• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurogamer editor is teasing a top, top secret "thing" (reveal)

He's got a point? What? He got shown something and told he can't talk about it yet. He didn't go find out information or come across some scandal.

It doesn't matter if you work for the BBC or Eurogamer, you don't fuck over your sources by releasing information they don't want you to.

You won't have any sources in the future.

Do you even know what you're arguing anymore?

MrCow

always the same... every month some website or other magazine claims to have the next top game exclusive info
and then the hype build and builds
and once they have released their info, it becomes clear that it was a game that no one cared about.

always the same.. don't get your hypes up!

Waaghals

Sony trot that one out frequently too.

TS4.

Yeah, I guess it could be used by anyone.

I'm betting on Halo 4. That game will be out this fall, and we haven't seen anything from it. Normally the halo games have a showing before E3.

Timesplitters 4 is a good one too, the game is British so that could explain why EG is so exited.

Edit: Oh, saw all the "banana" references, probably TS then.

GhaleonEB

Well, he said "thing" instead of "game", which has me thinking it's some kind of Unreal Engine 4 demo. Could be meaningless wording, though.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.

StuBurns

Banned
God of War 4 probably. 3 is still the best looking game on consoles, 4 is bound to be stunning in terms of the reveal/presentation, even if it's as ultimately middling as 3 was.

He's got a point? What? He got shown something and told he can't talk about it yet. He didn't go find out information or come across some scandal.

It doesn't matter if you work for the BBC or Eurogamer, you don't fuck over your sources by releasing information they don't want you to.

You won't have any sources in the future.

You just confused journalism with PR. If you work for Eurogamer and someone tells you that Square and Nintendo are about to announce Final Fantasy vs. Mario, "protecting your source" would be not revealing who told you, as opposed to not reporting the information.

Honestly, the Internet going crazy" + bananas makes me think officially licensed My Little Pony game. That would certainly be huge.

We'll all be disappointed though.

123rl

Left 4 Dead 3. Firstly because I'd love a proper sequel that fixes all the problems and secondly to really fuck off the fanboys who raged over L4D2

Top Bottom