• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Every Extend Extra website renewal

Lee N

Membre
Wow, this game just keeps getting better and better as you get better at it. I've had my first few SSS ranks and I'm starting to beat my old scores by miles.

TECHNO drive is an awesome level btw.

It's sad how little people seem to care about this game.. que some more love, it's an order.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Finally got the game in the mail today. It's pretty awesome so far, although using the analog nub makes my hands sore. Do you guys play with D-pad or nub?

Got my first SS rank on my 2nd playthrough, but I'm still having problems beating that black branching boss that covers half the screen. Any tips? It's Stage 6, Big Bang Drive.

Im planning on getting this game, even though I prefer the visual style of the original PC doujin game..
What are the load times like from start-menu to mission?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I had a pretty awesome run on level 2 today. Lasted over 5 minutes in that stage. It got to the point where the next extend score was so high that it was so difficult to get any more lives

eeelevel2if2.jpg

Anyone interested in a GAF high score list like we did with Lumines?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
A_Lee_N said:
.. you can take screenshots in this game?

You can take screenshots if you have a 1.5 PSP. A program called Devhook lets you take screenshots anywhere by pressing the music note button

Lee N

Membre
Wario64 said:
You can take screenshots if you have a 1.5 PSP. A program called Devhook lets you take screenshots anywhere by pressing the music note button
My primary PSP is 2.8, I do, however have a second PSP with 1.5. I never touch it though.

Devhook you say? Does this mean you can run new games on an old PSP?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
A_Lee_N said:
My primary PSP is 2.8, I do, however have a second PSP with 1.5. I never touch it though.

Devhook you say? Does this mean you can run new games on an old PSP?

Yep. They load directly from the UMD too so no need to do fancy stuff to get them to load. You just need the program and 2.6/2.7 firmware extracted onto your memory stick

Lee N

Membre
Wario64 said:
Yep. They load directly from the UMD too so no need to do fancy stuff to get them to load. You just need the program and 2.6/2.7 firmware extracted onto your memory stick
Extracted? Doesn't that involving breaking the encryption of the binary?

And what about 2.8, can you run software (i.e the new demos) that requires 2.8?

ZeMMiK

My copy is AUG3 shipped from Lik Sang but No luck yet!! Anyone ordered from Lik Sang and lives in Europe? Did you receive it??

Mr Toast

Ive been following this game for a few months now, but it seems the EU/"PAL" release has dropped off the radar. Can anyone put my mind at ease?

I'd get the JP version except for 2 concerns:
Language barrier - is it an issue?
Cover art - PAL version looks sex.

Ceb

Mr Toast said:
Ive been following this game for a few months now, but it seems the EU/"PAL" release has dropped off the radar. Can anyone put my mind at ease?

I'd get the JP version except for 2 concerns:
Language barrier - is it an issue?
Cover art - PAL version looks sex.

Last date I heard was October... I'm gonna wait for the EU version to come out and see if there are any differences in the track lists.

Mr Toast

Thanks Ceb. I had a look over a few AU and EU online stores the last hour or so, none of the usual suspects have anything except dvdcrave, but they have no date (only the hot boxart).

Patience required, it seems.

Bebpo

Banned
The game suddenly clicked for me today. Dunno how or why as I didn't really try new strategies or read any tips, but I went from not being able to beat the first boss to doing no continue runs through the whole game and suddenly it's one of my favorite games of 2006; definitely in my top10 of the year so far.

One thing is it seemed like the game had lots of crazy branching. How do you get to the various levels?

The other thing is that even though I beat seven stages and got the credits I went to Caravan and it only lets me play the first 3 levels and bosses?...is that normal? Or did it not save my game?

Also can someone explain how the scoring works? I thought each stage had a set level design that would be around 2 mins long and then a boss and you had to kill the midbosses so you'd have more time on the boss, but going by Wario64's score it seems like the time of a level depends on the player? I thought I understood the game, but maybe I didn't. I think the tutorial needs improvement >_<

Bebpo

Banned
Gave it another run through stage 7 and still can't get above level 3 in Caravan or Boss Attack mode. Also I did some different branching but the levels all seemed exactly the same, so I guess there aren't dozens of levels? :(

There's two things that are kind of annoying though IMO (and make me want to break my PSP at times):

1. In almost every shmup I've played, after you die the game ALWAYS gives you enough invincibility at the start of a new life to collect your dropped power ups. But EEE DOES NOT. If you have rank 6 or higher and you die you can circle around and get about 4 before the invicibility wears off. That means if there's tons of stuff on screen and you attempt to go for all six, you'll usually die AGAIN and have your rank crystals spread out even more and they often end up going off-screen by this point.

2. If you die near the side of a level, it's often impossible to get about half of your rank crystals back because of the damn borders.

These added together make it seem like if you're doing really high scoringly good and then you die once...you can easily be completely ****ed and lose all your rank and end up facing the boss with low rank and being unable to beat it. I've had time and time again where I'm having one of my best runs and one shot from something hitting me off-guard kills my whole game and causes a game over. It's almost like it's better to just hide and let time tick down once you have max rank so that you guard your rank with everything you've got so you can beat the boss. >_<

ZeMMiK

Finally I received the game from Liksang.. (17 aug!!!).
After some time I finally destroyed the 2nd end boss and took the easy path and came till Stage 5. So I also have only 2 stages in caravan mode. Next time I will go up.

It is cool that the original game is also in the package. I always thoughed I did something wrong that the game ended after the 1st endboss, but that game was just that short!!

Great, Great game!!

Bebpo

Banned
SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
I would like to know, in your opinion, if Every Extend Extra is worth buying a PSP for.

No.
It's not even worth $50.

But it is an excellent game worth owning if you have a PSP. Should've been released at around $30-40.

ZeMMiK

It is the combination I bought a PSP for..

Lumines
Every Extend Extra
CapCom Puzzle Collection
Powerstone Collection.

When this list is complete, I'm a happy man!

But this is an awesome game with a lot of reply value!!
This is really a game to do 1 hour or for 10min's.
You have to like dance/trance music I think, and that is exactly my style.
But i'm also totally into REZ.

Go to a room, switch off the lights, but a headset on ..and play it... just wonderfull.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Woo, new record

snap002ic7.jpg

If anyone has any real strategies for beating stage 5 and 6 boss, I'd love to hear em. I still haven't unlocked the last 2 levels and it's because of these two bosses. Especially Netal Gear (stage 5 boss)...I can't figure out how/when to attack it when it does the snake thing. And the stage 6 boss screws me up when it gets to the 3 branch thing

Lee N

Membre
Ceb said:
So Europe gets it one week earlier? Weird.
About that.. a Swedish retailer just changed the date to January 26th 2007. I don't know if they know anything we don't, but I don't like the change.

Maybe they heard from Sony that Europeans like waiting.

ZeMMiK

all, just import the game, all the menu´s are in English...you do not want to wait till January and importing is cheaper too (videogamesplus). euro is pretty strong now.

Top Bottom