• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

European Nintendo Direct for 3DS on Thursday 7pm BST

Qurupeke

dr_kawashimas_devilish_brain_training_oflc.png

Here's the first announcement of tomorrow I guess

:/

At least, I want some eShop titles. It's realistic to want Denpa Men or HarmoKnight, right?

:/

At least, I want some eShop titles. It's realistic to want Denpa Men or HarmoKnight, right?

I thought it'd be realistic to get Animal Crossing in 2012. Always assume the worst/most stupid. In this case, Paper Mario release date and making a huge fuss over a title Japan got nearly 2 years ago (Prof. Layton)

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Eh, there's always Virtue's Last Reward, Epic Mickey and I guess Devil Survivor Overclocked.

Not the biggest names, but good quality games. Well, I hope Epic Mickey turns out well.

I was talking more of Nintendo published stuff. All they have announced for between now and Christmas is Layton at the moment.

Chrom

Wait, Intelligent Systems is involved with the new 3DS Brain Age?

Looking forward to today's Nintendo Direct. I really want to see some English footage of Fire Emblem: Awakening already.

topplehat

Imagine...

-GBA/SNES VC Titles
-New eShop Releases
-Bravely Default release date

Nintendo could really knock this out of the park if they actually tried.

BowieZ

Banned
might set an alarm for 4am for this, although surely it's just about Animal Crossing and NSMB2 bundles, paper mario info, and some other crap we already kinda know about

D-e-f-

Banned
might set an alarm for 4am for this, although surely it's just about Animal Crossing and NSMB2 bundles, paper mario info, and some other crap we already kinda know about

Like retail downloads of older first party games (see: Japanese ND from a few days ago)

They're gonna pimp the holiday lineup and show some more Animal Crossing or Fire Emblem.

I'd really love them to announce Project X Zone coming over, though...

Like retail downloads of older first party games (see: Japanese ND from a few days ago)

They're gonna pimp the holiday lineup and show some more Animal Crossing or Fire Emblem.

I'd really love them to announce Project X Zone coming over, though...

I don't really see the point when we likely won't get those games until well into 2013.

Lusankya

Smt 4, Layton vs phoenix, Layton new and new phonenix wright.
Announce them or region lock removed Nintendo

Well, Ace Attorney 5 is already confirmed to have a US and EU release. There is no question that we will see Layton 6 in the West as well and because of this it's also very likely that PLvAA gets a translation.

Imagine...

-GBA/SNES VC Titles
-New eShop Releases
-Bravely Default release date

Nintendo could really knock this out of the park if they actually tried.

Digital releases for older retail titles instead of VC and a date for Paper Mario instead of Bravely Default.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Nintendo Australia sent out an email about this, so we should be getting local dates too.

End of the year is looking pretty grim. I think Paper Mario is the only game coming out that I want :(.

D-e-f-

Banned
I don't really see the point when we likely won't get those games until well into 2013.

What else is there, though? Fire Emblem might come as early as January, we need to know if Paper Mario still makes it out this year in Europe and what we can expect from Animal Crossing. They could also talk about Luigi's Mansion again. There will definitely be talk about Epic Mickey 3DS. Maybe some of the color variations from Japan for the XL.

They won't be dropping random bombs out of nowhere without a Japanese ND to go along with that.

That long-rumored GBA stuff for eShop is something they'll bring next year, in my opinion. It will definitely come, it's just a question of when.

Pleasant surprised would be western confirmations of some of the interesting Japan-only games.

What else is there, though? Fire Emblem might come as early as January, we need to know if Paper Mario still makes it out this year in Europe and what we can expect from Animal Crossing. They could also talk about Luigi's Mansion again. There will definitely be talk about Epic Mickey 3DS. Maybe some of the color variations from Japan for the XL.

They won't be dropping random bombs out of nowhere without a Japanese ND to go along with that.

That long-rumored GBA stuff for eShop is something they'll bring next year, in my opinion. It will definitely come, it's just a question of when.

