• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

European console installed base revealed (as of Dec 2010)

Mrbob

The numbers are interesting in a way. The PS3 is in 3rd place in the USA, yet it has sold 16 million units. The PS3 is in 2nd place in Europe yet at 14.7 million. Yet the PS3 is seen as doing worse in the USA than in Europe.

ITT

1:

MS - only 1 million difference? Not impressive
Sony - late start and price point
MS - Sony were market leader by miles last gen tho

2:

MS - only 1 million difference? Not impressive
Sony - Mainland Europe > UK
MS - UK is second biggest market in the world (The UK is 27% of the total market value of the 9 biggest EU console markets.), Spain not so much.

amirite?

The Sony dogpiling in this thread is hilarious.

I love it how everybody just completely ignores Nintendo.

Europe is PC Nation with Nintendo platforms at a distant second. Sony and Microsoft consoles are barely a whisper.

I can't believe neither the PS3 nor 360 has surpassed the PSP yet in Europe.

I can't believe we've had lengthy discussions in NPD threads over a 1 million unit difference for second and third place in Europe.

Sony and MS need to look long and hard at what they did wrong this generation in the different PAL regions.

GarthVaderUK said:
Found this old chart with some last gen Europe numbers floating around on my hard drive (probably got it here, sorry to whoever made it for not remembering!), interesting to see how things have changed this gen:

otkobr.jpg

It seems that this generation, the home console market grew in the US, stagnated/shuffled in Europe, and shrunk in Japan.

Clott

I think the general ignoring of the WII numbers in this thread stems from the thought that it's so far ahead of the others that it's no point to compare. It's not like Microsoft or Sony are going to catch up, but don't feel bad for them, you can't forget that Nintendo has only one stream of revenue and that's from video games and sony + micro dabble in many many fields.

Top Bottom