• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everybody's Golf launches August 29 in NA, August 30 in EU

Nothus

I remember when one of these games was on the free ps plus games list one month. I downloaded it expecting it to hold my interest for half an hour or so. Instead the damn game took over my life, it was amazing!

Definitely in for this day 1, can't wait.

bosh

Sweet. Don't have to import it now. This game is going to be awesome.

Golfing - check
Fishing - check
Driving the kart like a maniac - check

sackninja

Yessssss yessss meh uncharted can wait until Black Friday baby!!

Knee jerk reaction because of the $40 price tag which works better for games like this.

Gravity rush 2 and the last guardian should've been $40 too imo

And thinks it is just Sonys new price point for all family focused games, I believe Lbp3 and Ratchet and Clank were both 40 dollars aswell. ExpectKnack 2 to be 40 dollars. It definitly seems to be catching on with Sony.

And thinks it is just Sonys new price point for all family focused games, I believe Lbp3 and Ratchet and Clank were both 40 dollars aswell. ExpectKnack 2 to be 40 dollars. It definitly seems to be catching on with Sony.
I think lb3 was $60 but yea ratchet was $40. For smaller series I think it works. More of a reason for fans to pick it up and just the right price point to entice someone passing by with an interest

Jucksalbe

Banned
So this is, what, the fifth time they are calling a game in the series simply "Everybody's Golf" in Europe? lol

The trailer makes it look like this will be a digital-only title, which is kind of a shame. But on the other hand, I'm really happy it's releasing so soon.

Edit: Nevermind, there will be a physical release.

paulogy

With this being open world I wonder to what extent you can grief other players in your party or elsewhere on the course? :-D

Steiner

Banned
Finally!

Been waiting for this very announcement, and I'm digging the change back to Everybody's Golf. This gon' be fun.

Blinck

I'd love to give this a shot, but honestly the art direction is awful. This should be a colorful and non-realistic game, IMO. A sort of Mario Kart 8 graphics style would suit this perfectly and make it much more appealing.

Murdamonk

Pre-ordered!!

I don't know where i will find the time to play all these games this August.. UC, Yakuza Kiwami and EG.

kdoll08

This is great news. We actually get it a couple of days before the Japanese release but we finally have unified world servers. The Japan server has been robust for years now while we have 25 people online between the U.S. and Europe. I love that they are going with a $40 price tag over here. Hopefully with the lack of good golf games and the cheap price this game can get a bigger following again as it deserves it. I'm glad they are going to Everybody's Golf as the name now too since we are all on the same server. This is a good day.

ironcreed

Banned
The visuals are more than fine for a $40 game. Not to even mention that it looks to have more packed into it than ever that goes beyond just golf. But even with just golf, this series offers endless fun.

canedaddy

I like my Hot Shots on handheld, but I guess that's never happening again, so PS4 it is.

Not a fan of the name change in NA, either.

Bog

Junior Ace
Hot Shots (mechanically) is a perfect video game. I will buy this day 1, but throwing away the name in the US after 20 years is moronic.

I'm excited that this is finally releasing. I've owned at least one HSG game on every Playstation device I've owned.

I really hope they include the various mini games from previous versions. I really enjoyed the mini golf and par 3 challenge courses.

love how they come out and say "three click mechanism" is in it. so glad they didn't force some stupid swing with the analog stick.

$40, so there.

KRaZyAmmo

I'd love to give this a shot, but honestly the art direction is awful. This should be a colorful and non-realistic game, IMO. A sort of Mario Kart 8 graphics style would suit this perfectly and make it much more appealing.
I think even the Hot Shot Golf World Invitation on ps3 looks better than this....art direction wise. It had colors and wasn't realistic. But it also had some charm.

Guymelef

I guess they are using more "realistic" characters on the trailers to show how customizables they can be, but you can create more SD characters like the previous games .

RwzhzDy.jpg

Vvd6zKd.jpg

3Xh2iTi.jpg

5704thW.jpg

nZJvXrJ.jpg

xgUlojp.jpg

JP

Fantastic, I love these games. There isn't a series of golf games that even come close to this for me.

No signs of a tennis court in the trailer though. 😕

Griss

I guess they are using more "realistic" characters on the trailers to show how customizables they can be, but you can create more SD characters like the previous games .

The clothes look fine but the faces are just awful. All the charm of the previous playable characters has been lost.

It looks like there will be a physical release for us also. If you go to the game page it gives a link for digital pre order and disc pre order. Currently there are no retailers listed but they only announced this an hour ago.
sweet. I wish they'd say stuff like that in the announcement. You never know these days

Top Bottom