• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europa Universalis IV MP Community Thread of don't trust anyone

Who will win the next game?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
you should probably have used your claim on my province instead of heroically defending an AI, Uzzy. But well played! Prussian troops should be banned from the game

I'm proud of my infantry combat ability and morale but this felt like running repeatedly into a brick wall.
LIKE 7.2 MORALE, COME ON HAHA.

hehe, well played though Uzzy manage to kill of our troops and hold us off for way too long.

Uzzy

I'm proud of my infantry combat ability and morale but this felt like running repeatedly into a brick wall.
LIKE 7.2 MORALE, COME ON HAHA.

hehe, well played though Uzzy manage to kill of our troops and hold us off for way too long.

And that isn't even Prussia's final form. The Quality/Offensive/Innovative ideas add the final touches.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Mamluks AAR:

Let me begin by declaring I'm stupefied by the insane diplomatic multitasking by our peaceful Italian. I wondered what the fuck was going on when Uzzmark das Große declared a huge ass coalition war against Italy, only to white peace one month after, and find himself at war with Italy once again a couple of months after that. 5/5 diplo rating.

As for the Mamluks, we are once again in the process of annexing a couple of vassals, so that slows down thing on the other fronts. I did another 100OverExt Indian War, and then found out it was time to make a path of glory to our trade partners in Crimea. Japan was eager to join, having himself an interest of ridding the continent of his rivals, the Swedes.

Our eyes and ears in Europe told us that Uzzmark das Blottürstiges had evil plans of revenge against the harmless trade nation of the Levant. I didn't think he would be mad enough to actually declare, but then I noticed Uzzmark had already fabricated a claim on Bessarabia. Since trade nations best stick together, I figured the future of the Mamluks would looks much brighter with a peaceful Italian trade nation as our neighbor, than the militaristic and imperialistic Prussia. Our excellent diplomats quickly secured an alliance.

We then gave Uzzmark a fair warning of our intention to attack the Swedes and Lithuanians, and kindly asked him to break of alliance, which Uzzmark stubbornly refused. So then all hell broke lose, having to fight Prussian devil troops with over 7 morale, having to consistently outnumber him 50% to win battles. It was a tough war, not least for our Japanese brethren, so once we got to ~70 Warscore, we decided to peace out with the King of Sweden, taking only one symbolic province for ourself (it was the war target after all..), four Swedish provinces to our suffering Japanese friends, and two Hungarian provinces to the Italian brothers. Myself, I ended the war in good condition, well over 100K manpower left (of a total of well over 200K - so there was indeed some casualties to those Prussian monster troops).

Uzzy

why innovative?

Innovative itself isn't too useful. It used to be when it had Knowledge Transfer, so you could stay at 100 Army Tradition for the entire game. Now it's best for Optimism, which when combined with DOTF really helps keep war exhaustion down during long wars, and the free extra leader, which means you can have another godking leader for free.

Where Innovative really shines is in it's policies. With Offensive, you can get a +10% to siege ability, and a +1 to leader siege. With Defensive, you get a -10% to fort maintenance and a +10% to fort defence. But the number one policy is when you combine it with Quality, which gives you an amazing +20% to Infantry Combat Ability. Which would put my Prussians up to 150% Infantry Combat Ability.

Also, I should have crushed Morfeo with that coalition. At least it'll come back in 1712.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Quality policies are OP in general. When I finish Quality, I get +5% discipline combined with Economics, and +1 leader fire combined with Expansion.

Uzzy

Quality policies are OP in general. When I finish Quality, I get +5% discipline combined with Economics, and +1 leader fire combined with Expansion.

Also with Quality/Religious, you get a nice +10% to morale and a +2.5% to discipline.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
So before we end the session tomorrow, I've been thinking about player ratings for this round.

My suggestions are as follows:

To give ratings after session end:
Roboleon
Morfeo
Spirited
Uzzy
MGO
Red Arremer

To be rated:
Roboleon
Morfeo
Spirited
Uzzy
MGO
Red Arremer
KingSnake
Fanboi
Stefan
FACE

Feedback and suggestions are welcomed! Kab has observed quite a few sessions, and thus gotten a close look to how (well/shitty) people play. I personally wouldn't mind him being able to rate players as well. It's up to him and the rest of you guys.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Feedback and suggestions are welcomed! Kab has observed quite a few sessions, and thus gotten a close look to how (well/shitty) people play. I personally wouldn't mind him being able to rate players as well. It's up to him and the rest of you guys.

