• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurogamer editor is teasing a top, top secret "thing" (reveal)

Waaghals

He said he "won't comment on rumors and speculation". Isn't that Microsoft's go to line for this sort of thing? and don't they have an event coming up and one major release that needs a media blowout sometime soon?

He said he "won't comment on rumors and speculation". Isn't that Microsoft's go to line for this sort of thing? and don't they have an event coming up and one major release that needs a media blowout sometime soon?

Sony trot that one out frequently too.

TS4.

colt45joe

Banned
doesn't this always happen? some guy for a magazine/website says they're gonna reveal a game totally awesome and unexpected? what was it the last few times?

wwm0nkey

As Domino pointed out on the HaloGAF thread Frankie said this in a Halo Bulletin not too long ago.

Personally I have been traveling a fair amount in support of the impending year-long launch activity. Visiting with our partners and colleagues in Europe to talk (and walk) them through the game

There is also the Showcase that is going on the 29th that is rumored to have Halo 4.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
doesn't this always happen? some guy for a magazine says they're gonna reveal a game totally awesome and unexpected? what was it the last few times?

Yeah, and it's obnoxious as hell. "WE KNOW SOMETHING YOU DON'T KNOW!!! LOL"

*reveals iOS card game*

Why not? He's got a point. What purpose did it serve tweeting that other than to say, "I know something that you don't nyah nyah nyahhhhhhhhh."

He's got a point? What? He got shown something and told he can't talk about it yet. He didn't go find out information or come across some scandal.

It doesn't matter if you work for the BBC or Eurogamer, you don't fuck over your sources by releasing information they don't want you to.

You won't have any sources in the future.

Could this be the reveal of the Capcom/Sega/Nintendo 3DS collaboration? I hope Half-life 3, if just so we can stop bitching about the lack of info.

test_account

XP-39C²
There is always something big coming soon you don't know about yet, constantly.
I wouldnt exactly say that. I'm not expecting to hear anything big gaming news before E3 to be honest. So this "internet will go bananas soon" makes me think that we will know something before E3.

Sean

Banned
I'm guessing UE4 tech demo. Eurogamer editor calls it a "thing" rather than a "game" and it lines up with the Epic Games tweet the other day.

Mike Capps @epicactual
Just reviewed all projects and GDC @UnrealEngine demos. I felt like a proud papa. Demo made people gasp, literally.

Amazing gaming week with Journey & Vita. But the top, top secret thing I saw t'other day... The internet will go bananas when it's shown.

@ShogunDarius The internet will go bananas at how impressive it is.

And the other clue:

That is a very annoying tweet, I realise, it's just that I'm SO EXCITED by what I saw. Shouldn't be too long for you to wait.

GDC is on March 5.

Top Bottom