• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Eurogamer] Rumors about the Nintendo Revolution, F-Zero GX2, GBA Halo, more. . .

Justin Bailey

------ ------
Edit: For those just joining us, this is most likely garbage that someone made up on a message board. I haven't even found evidence that a magazine called Eurogamer even exists. I'll leave it here anyway just for amusement.

I have no idea if these are real or not, it's from some dude at GameFAQS (rudyangulo), maybe someone here can verify? He said it was in the newest issue of the magazine.

Another month, another batch of rumors. This month's catch is particularly spicy, it seems more information comes out after every E3, and this year is no exeption. Our informants have been very good to us this month, and we have exclusive details about Nintendo's upcoming game machine. Here goes:

OUR NINTENDO INSIDER SAYS: "The concept phase for the NR is basically over. We know more or less what we are going for. At this point, I can say it's all wireless, has capacity for more than 4 controllers, and it will not use disk media. Want more? Too bad sucka'. That's all I got."

Not enough? Not for us either, so we managed to contact him via AIM and get some more details

Eurogamer: First off, it won't use disk media?

Nintendo: No, at least, not at this point. We are heavily considering a new kind of flash media that could prove much more effective. Although costs are relatively high now, we expect them to go down soon.

Eurogamer: Any hints as to what it will look like?

Nintendo: Imagine a cross between an NES, a GBASP, and an XBOX. It's somewhere along those lines. Bigger than GC, rectangular, and black, white, grey, and red.

Eurogamer: Last question, before we put you in jail. Any games in development yet.

Nintendo: I'm not part of the game dev. But I have been hearing some rumbling about a new series called "Haunter". You guess what it is, because I have no idea, other than it uses some fancy effects.

That was spicy wasn't it? This is coming from the guy that said something "Megaton/Zelda" was coming this E3. So he's a sure shot when it comes to trust.

More Rumors:

Bungie Insider: Halo for the GBA is not happening, at Bungie. But we are selling the rights to a developer to make the GBA version.

Sega Insider: F-Zero GX2 is ready for it's debut, look for screens in the coming month. New features will indlude bigger tracks, WAY more cars, and new "sidecars". Trust me, it's cooler than it sounds.

Random Madness!!!

-Halo 2 for PC is still under development at Bungie. But it won't be announced until after Halo 2 for XBOX is out. But it's release will be holiday 2004.

-EA will publish the Desert Combat Retail mod. It will sell for $30, and will feature new models, weapons, and levels.

-Ready for Unreal 3? Well, turns out the engine won't even be used for that game first. A new game codenamed "Earth Seige" is under development by a new studio called "Death inc."

Justin Bailey

------ ------
Wario64 said:
Dammit, I was excited until you mentioned Gamefaqs

Yeah, I'm kinda hoping someone here has the issue and can at least verify that they are in there. He said it was the newest issue.

AniHawk

Bigger than GC, rectangular, and black, white, grey, and red.

dreamcast-console.jpg

Chopin Trusty Balls

First casualty in the war on idioticy.
Halo 2 PC is bullshit and i havent heard of a developer called Death Inc,its just that Epic said there is another game based on Unreal 3 engine with aliens in it,the guy made the rest up.

Justin Bailey

------ ------
CrimsonSkies said:
"OUR NINTENDO INSIDER SAYS"

When websites claim this you can smell the BS. The article went downhill after that.

Well, it's supposedly from a magazine called Eurogamer. I'm in the US, so I don't know anything about it. Does anyone here have a subscription? Does the magazine even exist?

SFA_AOK

"Nintendo: Imagine a cross between an NES, a GBASP, and an XBOX. It's somewhere along those lines. Bigger than GC, rectangular, and black, white, grey, and red."

With fluroscent green go-faster stripes, bumper stickers. And a chrome finish. And a bunch of exclamation marks!

Chittagong

Gold Member
Justin Bailey said:
Well, it's supposedly from a magazine called Eurogamer. I'm in the US, so I don't know anything about it. Does anyone here have a subscription? Does the magazine even exist?

Eurogamer.net is the only one I know, not a magazine but a website, and I've very rarely, if ever, seen them post bullshit. I'd be surprised to see this "article" there.

They said already that it was backwards compatible... so i doubt the flash shit will happen.. Sticking to something allowing less memory capacity than the god's... that would be suicide.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Has anyone created a snopes like website for gaming rumours yet? should happen.

Justin Bailey

------ ------
xsarien said:
it's from some dude at GameFAQS

You should know better.

Well, my intent was to get someone here to read the mag and see if it matches up, but then I find out that the friggin' mag doesn't even exist :lol

I got punk'd.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
this is just speculation that will make people go OMG NINTENDOS GOING BACK TO CARTS DOOMEDEED

yeh i definitly dont buy into this at all though it would be nice to see a completely wireless system with more than 4 controler ports or what-have-you....

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
john tv said:
$10 says said 'Nintendo Insider' hasn't reached puberty yet.
Hasn't reached puberty or isn't a mature person. ;)

EDIT: while this insider is BS, I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo had built in wireless receivers for controllers (with possibilities of more than four)

I bet that is how DS/possibleGBA2 will connect with the system as well. They have done a lot with battery life in wavebird, now imagine that as a rechargable and using some sort of bluetooth instead of RF.

Top Bottom