I think Kab has seen enough to be able to do ratings if he feels like it.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
epic finale server id: 90098580696707075

Uzzy

Prussia AAR:

nWzt6cd.jpg

GG. Gonna play some Street Fighter. At least there I'm only destroyed 1v1.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
1708-1726 - The End

End Stats:

2. Japan (Spirited) - 5876 (2nd)
3. Portugal (Stefan) - 5840 (3rd)
4. Dai Viet (MGO) - 4742 (5th)
5. Italy (Morfeo) - 4362 (6th)
6. Prussia (Uzzy) - 1691 (11th)

Armies:
1. Arabia (Roboleon) - 303K (471fl) (1st)
2. Dai Viet (MGO) - 266K (401fl) (2nd)
3. Japan (Spirited) - 244K (254 fl) (3rd)
4. Italy (Morfeo) - 189K (299fl) (4th)
5. Portugal (Stefan) - 68K (61fl) (7th)
6. Prussia (Uzzy) - 36K (73fl) (15th)

Max manpower:
1. Arabia (Roboleon) - 288K
2. Dai Viet (MGO) - 264K
3. Italy (Morfeo) - 253K
4. Japan (Spirited) - 214K
5. Prussia (Uzzy) - 51K
6. Portugal (Stefan) - 49K

Navies:
1. Arabia (Roboleon) - 194 (173fl) (1st)
2. Portugal (Stefan) - 185 (188fl) (2nd)
3. Italy (Morfeo) - 146 (152fl) (3rd)
4. Dai Viet (MGO) - 145 (249fl) (4th)
5. Japan (Spirited) - 107 (151fl) (6th)
6. Prussia (Uzzy) - 14 (15fl) (low)

Income:
1. Dai Viet (MGO) - 366
2. Arabia (Roboleon) - 313
3. Japan (Spirited) - 222
4. Italy (Morfeo) - 208
5. Portugal (Stefan) - 158
6. Prussia (Uzzy) - 45

Development:
1. Arabia (Roboleon) - 2722
2. Japan (Spirited) - 2403
3. Dai Viet (MGO) - 2336
4. Italy (Morfeo) - 1661
5. Portugal (Stefan) - 539
6. Prussia (Uzzy) - 608

Tech/Ideas:
1. Dai Viet (MGO) - 25/25/25 (Ideas: 40)
2. Portugal (Stefan) - 25/25/25 (Ideas: 42)
3. Italy (Morfeo) - 24/21/24 (Ideas: 35)
4. Prussia (Uzzy) - 21/23/25 (Ideas: 32)
5. Arabia (Roboleon) - 21/20/26 (Ideas: 35)
6. Japan (Spirited) - 20/24/25 (Ideas: 26)

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
End Stats:

2. Japan (Spirited) - 5876 (2nd)
3. Portugal (Stefan) - 5840 (3rd)
4. Dai Viet (MGO) - 4742 (5th)
5. Italy (Morfeo) - 4362 (6th)
6. Prussia (Uzzy) - 1691 (11th)

Armies:
1. Arabia (Roboleon) - 303K (471fl) (1st)
2. Dai Viet (MGO) - 266K (401fl) (2nd)
3. Japan (Spirited) - 244K (254 fl) (3rd)
4. Italy (Morfeo) - 189K (299fl) (4th)
5. Portugal (Stefan) - 68K (61fl) (7th)
6. Prussia (Uzzy) - 36K (73fl) (15th)

Max manpower:
1. Arabia (Roboleon) - 288K
2. Dai Viet (MGO) - 264K
3. Italy (Morfeo) - 253K
4. Japan (Spirited) - 214K
5. Prussia (Uzzy) - 51K
6. Portugal (Stefan) - 49K

Navies:
1. Arabia (Roboleon) - 194 (173fl) (1st)
2. Portugal (Stefan) - 185 (188fl) (2nd)
3. Italy (Morfeo) - 146 (152fl) (3rd)
4. Dai Viet (MGO) - 145 (249fl) (4th)
5. Japan (Spirited) - 107 (151fl) (6th)
6. Prussia (Uzzy) - 14 (15fl) (low)

Income:
1. Dai Viet (MGO) - 366
2. Arabia (Roboleon) - 313
3. Japan (Spirited) - 222
4. Italy (Morfeo) - 208
5. Portugal (Stefan) - 158
6. Prussia (Uzzy) - 45

Development:
1. Arabia (Roboleon) - 2722
2. Japan (Spirited) - 2403
3. Dai Viet (MGO) - 2336
4. Italy (Morfeo) - 1661
5. Portugal (Stefan) - 539
6. Prussia (Uzzy) - 608

These stats pretty much show how you all picked quentity.

