• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurogamer: Lego City could blow the franchise wide open/save the WiiU [Dont port beg]

xk0sm0sx

Getting reminded of Simpson's Hit & Run, great fun in an open world

54283-the-simpsons-hit-run-windows-screenshot-the-simpsons-in-full.jpg

Save the Wii U? More like destroy Travelers Tales after this craters, if it really took them three years to develop.

:'(

It is a very sharp change in direction for TT. They've gone from releasing multiple licensed Lego games every year on every platform known to man, to putting all their eggs in Nintendo's basket with a single big exclusive title with no license (well outside of Lego) attached to it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Right, the same time with Nindendo going 3rd party, as they are paying for it.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/02/06/report-ninja-gaiden-3-razors-edge-coming-to-ps3-and-xbox/
It is a very sharp change in direction for TT. They've gone from releasing multiple licensed Lego games every year on every platform known to man, to putting all their eggs in Nintendo's basket with a single big exclusive title with no license (well outside of Lego) attached to it.

Um, they're still putting out two other games this year. Lego Legends of Chorra(?) and Lego Marvel Super Heroes(which will probably do great)

Yagharek

Well then, I never really noticed that. To me it just seemed to be the typical "I'll take anything, just to have something to play on my new console" thing. No offense given.

No offense taken. It's just something I thought might be helpful to know for context.

Which part, the part where Nintendo paid for and published Razor's Edge or the part where Lego will be fine if this bombs because they have multiple titles coming out every year?

Nintendo didn't pay for Razor's Edge. They apparently helped out will development. Nintendo is fully paying for this game so it's not going to show up on other platforms. On the other hand, I don't think a lego game is going to save Wii U although this game does sound pretty interesting.

DrWong

Console kidz warriorz need to take a break. C'mon people, let those who're hyping a game with positive previews enjoy their (our) thread. Aggressive reactions come after aggresives actions.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Which part, the part where Nintendo paid for and published Razor's Edge or the part where Lego will be fine if this bombs because they have multiple titles coming out every year?

I don't understand. Do you hate the Wii U so much to not admit that it could have a third party exclusive game coming out?
Every game is a per se story. We don't know the details of deals. NG3 was not a N exclusives, they dealed on it distributing it in the West to have it as a temporary exclusive, while it seems that they are involved also in the publishing of Lego.
It's not that due to NG3 coming also to other platforms now on EVERY game cannot stand as Wii U exclusive (with also a 3DS episode coming out, always published by Nintendo)
I don't understand all this "will be out for PS360 in few months" meme at all...

Santar

Another one of these threads, do people really think one game is gonna "save the wii u"?
And I'm not entirely sure it'll remain wii u exclusive as according to the article Travelers Tales were already at work on the game even before nintendo entered the picture.

I hope the game turns out good of course, already preordered.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't understand. Do you hate the Wii U so much to not admit that it could have a third party exclusive game coming out?
Every game is a per se story. We don't know the details of deals. NG3 was not a N exclusives, they dealed on it distributing it in the West to have it as a temporary exclusive, while it seems that they are involved also in the publishing of Lego.
It's not that due to NG3 coming also to other platforms now on EVERY game cannot stand as Wii U exclusive (with also a 3DS episode coming out, always published by Nintendo)
I don't understand all this "will be out for PS360 in few months" meme at all...

Because this is literally the only third party WiiU exclusive that's coming out right now? And where do you get that I hate the WiiU? Just because I think something bad can happen to it?

Just let them be. It's basically port begging anyway, which itself is a bannable offense.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
No, it's clearly not that and you would knew if you understood what I wrote. The past LEGO games were fun - 15€ from the bargain bin fun, but nothing people would preorder and go full retail price. It seems to be the case here. That's what is confusing and surprising to me at the same time.

Well then, I never really noticed that. To me it just seemed to be the typical "I'll take anything, just to have something to play on my new console" thing. No offense given.

I did not buy the other Lego games, but this one looks to be fun to play. Actually is not the only game coming in March and I have to decide between this, NFSMW U and MH3 U next month. After playing the demo I think I will get MH3 later and buy the other two at launch, I like them more (gameplay and graphical improvements).

waypoetic

Banned
Just let them be. It's basically port begging anyway, which itself is a bannable offense.
How is it port begging? People aren't begging or asking for it to release on other systems.

EDIT: I think "it'll come to other systems" is something alot of us are thinking because of the tiny, tiny support the Wii U is getting - abd that thing with Rayman : Legends going multiplat.

I could've done without the 'might save Wii U' part. Makes sense for Eurogamer to attract hits but will just lead to system wars around here.

Anyway sounds great. Really liking the humour so far.

Really? My mom? Be glad that you're not in front of me, instead of being on the internet and saying shit like that.
Bad-ass.

EDIT: I think "it'll come to other systems" is something alot of us are thinking because of the tiny, tiny support the Wii U is getting - abd that thing with Rayman : Legends going multiplat.

It was pathetic how people immediately ran to Kamiya for Bayonetta the moment Rayman was delayed. At least on NeoGAF, I thought one would be able to see the difference between the situations, lol. Everyone with minor knowledge about Rayman knew that this was never going to stay exclusive, people were only pissed at the delay.

Not sure what's up with Lego since I'm not that interested, but Nintendo seem to be more involved than Ninja Gaiden which wasn't even published by Nintendo in all territories.

KAL2006

Banned
How much does this game utilise the Gamepad, if this gets ported to PS3 at a later stage I may pick it up for my nephew.

Somnid

Because this is literally the only third party WiiU exclusive that's coming out right now? And where do you get that I hate the WiiU? Just because I think something bad can happen to it?

A word of caution about terms. PS3 and 360 have third party games, neither has much in the way of third party exclusives.

DaBoss

Game sounds like it is going to be fun. I had high hopes for this game since it was first revealed, I hope it gets good reviews and sales. Will pick it up later when I get a Wii U.

How much does this game utilise the Gamepad, if this gets ported to PS3 at a later stage I may pick it up for my nephew.

No offense, the bolded applies to any game, but it's annoying as hell. As for your question I'm not entirely sure.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd

My favourite parts:

- you have to search for a clown in hiding. To do this, you use Chase’s scanner ability, in which you scan the environment for the escapee ala ZombiU, moving the GamePad around to find him

- it also acts as a GPS, taking clutter off of the TV screen, and a communicator, with contacts appearing on the GamePad’s screen, and their side of the phone call coming through the GamePad’s speaker

StuBurns

Banned
No offense, the bolded applies to any game, but it's annoying as hell. As for your question I'm not entirely sure.
He might buy any game for his nephew? I doubt it.

People complaining about console war talk in this thread should blame the OP for an inflammatory title, or arguably Eurogamer I guess.

Top Bottom