• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Even with the EGS exclusivity, Borderlands 3 seems to be 2K`s highest selling PC game on PC.

lol, demands proof of thing -> says thing doesn't matter, gg booh
I think you preemted that one buddy, your mind is clearly made up so why would anyone respond to your impotent demands
you're coming across really schizo, you went from demanding sales, to saying the topic, PC, doesn't matter because consoles sales, to saying bad sales overall don't count because blank
and you're the only one talking sales, me saying CoD lost popularity on PC after MW2 is like saying water is wet
speaking sales you're the one that linked Ghosts making a billion, and now you're calling it a flop, boy you sure changed your mind at the drop of a hat, despite your own research

It's a relative flop for the franchise, most people acknowledge that. I'm not sure what popularity metric you're basing this on but sales would be a good start for proving popularity, you know anything besides just talking out of your ass.

xrnzaaas

This is a little OT, but I find it irritating that the game didn't get any proper patches yet. Using the map is infuriating, some quests are broken and quest items may get stuck etc. I like when developers try to fix their game asap and release new patches daily or at least once every 2-3 days.

Last edited:

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
The steamies who will buy it later hopefully realize BL3 is Unreal licensed, with royalties going to Epic Games.

Kadayi

Banned
Let's just see how many copies it will sell on Steam a year from now. But I don't think anyone will care.

I don't think it will sell like hot cakes when it lands because firstly the avid fan base has already bought it and secondly by then in many peoples eyes it will be a 6 month old game. If anything they're going to have to put a price cut on it to incentive people because if they aren't buying It at launch people are going to wait for a sale.

I think the more curious thing is what the long tail looks like on EGS in terms of sales out side of whatever guaranteed minimum Epic is paying 2K for the exclusivity (which one has to imagine is a lot more than what Control is costing them).

Last edited:

Shagger

Banned
This is a little OT, but I find it irritating that the game didn't get any proper patches yet. Using the map is infuriating, some quests are broken and quest items may get stuck etc. I like when developers try to fix their game asap and release new patches daily or at least once every 2-3 days.

I Iike it when developers finish a game before releasing it, thus not having to fix the game ASAP and spend weeks or months patching it. But, I guess that's asking to much these days.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fuz

sol_bad

Is it harder to patch games on EGS???
:O

iorek21

I'm kinda convinced they sold much less than expected, on PC.

Yes, that's the same talk that the guys from Metro Exodus threw at us at the beginning of the year.

The same will happen to The Outer Worlds, as Xbox Game Pass will be way bigger than EGS

Also, anyone heard anything about Control and Ancestors: Humankind Odyssey on EGS?

Hahahahaha

My bet is that only AAA games such as Borderlands will get any meaningful numbers on that plataform

Dada55000

It's a relative flop for the franchise, most people acknowledge that. I'm not sure what popularity metric you're basing this on but sales would be a good start for proving popularity, you know anything besides just talking out of your ass.
now you invented the term 'relative flop', have your cake and eat it too why won't ya

now you invented the term 'relative flop', have your cake and eat it too why won't ya

No invention required.

Last edited:

Dada55000

other people shitting out buzzwords is not backing you up on logic, it makes you a parakeet
tackle the argument, that being you simultaneously said it was a success and then a flop, a complete 180 while saying both disprove the thing you failed ro rebuke
that's a self-debasing contradiction

joe_zazen

other people shitting out buzzwords is not backing you up on logic, it makes you a parakeet
tackle the argument, that being you simultaneously said it was a success and then a flop, a complete 180 while saying both disprove the thing you failed ro rebuke

Relative flop just means relative to expectations vs an absolute, objective flop.

BL3 sales are hidden, and all we have are pr fluff, so no one really knows.

Edit: xbox top paid and most played + twitch #s make it look like a relative flop as far as AAA big marketing budget games go. Who knows tho.

Last edited:

MMaRsu

Banned
The steamies who will buy it later hopefully realize BL3 is Unreal licensed, with royalties going to Epic Games.

"steamies"? 😂 where do you kids come up with these dumbass "insults". Nobody cares about royalties, pc gamers are appreciative of Epic's engine work and you'll be hard pressed to find someone who hates them for that.

What people dislike is well known though, but I'm sure you'd rather fling petty insults instead of having a factual argument.

Dada55000

Relative flop just means relative to expectations vs an absolute, objective flop.

BL3 sales are hidden, and all we have are pr fluff, so no one really knows.

Edit: xbox top paid and most played + twitch #s make it look like a relative flop as far as AAA big marketing budget games go. Who knows tho.
yeah, there's words for that called underperformed and the like
flop is an extreme of failure, when saying 'relative', you're saying it's a minor extreme of failure, which is a complete contradiction and is just stupid
it's dumdum's jamming the most powerful descriptors together resulting sth dumb

also, we were talking about CoD on PC, not BL3

joe_zazen

yeah, there's words for that called underperformed and the like
flop is an extreme of failure, when saying 'relative', you're saying it's a minor extreme of failure, which is a complete contradiction and is just stupid
it's dumdum's jamming the most powerful descriptors together resulting sth dumb

also, we were talking about CoD on PC, not BL3

Fair enough.

Kadayi

Banned
Probably around 1m... there is no way to make any claim.

jbrTTGv.gif

You tried to argue I invented the term, my dude. I didn't call it a success... EVER... so you know, find a new straw man to tackle.

Coflash

The investors have spoken.
Copies shipped don't mean copies sold.

Ha! As I was saying yesterday:

Coflash said:
Until we have actual numbers for PC sales, why is anyone believing anything 2K says? What else are they going to say when they don't have to quote stats? "Our game is selling poorly, we totally regret out EGS exclusivity deal" - or what? I'm surprised anyone is even paying attention to them.

...and I would still love to see those EGS numbers.

Katsura

My mistake, sell-in is weird new marketing speak to me then, it sold in where? Sold into stores? If it's 70% digital what does it even mean?
They didn't actually sell 5 million copies to gamers

Kazza

Borderlands 3 marks another solid release for 2K Games. Borderlands 3 sold an estimated 3.3 million digital units across console and PC in September. The average selling price per unit came in at an above-average $69 due to Deluxe Edition sales.

Before people say that all the sales are down to console, that link does put it at number 2 for top earning PC games:

B1rOQ3t.png

Typhares

tenor.gif

It's times like these that I realise that there are huge swaths of gaming of which I know literally nothing about.

Yeah, number 4 and 5 too. Sounds like mobile games ported on PC making bank.
Just looked at number 1 on steam and the reviews are not good, yet number 1 grossing...

Fuz

Banned
Dungeon fighter Online? The heck is that?
I tried it, quite a long time ago, because I saw it topping those charts.

It's a piece of shit.

And all those people fueling money into it need to be sterilized immediately.

Last edited:

TacosNSalsa

Just looked it up . FTP of course and it even has a Play More Pack MTX where for a mere $.99 you can play longer than anyone else!! Between pubs charging for you to be able to play more and other pubs charging you so you don't have to play as much (time savers) what a time to be alive !! :messenger_smiling_with_eyes::messenger_smiling_with_eyes::messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

Pejo

DFO is actually pretty fun. It's basically like anime Double Dragon, with MMO elements. I haven't played in a few years, but it was a really enjoyable beat'em up when I spent a lot of time with it. Tons of different characters/classes to play too.

zcaa0g

Banned
I don't think it will sell like hot cakes when it lands because firstly the avid fan base has already bought it and secondly by then in many peoples eyes it will be a 6 month old game. If anything they're going to have to put a price cut on it to incentive people because if they aren't buying It at launch people are going to wait for a sale.

I think the more curious thing is what the long tail looks like on EGS in terms of sales out side of whatever guaranteed minimum Epic is paying 2K for the exclusivity (which one has to imagine is a lot more than what Control is costing them).

I'm an avid fan, but I am more avid in sticking up for what I believe in and something tells me I am not even remotely close to being alone on that.

This isn't about B3 being on Steam, this is about a multiplatform title by a developer and publisher without their own storefront game client putting the game on more digital storefronts and letting the best man win instead of being exclusive to a shitty storefront.

Just try to envision having 1500 games in your Epic store library and trying to find them. Ugh.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I do not believe that. nobody I know is playing borderlands 3 or even talking about it. Especially on pc. If it's true it is surprising that there are even 5 million gaming pc's out there. The game is not easy to run

Top Bottom