• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everybody's Golf launches August 29 in NA, August 30 in EU

EPaul

Recently bought the vita entry and i've become addicted to it. They singleplayer challenges are hard but fun

Good, I'm glad they've finally ditched the whole Hot Shots name....it never really suited the franchise. It's a left over from the 90s, when they thought it needed to be edgy and craazzzzyyyy to appeal to the NA market. It's because of that BS that we got a shittier version of the third game where they changed pretty much all the characters to hideous ones compared to the Japanese release.

Never played a Hots Shots Golf gsme. Excited.

they're great because they can be picked up easily to play but provide a ton of depth to really get great and score well on the tougher courses.

it's almost like i do an equation in my head with every shot with how to strike the ball based on distance, weather, spin, club length, etc.

awesome games.

Chris R

Game could probably look better.

Also, can't say that I'm excited with all of the non-golfing stuff included.

But who knows, maybe it will review extremely well and make me run out and buy it. Love me some HSG.

I hope they do dlc courses to have themes like gravity rush golf course but that would make too much synergistic sense
Liking the price and release date

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I assume they'll sell a ton of clothing DLC. I personally wish they'd kept the original style characters which look way better, and they could also sell new characters as DLC

Huh, they're finally using the literal title translation for the series in the US. Did someone come up and object to Sony's copyright on Hot Shots Golf or something?
Yeah, the name sounds weird. Or like a word is missing. Hot Shots wasn't a great name but it had history. Oh well, still looks fun.

labaronx

The visuals are more than fine for a $40 game. Not to even mention that it looks to have more packed into it than ever that goes beyond just golf. But even with just golf, this series offers endless fun.

Online golf matches and leaderboards were addictive for world invitational

I guess they are using more "realistic" characters on the trailers to show how customizables they can be, but you can create more SD characters like the previous games .

I've yet to see one in game character look anything like old EG style, would you mind linking some imgs?

Trace

Banned
Graphically it looks like an upscaled PS3 title.

On the other hand, I don't give a shit so I'll probably get it.

hort22

while the characters maybe aren't the best looking, the courses from what i can tell are looking pretty good...also back this go around will be the connected course layout from hot shots out of bounds...albeit 9 holes at a time.

CamHostage

"Everybody's Golf" has been the series name in Japan and Europe since it started. It is kind of weird that they decided to change over to it in the States like that, I suppose.

Well, the PS4 is kind of a series restart (if you can "reboot" a golf game?) and is called "New Minna no Golf" (aka New Everybody's Golf), and it's been almost a decade for Hot Shots (unless you owned a Vita,) so maybe they just thought now was the time.

Good, I'm glad they've finally ditched the whole Hot Shots name....it never really suited the franchise. It's a left over from the 90s, when they thought it needed to be edgy and craazzzzyyyy to appeal to the NA market. It's because of that BS that we got a shittier version of the third game where they changed pretty much all the characters to hideous ones compared to the Japanese release.

That too. Though I'm personally fond of Hot Shots still because it's easier to talk about in short hand (you know exactly what somebody's talking about, and it crossed over as branding okay to Tennis and the minigame collection; I don't like having to take a stand between "Hot Shots Shorties" compared to "Everybody's Stress Buster", but I think it works better as HS.) But the change and the pick of "Everybody's" for the brand will be fine by me in time.

kevin1025

Banned
Awesome, I'll be playing it! August is getting wild for Playstation, they're really steering clear of the fall for some reason.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I always though "Everybody's" was such an awkward, semi-translated title for the sports series. Now the virus has spread and taken over, RIP Hot Shots.

Indelible

Not a fan of the custom characters but I'am sure the gameplay will be really fun, I just hope there is robust single player content.

kdoll08

Not a fan of the custom characters but I'am sure the gameplay will be really fun, I just hope there is robust single player content.

You guys aren't wrong that the designs are more generic than in previous games but isn't the answer obvious to you guys? You create your own character. That is never going to be as detailed as a professional artist designing something. As long as the game play is as good as always I'm looking forward to making my own person. I always end up using the ladies in these game because they are usually better on control and spin while the guys are brutes with power. That's a good way to get you ass kicked online. Now I can build the person however I want. That's a fair trade to me.

surrogate

Give me courses, courses, and more courses. $5, $10 a pop, I don't care, I'll pay it. New designs or remakes from prior games, doesn't matter, offer it and I'll send money. Please don't extort me with crappy stat upgrades required to keep a level playing field. Paid outfits/costumes are fine as long as they don't give a competitive advantage. A nice, proper miniature golf mode would be good too.

Lucifon

Love Everybody's Golf. Environments look awesome but the avatars look pretty terrible. Still I'm totally in day 1.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
You guys aren't wrong that the designs are more generic than in previous games but isn't the answer obvious to you guys? You create your own character. That is never going to be as detailed as a professional artist designing something. As long as the game play is as good as always I'm looking forward to making my own person. I always end up using the ladies in these game because they are usually better on control and spin while the guys are brutes with power. That's a good way to get you ass kicked online. Now I can build the person however I want. That's a fair trade to me.

Sure, but custom character creators have been able to make basic 3D faces for some time now. These look like literally a balloon with paper eyes stuck on, and it's more than 'less detailed', it's downright ugly and a bit freaky. They couldn't have at least indented the eyes a little? Put a bit of shine on them?

Its like playing a round of golf with Frank Sidebottom

I've only ever played the vita entry but this does not seem like a good adaptation of the art style. I feel like the lighting might be too realistic or something as well? Either way there's just something a bit odd about it.

Top Bottom