Also am I supposed to send my ratings to Kabouter?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Is that central green Arabia? Don't think I've seen that in game yet.

Indeed!

Yes. Everyone please send your ratings to Kab!

To give ratings after session end:
Roboleon
Morfeo
Spirited
Uzzy
MGO
Red Arremer

To be rated:
Roboleon
Morfeo
Spirited
Uzzy
MGO
Red Arremer
KingSnake
Fanboi
Stefan
FACE

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Italian AAR: The Empire of Eternal Peace™

We started the session by demanding of the Austrians that they should return the land that rightfully belonged to our vassals in Styria, as this would finally link our Balkan and Italian possessions. When they refused, it sparked what we was anticipating to be another quick and easy war - until the mad Emperor in Berlin entered it in delusion.

Prussia once again fought hard, but was no match for the numbers of the Italian-Mamelukian Defensive Intervention, and was eventually trapped in western Germany with nowhere to run and bankrupt moral, thus forcing Uzzy to finally give up his great nation on the last evening of the game. Salute to you Uzzy, you cared just a bit too much about your allies and imperial minors unfortunately.

In the peace, we secured the rest of Transylvania for our Hungarian subjects, and also Krakow, Ratibor and one more province in the north to connect it all - while the Mamelukes goot Moldova and territories to the east. Our eastern borders should finally be able to revel in the Glorious Peace we so have been craving, and of course, Austria gave up their baden fortress, as well as handing over to our friends and subjects the styrians, the Adriatic port of Trieste, to finally unite our lands, and also the Slovenian and Carinthian lands, as well as the Steiermarks and Linz. The last one was unfortunately returned by our ungrateful subjects, but at least a true European peace was within reach, now that all the aggressors had crashed out.

Unfortunately, that was not to be, as Prussia stubbornly, decided to intervene in another defensive effort just a few months later, when we decided it was time to act before the growing coalition got out of hand. This meant going into Trier to the north, and also taking on quite a few of their allies, including again, Austria. This was another easy war for us, which resulted in the strengthening of our northern borders with the inclusion of Bar and Elsass, control over Wien, another province to Hungary, and the creation of an Italian-led Polish client state east in Galicija.

And this time, it would indeed mean that peace would come to Europe, as there was no longer an aggressive and powerful emperor to bully the people of Europe. Instead they all accepted the reign of Morfeos Italian Empire of the Eternal Peace™ - Chuck Norris-style.

Provinces gained: Wien, Bar, Elsass Sundgau
Provinces gained for vassals: Hunyad, Maramaros, Ratibor, Krakow, Nowy Sacs, Premyshl (for Hungary), Krain, Istria, Steiermark, Graz, Görz (for Styria).
Vassals gained: Poland
Vassals integrated: Aragon

All in all, a decent session for me where I struggled with coalitions and bad knowledge of game mechanics for most of the game, but finally made some progress near the end. Looking forward to my score tanking and playing France next time!

Uzzy

If 100k can't solve a problem, then 300k certainly can. That's pretty much the main reason to take Quantity in every MP game ever. Depressing really.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
If 100k can't solve a problem, then 300k certainly can. That's pretty much the main reason to take Quantity in every MP game ever. Depressing really.

I was told by my friend (He's better than me and will join a later game when his acc is accepted) that I shouldn't pick quantity as he thinks stacking discipline, morale and combat ability instead is much better lol.

He probably is wrong in bigger multiplayer games, but in our he always got big enough for manpower and forcelimit modifier to not really matter.

Kabouter

I was told by my friend (He's better than me and will join a later game when his acc is accepted) that I shouldn't pick quantity as he thinks stacking discipline, morale and combat ability instead is much better lol.

He probably is wrong in bigger multiplayer games, but in our he always got big enough for manpower and forcelimit modifier to not really matter.

He's probably right tbh, them Mamluk space marines.

