the world cup too as an American, but I also support Italy as an Italian-American.

It's not a really difficult concept.

Clydefrog

VIVA ESPANA!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO

It really wasn't fair after Italy were knocked down to 10 men. Poor management by Prandelli to start Chiellini though, so Italy have themselves to blame.

Beautiful goals today. I don't think any team could have beat Spain today. Torres got the golden boot LOLOLOL

Watching the aftermath of the game, every time they cut to Thiago Motta he was bawling his eyes out. It looked like he felt responsible for the loss because of his injury; it wasn't your fault dude! Poor guy :(

I really do admire Buffon though. He is so classy.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Apparently Italians in Italy are going berserk over the loss. Any Europeans can confirm this?.

Quite the opposite.

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/-italie-merci-quand-meme-presse/295592

People are grats to Prandelli but since he's mantra is "I only wish we could have approached this game in good physical conditions", they are pissed at him for putting on the pitch two barely recovered players like Motta and Chiellini instead of, you know, the other guys who were perfectly fit. It's fair, and it does nothing to undermine how much we're grateful to Prandelli still.

Congrats Espana, totally deserved it, you guys played the perfect game.
What a treble, history of football was (re)written tonight.

Grazie to the Azzurris for the awesome tournament and great football, it wasn't our day and, you know, it's not a shame to lose against the best.

Big-E

It makes sense, but I just don't feel the same sense of historical identity that people who claim they are "____-American" do. I only identify as an American (from the US).

In other words, I don't know that feel, bros.

Still find it puzzling. Why wouldn't a first or second generation American cheer for the country of their heritage? It is their blood.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
The amazing thing was that it could have easily ended 5:0. By the end of the match Italy looked completely broken. Dismantled, even. That second goal destroyed the team's morale.

Well we were playing 8 versus 11 you know lol

(Balzaretti and De Rossi were injured but we were out of subs, like with Motta).

You say 5, but it's not like Di Natale couldn't have scored, you keep living in a bubble.
Cheers to real spanish GAF (you know, all the ones who actually aren't dicks)

Seanspeed

Banned
It makes sense, but I just don't feel the same sense of historical identity that people who claim they are "____-American" do. I only identify as an American (from the US).

As an American, its hard to find a reason to become a 'supporter' of any team over in Europe with good justification, but heritage would be one. It probably just starts out as a 'Hey, this is an England vs Italy match and since I'm part Italian, I'm gonna root for them" sort of thing, but then eventually that support carries over to future matches if they keep watching and eventually they are considered a proper 'fan' of that team.

IceCold

It depends on how recent your ancestors left their country of origin. Are you a 2-3 gen immigrant? Some people just like to have a team to cheer to. Choosing one based on your ancestry is the easiest way of choosing one.

Rising_Hei

This has been an entertainment match plagued with some of the best football i've ever seen, which match did people that says that this has been boring seen?

The finals of the Worldcup was boring because of how holland played, but this one? no way

xbhaskarx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom