• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everybody's Golf launches August 29 in NA, August 30 in EU

DKHF

Ditching the Hot Shots Golf name.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbv5qnspMQg

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/04/20/everybodys-golf-coming-to-ps4-on-august-29/

No matter your play style, we're pleased to invite golfers and gamers of all skill levels to play the next installment in the Hot Shots Golf franchise — Everybody's Golf. And what better way to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the franchise than to launch the next iteration of the series this summer.

We're pleased to announce that Everybody's Golf will launch on August 29, 2017 for PS4!

Not only does Everybody's Golf boast the same three-click shot mechanic our fans have come to love, but the series returns with new features such as more character customization, robust online modes,* and other fun activities including fishing, buggy racing and treasure hunting in the open world environment. How you enjoy the game is up to you.

*Some online modes require PS Plus membership.
Everybody's Golf
Everybody's GolfEverybody's Golf
Everybody's Golf

Pre-order For Bonus Items!
Starting today, you can pre-order Everybody's Golf from PlayStation Store for $39.99 ($49.99 CAD). Check out the list of bonus items below that you'll receive when you pre-order the game at PlayStation Store:

Instantly downloadable upon pre-order purchase:
Everybody's Golf Original Avatar

Available on Day 1:

The 20th Anniversary Course
Rabbit Mascot Costume x1
Unique shirt x2
Premium Kart x1
PS Dynamic Theme x1

Closed Online Test
And before we sign off, we wanted to share some exciting news for our most eager fans! We will be conducting a Closed Online Test which starts toward the end of May. We will send details to eligible players soon, so make sure to check your email!
Hope to see you on the course soon!

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2017/04/20/everybodys-golf-tees-off-for-ps4-on-30th-august/

Ridley327

Huh, they're finally using the literal title translation for the series in the US. Did someone come up and object to Sony's copyright on Hot Shots Golf or something?

shandy706

Can we drive carts around the course while someone is trying to play? X-D

So, a week after Uncharted: TLL? I know they're not remotely the same genre, but c'mon Sony, space your damn releases out!

I pre-ordered that when it was up for $25 on Best Buy. I'll be ready to grab this right away.

Happy that they unified the naming in the west now, the EU/NA difference always bothered me.

Will this get a physical release?

I love this series. Always have. But the visual style of this game is genuinely jarringly horrible. I'm sure it'll play brilliantly, but it looks more than a little unpleasant.

It's not Hot Shots anymore? Kind of a bummer, but I'll be buying regardless.

Had so much fun in my friend's dorm with Hot Shots Golf in the PS2 days.

This, Uncharted, Shadow of War, and Yakuza all within a week from each other. Should provide me with plenty to play while all the big third party games that don't interest me come out

In a year of killer PS4 exclusives, I don't think this will be among them.

And I'm not just saying that because Owl City is the musical backdrop for the action.

I wonder if they hold off on online tournaments for a month or so like they normally do?

Just give me my HSG lobbies and let me figure out how to get out of bounds.

jacobeid

Banned
So, a week after Uncharted: TLL? I know they're not remotely the same genre, but c'mon Sony, space your damn releases out!

Exactly.....I'm very curious about this game but not at this time considering Uncharted comes out a week prior and Yakuza Kiwami comes out on the same day.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Did someone sue them for the hot shots name or something? Seems kind of dumb to use the more generic name honestly

"Everybody's Golf" has been the series name in Japan and Europe since it started. It is kind of weird that they decided to change over to it in the States like that, I suppose.

welp 40$. a budget price for an online social multiplayer game. i'm expecting 100$ worth of DLC.

theyre gonna hold so many courses and characters behind a paywall. not sure if i should wait with fingers crossed for a complete version or just pre-order and not buy any dlc. craving some HSG golf, but everything else theyve done to this game is just a massive turn off.

anyone know how we can make ourselves applicable for the online testing?

As long as it has a bunch of courses, I don't really care if the characters look like shit.

a bunch of courses.... to download for 10$ a course

tusken77

Everybody's Golf is my most played Vita game, I've put hundreds of hours into it. Really looking forward to this.

Anyone have any idea how entry into the beta will work?

Closed Online Test
And before we sign off, we wanted to share some exciting news for our most eager fans! We will be conducting a Closed Online Test which starts toward the end of May. We will send details to eligible players soon, so make sure to check your email!
Hope to see you on the course soon!

Solo Act

This is my favorite sports series, but I'm not really pumped about this new game. I'm nervous about the MMO aspects the trailer seems to show, and why would buggy racing or fishing be in a golf game?

Why does this game need to be a jack of all trades? I would've loved HSG World Invitational as a foundation, add PS4 graphic upgrades and a lot of courses - even as DLC.

Griss

Well, it doesn't look great and there's a lot of info missing there (how many courses, what online modes, is there asynchronous online multiplayer a la The Golf Club)... but that low low price means it's a day one for me anyway.

Also delighted to see that they got rid of the generic 'Hot Shots Golf' name for the universal 'Everybody's Golf', which is exactly what the game is... golf for everybody - all gaming skill levels, and all levels of interest in golf.

...I still can't get over that the decided a golf game needed to go open world social-gameplay-based, though. Just baffling to me.

EDIT:
Regarding courses and DLC - of course there's gonna be a ton of DLC, the question is whether the core content is enough and whether the prices for the DLC are fair.

My standard is that the game needs to have 7 18-hole courses as standard, and extra courses shouldn't be more than 6 dollars each. If they can hit those marks I'll be happy. There'll no doubt be a ton of character and gear DLC I won't give a shit about... it's just the courses that matter.

PSFan

Well, it doesn't look great and there's a lot of info missing there (how many courses, what online modes, is there asynchronous online multiplayer a la The Golf Club)... but that low low price means it's a day one for me anyway.

Also delighted to see that they got rid of the generic 'Hot Shots Golf' name for the universal 'Everybody's Golf', which is exactly what the game is... golf for everybody - all gaming skill levels, and all levels of interest in golf.

...I still can't get over that the decided a golf game needed to go open world social-gameplay-based, though. Just baffling to me.

EDIT:
Regarding courses and DLC - of course there's gonna be a ton of DLC, the question is whether the core content is enough and whether the prices for the DLC are fair.

My standard is that the game needs to have 7 18-hole courses as standard, and extra courses shouldn't be more than 6 dollars each. If they can hit those marks I'll be happy. There'll no doubt be a ton of character and gear DLC I won't give a shit about... it's just the courses that matter.

I dunno, Everybody's Golf sounds way more generic than Hot Shots Golf.

Camjo-Z

I gotta say, characters with realistic proportions doing cartoony anime poses is just slightly disturbing.

Still, this looks pretty great. This fishing and such sounds like it'll be a fun distraction from the main game. Mario's last two attempts at golf since World Tour have been pretty disappointing so I'm getting this for sure.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
welp 40$. a budget price for an online social multiplayer game. i'm expecting 100$ worth of DLC.

theyre gonna hold so many courses and characters behind a paywall. not sure if i should wait with fingers crossed for a complete version or just pre-order and not buy any dlc. craving some HSG golf, but everything else theyve done to this game is just a massive turn off.

anyone know how we can make ourselves applicable for the online testing?

a bunch of courses.... to download for 10$ a course

Do we know any of this or are you just wildly speculating?

WoolyNinja

I'm excited to finally get another Everybody's Golf (though strange its not Hot Shots anymore in the US?). And $40 is great though it makes me a bit cautious as well. Hopefully its a full game and not fee-to-play.

Prophane33

Awesome! Also, super happy that they are keeping the name unified across all regions so I don't have to correct myself every time.

Great news had so many fun with my family in previous games, good stuff. It's a series which has been an absolute blast and has led to some hilarious fun times. Must admit this news has brought a big smile to me today.

krae_man

kDQQgAP.jpg

Top Bottom