Uzzy

He's wrong. Basically, unless you're already massive and can easily outnumber any foe, Quantity trumps every other mil idea every time. To quote DDRJake, there is no problem in Europa that can't be solved by throwing more warm bodies at it.

You saw that in the war we fought. My army may have been superior enough to win any equal engagement, but it didn't matter. We barely ever fought on equal terms, and while my 100k of troops was being engaged by 200k of your alliance, another 200k of your lot could stand around recovering and sieging etc. I could win battles, but not the war.

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
You can get away without taking quantity in multiplayer (if your income is high enough you can make up a lot of that through buildings), but 51k manpower is way too low in any context.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
He's probably right tbh, them Mamluk space marines.

Hehe, 130% discipline ftw

I think your friend, Spirited, is right about discipline and maybe combat ability, morale is not that important though imo. I would certainly go for discipline and manpower over morale at least :p

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Hehe, 130% discipline ftw

I think your friend is right about discipline and maybe combat ability, morale is not that important though imo. I would certainly go for discipline and manpower over morale at least :p

I almost always choose to start with defensive as my first military idea as the morale is invaluable to most countries early in the game.
Later I used to go quantity followed by quality and/or offensive.
As both quality and offensive gives you the discipline you most oftenly need to stay competetive in the late-game, also getting good generals with offensive and quality is pretty good if you're one of the countries not blessed with wonderful military NIs

Mgoblue201

Quantity can also bail you out of really stupid wars...for instance, you're fighting most of India and you blow through almost 200k manpower because of dumb mistakes.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I mistakingly ranked MGO as 5 and Fanboi as 1 as It hoguht the ranking was the other way around, most skilled highest number and down.

Could Kab just flip my points over so it makes sense.

Morfeo

I mistakingly ranked MGO as 5 and Fanboi as 1 as It hoguht the ranking was the other way around, most skilled highest number and down.

Could Kab just flip my points over so it makes sense.

I think this is the correct way of doing it. Also correct to have MGO as 5 and Fanboi as 1 :)

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
So I was right from the beginning.
Just got confused when looking at the google doc and fanboi and FACE having 4.8 or something.

Morfeo

5 is MGO-level, 4 is Red Arremer-level, 3 is Uzzy-level, 2 is Morfeo-level, 1 is Kingsnake-level.

Uzzy

Oh come off it lol

Scale is basically: 5 is incredibly good, 4 is much better than AI, 3 better than AI, 2 same as AI, 1 worse than AI

That's right, the AI knows that taking multiple HRE provinces without claims in one war tends to lead to a bit of upset in Europe.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
added a little more to the end game stat post!

I almost always choose to start with defensive as my first military idea as the morale is invaluable to most countries early in the game.
Later I used to go quantity followed by quality and/or offensive.
As both quality and offensive gives you the discipline you most oftenly need to stay competetive in the late-game, also getting good generals with offensive and quality is pretty good if you're one of the countries not blessed with wonderful military NIs

This game I went Quantity->Offensive->Quality

Went with quantity as first idea group, mostly because I was afraid of facing Ottomans alone early on. Off all the idea groups I picked, I don't think I really need Quantity. I would probably have been much better off in the middle/late game with Admin ideas.. Army/MP was never a hindrance for anything. Coring cost and a general lack of admin points was, on the other hand, a consistent party pooper for Arab world domination.

If the game would have turned out more PvPish, it would of course have been a bit different.

Uzzy

Probably not, no, don't think the same stuff applies to them to that degree. But I'll defer to crab on that one :p

Good to hear. If anything, I definitely think that Lithuania is weak and underpowered. Everyone should give them a nice low rating like 2.0, so the higher ranked players can play them. It'll be a real challenge to take such a weak nation to glory!

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Good to hear. If anything, I definitely think that Lithuania is weak and underpowered. Everyone should give them a nice low rating like 2.0, so the higher ranked players can play them. It'll be a real challenge to take such a weak nation to glory!

Yeah the religious unity really makes the country must play if you want a challenge.
I'll surely pick it.

Mgoblue201

A strange thing happened to me in my Novgorod single player campaign. In the three restarts it required to get things right, Poland refused the Lithuanian union in two of them, including the one that finally succeeded. I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing. Sweden and Lithuania have me surrounded, and although Sweden is friendly, I can imagine things going sour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom