• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurogamer editor is teasing a top, top secret "thing" (reveal)

Vire

This. It's about time.

The internet will not go bananas when that's revealed.

That's something utterly disappointing and expected.

C'MON MORTAL KOMBAT x STREET FIGHTER.

or Half Life 3.

I'll take either.

It's the Unreal Engine 4 demo.

kevm3

These hype tactics are so annoying.

"Hey guys, I just saw a super secret awesome game that you will go bananas over... I mean you will literally go crazy. It looks THAT great.All you need to know is that it is awesome. I can't tell you now, but I'm going to hype you up. Make sure you come and purchase our magazine in 2 weeks time so you too can feast."

UberTag

NeoGAF conditions this type of reprehensible behavior from publishers and media outlets alike by turning garbage like this into giant multi-page threads of speculative nonsense so we only have ourselves to blame.

One can only guess how big this thread will get.

Vire

"Hey guys, I just saw a super secret awesome game that you will go bananas over... I mean you will literally go crazy. It looks THAT great.All you need to know is that it is awesome. I can't tell you now, but I'm going to hype you up. Make sure you come and purchase our magazine in 2 weeks time so you too can feast."

At least the journalist admitted it was annoying haha.

which is why it's so easy not to ever take them too seriously.

squidyj

Except he didn't say it was a game.

kevm3

Except he didn't say it was a game.

because it's so awesome he cannot even begin to tell you what it is. guys are doing backflips off of water coolers in the office because it's so amazing. don't ask any questions about what it is, because it's so confidential that nobody can know until you check out the feature reveal in two weeks.

Yeah Im thinking it may be Halo 4 or something that has to do with Bananas.

If its does have to do with Bananas I suppose it may be a DK game for the Wii-U? That, or someone did mention Time Splitters which would be cool. Still, I wish with a tease like this we at least had a time frame.. We could find out in a few days or a few months, we have no perspective on how soon "soon" is.

Vire

because it's so awesome he cannot even begin to tell you what it is. guys are doing backflips off of water coolers in the office because it's so amazing. don't ask any questions about what it is, because it's so confidential that nobody can know until you check out the feature reveal in two weeks.

Dude, I want some of that Kool-Aid you are selling.

Jb

Half Life 3 would sort of make sense, I guess. Valve doesn't have anything announced for this year and they must have been working on it since at least L4D2. And I just checked, Portal 2 was announced March 5th 2010.

Robot Pants

Half Life 3 would sort of make sense, I guess. Valve doesn't have anything announced for this year and they must have been working on it at least since L4D2. And I just checked, Portal 2 was announced March 5th 2010.

DOTA2?
I want it to be HL3 more than anything in the world, but it won't be.....it just won't be :(
I still say God of War 4.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Half Life 3 would sort of make sense, I guess. Valve doesn't have anything announced for this year and they must have been working on it since at least L4D2. And I just checked, Portal 2 was announced March 5th 2010.

Well, Episode Three was confirmed to be in development in mid-2006. Fast-forward to October 2008 and we have the last time Valve formally spoke of the project, which leads me to believe it evolved from an episodic expansion to a fully-fledged sequel at or around the same time. If the rumour regarding somebody recently recording voice acting for the game is to be believed, then it must be almost content complete.

Edit: That said, I don't think this tease pertains to Half-Life 3, or even a game.

squidyj

It's not a game, it's gonna be a tech demo, probably UE4 as has been mentioned, maybe something impressive on the Wii U hardware?

Dead Man

If you are going to tease like that, you need to give at least a date for when you will reveal, otherwise it is just Secret PS3 game again.

Top Bottom