• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurogamer: Lego City could blow the franchise wide open/save the WiiU [Dont port beg]

Cosmozone

Ads certainly have a specific time to market from the point where they've been commissioned. By how much is beyond me, though. I truly hope they're up to replacing those dubstep ones because they're horrible.

Is kotaku's review out already?

I salute you!

citizen-kane-clapping-gif.gif

Why do the robot dudes have a "review" that only consists of trailer footage? I call BS. (ALthough that score seems to be around where i would estimate it)

What they should have; readable instructions on how to build most if not all of the objects in the game, I want to build that T-Rex!

BTW, there are already tie-in books by Scholastic, I just looked at one yesterday at Chapters (in Canada), they have a few I think, the one I saw was about Chase being disguised as a cave man taking out some criminals trying to steal a diamond, one of whom was obsessed with food and not that bad sounding. :p

Was like 20 pages, it's for kids. :p

And yep, the Lego City DLC set is out for $40, Chapters actually had yesterday a 20% off deal on Lego, so the DLC set is like $32, would grab it, but I need to spend less at the moment. :(

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Oh, someone asked a few pages ago about any NFC stuff tied to LEGO. Rep didn't know of anything like that so I doubt there's any plans. He did mention the LEGO City line-up of actual LEGO though, so I think Australia is getting all of that.

Dragoshi1

Oh, someone asked a few pages ago about any NFC stuff tied to LEGO. Rep didn't know of anything like that so I doubt there's any plans. He did mention the LEGO City line-up of actual LEGO though, so I think Australia is getting all of that.

This is true, the bolded.

Was at the store and bought a new Lego City set featuring the main character of this game; Chase. The box mentions a code that can be entered in-game that unlocks the vehicles featured in the set, and some missions based on the set you bought.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
I just saw a commercial for this during Boy Meets World (MTV2). It was pretty similar to all the trailers they have shown so far, followed by the camera zooming out and showing a kid playing the game in those dub dub WiiU boxes. The commercial ended with the pulsating U and the case standing next to a WiiU.

Edit: oh wow the load times are pretty bad in those videos. :/

kinggroin

Banned
Well if they mandated all games have off tv play then they might as well have released the Wii U with the old remote for $200 and sold the gamepad as an add-on for $150 ...as there's no point in bundling it if it's not being used for dual screen gameplay.

:)

I actually suggested Nintendo do exactly that from the beginning. Mandate it but sell it separately. Sell the console for the same price but beef up the specs.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Ya'll seriously need to learn how to decipher between actual technical 1080p native resolution and "dis game runs at 1080p" PR junk. It's been happening for an entire generation already, and it's going to happen all over again.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
You better sit down. I... I'm getting this over Monster Hunter too.

Same here. Nothing against Mon Hun but I've already tried MH Tri and it didn't exactly hook me. There's so many games coming out this month, I've got to spend wisely. I will probably pick it up eventually, though.

This and Most Wanted will keep my Wii U busy late March.

Aw bugger, I'd forgotten about Most Wanted. Too many games to buy this month:

NFS Most Wanted
Lego City 3DS (the prequel to Undercover)
Lego City Undercover
Monster Hunter 3G Ultimate U
Monster Hunter 3G Ultimate 3DS
Luigi's Mansion 2 3DS
Castlevania 3DS

What with those above and the fact that I've recently discovered the best t-shirt site ever my credit card is going to take a real hammering lol.

TeeFury have a different t-shirt on sale every 24 hours and just about every one is based on pop culture so there's plenty of Supernatural, Dr Who, Star Wars, Nintendo, Sega and Firefly t-shirts. I bought this one the other day:

1359222226_top-error-song.jpg

Am pretty annoyed I didn't discover this months ago because I missed a Star Wars/Nintendo one with the Millenium Falcon flying out of a giant Piranha Plant's mouth called The Plumber Strikes Back lol. Best one I've seen so far. They only appear once for 24 hours and aren't repeated unfortunately :eek:(

Sorry to go off-topic, I kinda digressed there lol.

The thing about this game that instantly sold me was a trailer showing Dirty Harry and his coffee lol. Plus the size of the city is bloomin huuuuuuuge. Apparently it takes 10 minutes to drive a loop around the outskirts! :Oo

tajd

Banned
first real review game informer

Score was 8.5

"TT Fusion has absolutely nailed the best parts of sandbox games..."

"I love how easy it is to get around town, too; you scroll around the GamePad minimap
and tap your destination, which is then plotted on the TV via a line of ghostly Lego studs."

"This is one of the funnest games I've played in a while, and it provides anarchic thrills that
should keep kids busy for a long time."

- Jeff Cork of GameInformer

•Moderately high Replay Value

•Platforming is still a weak spot, but TT did a good job with the Gamepad

•A 70's cop show soundtrack is great for the first few hours, But your ears will go numb beyond that

•Great to see Lego characters in a realistic world, but there is some minor screen tearing

•An original Story based in the Lego universe.

•One of the funniest games (The reviewer) has played in a while and it provides anarchic that should keep kids busy for a long time

i already want a sequal

tajd

Banned
thanks. sounds like he gave it a lower score with respect to how much he enjoyed it though... is this common for him and/or game informer?

i got this from another site and comments there were surprised at the score they say that gameinformer are anti nintendo

Am pretty annoyed I didn't discover this months ago because I missed a Star Wars/Nintendo one with the Millenium Falcon flying out of a giant Piranha Plant's mouth called The Plumber Strikes Back lol. Best one I've seen so far. They only appear once for 24 hours and aren't repeated unfortunately :eek:(

But most of the artists sell the shirts afterward on Redbubble or their personal websites. For example...

You might also appreciate The Yetee. Shirt.Woot is amazing too, but they're more careful about what they parody when it comes to pop culture references.

CoolS

Nice score. GameInformer is a print magazine right? Any source?

The OT is done now btw, just need to wait till next week to post it now :)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the LEGO games run in 1080p/30fps on PS3?

Apparently ever since they updated the engine with Pirates of the carribean it only ran in 720p

daakusedo

Naruto gekitou ninja taisen serie which was for nintendo home consoles, seems lost since Tomy stopped with Naruto, and ninja storm while not even on wiiu wouldn't make up for it.
The best go first...

Effect

Hope this means more reviews are coming.

Really curious to see if Nintendo is in the credits. So we know if they funded this or not.

iammeiam

Screen tearing in the final version is extremely unfortunate; will wait for further reviews to see if we can get an idea of how minor it is. I really want to play this, but screen tearing drives me up a tree.

Katzii

I managed to pick up the Lego set with the DLC code for £2.50 (yay vouchers), so I'm good and ready for the end of March!

Top Bottom