Pleasant surprised would be western confirmations of some of the interesting Japan-only games.

Let's face it, when has a wealth of content been a problem with Nintendo Direct? They'll spend half an hour talking about the WiiU port of Epic Mickey 2. We will all cry. Paper Mario will be hailed as the second coming. We'll cry some more.

We'll never get Harmo Knight, Bravely Default.

I also don't class poorly decorated 3DS's as news.

D-e-f-

Banned
Let's face it, when has a wealth of content been a problem with Nintendo Direct? They'll spend half an hour talking about the WiiU port of Epic Mickey 2. We will all cry. Paper Mario will be hailed as the second coming. We'll cry some more.

We'll never get Harmo Knight, Bravely Default.

I also don't class poorly decorated 3DS's as news.

Why would they be talking about a Wii U game in a 3DS ND though?

Phazon

Nintendo Australia sent out an email about this, so we should be getting local dates too.

End of the year is looking pretty grim. I think Paper Mario is the only game coming out that I want :(.

Same here, let's hope they'll have a few interesting digital localisations.

Chrom

English footage of Fire Emblem is long overdue, so that's why I'm thinking it's very likely it'll show up in this Nintendo Direct.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
English footage of Fire Emblem is long overdue, so that's why I'm thinking it's very likely it'll show up in this Nintendo Direct.

I believe that game is too far out for what they usually show at these Nintendo Directs, but you never know.... though I personally would expect the first footage for that around the December Nintendo Direct.

D-e-f-

Banned
I believe that game is too far out for what they usually show at these Nintendo Directs, but you never know.... though I personally would expect the first footage for that around the December Nintendo Direct.

There were rumblings of a January release for FE. I think it's likely. The game has been out for ages, they should be far along in the localization process.

AS someone who hasn't upgraded to the 3DS XL (but wants to), I would be happy to see if Nintendo will come out with more colors outside of Japan this year. The US colors are fine and I'll settle for them if I have to, but I would love a few more to choose from.

Skiesofwonder

There were rumblings of a January release for FE. I think it's likely. The game has been out for ages, they should be far along in the localization process.

I can't remember a time where Nintendo released a game in January (in America or Europe). February or March seems much more likely.

Edit:

Endless Ocean and Days or Ruin were released at the end of January 2008.

Mario Sports Mix was released at the end of January 2011 (in EU)

Otherwise it is a very rare case.

MNC

Please have some good stuff. Please have Paper Mario. I've hyped myself for Paper Mario BECAUSE MY 3DS NEEDS MORE GAMES I WANT.

Chrom

I personally don't think either America or Europe will have a Nintendo Direct in December, unless it's some kind of special Nintendo Direct. They've always had these normal ones every four months and they're both expecting one this month, so it wouldn't be until February that they'd host another one again. Japan's the only one that has them every two months.

Skiesofwonder

I personally don't think either America or Europe will have a Nintendo Direct in December, unless it's some kind of special Nintendo Direct. They've always had these normal ones every four months and they're both expecting one this month, so it wouldn't be until February that they'd host another one again. Japan's the only one that has them every two months.

Last time I checked NOA isn't even having one this time. Both NOA and NOE are pretty sporadic with these things compared to NOJ which is always every two months. Not to mention this isn't even when the regular directs are scheduled to take place, that usually happens at the END of the month.

One way or another it doesn't seem likely for a Direct (right before the holiday season) to put a focus on a game coming next year. I would love to be wrong though.

MNC

This can't be a Direct Mini with all them different languages and whatnot, and a personal Satoru message!

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
This can't be a Direct Mini with all them different languages and whatnot, and a personal Satoru message!

And in fact, looking at Stream channel, they corrected it. Yesterday there was the NDMini; now there's the ND classic logo.

mclem

Well, up and ready. The first ND I've seen live for a while, I think. Possibly the first EU ND I've seen live at all, thinking about it.

Top Bottom