• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everybody's Golf launches August 29 in NA, August 30 in EU

Everybody's Golf sounds worse. It sounds like a bargain bin $5 Chinese knockoff title. Maybe it sounds better in Japan, but the word here is just too damn generic and bland.

It's not exactly ready for prime time IMO. At least maybe rephrase it or something, "Golf for Everyone" or some variant. "Everybody's Golf" sounds like a witch came from the 4th dimension and turned everyone on Earth into a putting green, a club, and a ball, and the only way to return to normal is to have a bunch of Wacky Characters from yet another dimension come and play on us.

AgeEighty

This series has always been such a graphical showcase. What happened? The characters look atrocious in this, and I see perfectly flat grass textures in spots.

This series has always been such a graphical showcase. What happened? The characters look atrocious in this, and I see perfectly flat grass textures in spots.

Showcase? It's always had a good artstyle but that's about it, I guess with the character generation that's had to get toned down to the point of almost not existing though.

Summer vacation, Aquanaut's Holiday and Africa will follow!
I'll even take a train sim.

Would be legit amazing if it happened. Especially the first two.

Man, when you think about it, Sony's Japanese output sure took a hit this gen. They don't put out nearly as much weird stuff as they used to. Sony won't fund another Boku no Natsuyasumi for instance, because they know that they'd have to localise it if they did.

AgeEighty

Showcase? It's always had a good artstyle but that's about it, I guess with the character generation that's had to get toned down to the point of almost not existing though.

Yes, showcase. HSG has always been a beautiful game that showed off early in the generation what Sony's hardware could do for a cartoony game with realistic environments. This game's previews show a huge reduction in not only character quality, but environmental quality as well. And jaggies everywhere you look.

I would say everything looks pretty good. The scale of the courses is probably want excites me the most. As for the characters, it's mostly the mouths that bother me.

But if the game plays well then I will definitely be grabbing this.

Wonko_C

The trailer made it look like you can interact and socialize in an almost MMO-ish way with your friends online in a open world, I hope that's the case.

kdoll08

It's available for physical pre order on Best Buy's website now. If you have gamers club unlocked it's only $32

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/everybodys-golf-playstation-4/5869516.p?skuId=5869516

Also it looks like you get the pre order bonuses from the digital download at least from Amazon's pre order page. Also Best Buy's page had this info that looked new.

Robust online experience (team battle, daily tournament, etc.)
Free roaming on the game's golf courses
Expanded character creation and customization options
Offline single player and multiplayer mode *up to four players
Turf War: eight-player max, Tournament Mode: 50-player max
*Some online mode will require a PS Plus membership

I don't think I had seen any confirmation of 50 player tourneys like in the old days. We have been limited to 35 for a few years now. Also good to see single player offline at least mentioned.

Setzer

Been looking for info on this and just now seeing they dropped the "Hot Shots" name which I think is lame. I mean why now after 20 years? I think it could end up hurting sales. Oh well, happy to have a new entry in the series and got my copy pre-ordered.

Oh, man. I can't wait for them to do this for NA.

I know they said they would be emailing eligible people, but I never get anything interesting from Sony even though I'm signed up for their newsletters and have been on PSN since the beginning and PS Plus pretty close after start. Maybe I'm paying for getting that free PS Underground swag I got so many years ago.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
So am I a bad person if I think this should have 4k native to be justifiable on the Pro? Sure, I'd rather have 60(and they could totally do this for swing mechanics if their heads weren't stuck in the sand) - but that ship sailed a decade ago it seems...

Blackleg-sanji1 said:
Gravity rush 2 and the last guardian should've been $40 too imo
If we're going down this road - Battlefront, COD and Destiny should all be 40$ max too. Then again the way BF price crashed it probably averaged way below that anyway.

AgeEighty said:
This series has always been such a graphical showcase.
When? Certainly not on Vita, PSP or the PS3.
I guess it did better on PS2 (and 60hz too) but that was over a decade ago.

Chris R

How big is the beta? If it's only a few gigs I'll download it and give it a try but I leave for vacation middle of Saturday so I won't get as much time with it as I'd want.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
just wanna give a shout out that i love the specificity of this thread title. can we get specific times by country too?

Lkr

I'm considering buying a PS4 just to play this and then I realize I just missed out on $70 off for Prime Day.

Megatron

I'm considering buying a PS4 just to play this and then I realize I just missed out on $70 off for Prime Day.

If you can, just hold out for Black Friday.

By the way I agree with the other people in here who say the new name sucks. I don't care that you are finally syncing the two names for the franchise, hot shots is a much better name.it does sound like some generic third party wii game.

Jimrpg

By the way I agree with the other people in here who say the new name sucks. I don't care that you are finally syncing the two names for the franchise, hot shots is a much better name.it does sound like some generic third party wii game.

Does it sell more in EU/ROW than NA? That's the only reason I can think of why they went with EG over HS.

Ostinatto

Why i never get beta keys? im Plus since day one,i have bought tons of games on PSN and i have played every hot shots game on all consoles.

Why Sony?, why you are so mean to me?

I like it, loved hearing the "Everybody's Golf World Tour" narration every time I started up the last one, the kids got so tired of it.

kdoll08

It looks like you unlock things as you beat VS characters. Sometimes it is custom body parts for making characters and sometimes it is actual functionality to the game. When you beat VS character 3 you unlock using triangle and circle shot adjustments. When you beat character 5 and 6 you unlock the golf carts and fishing mini games. It looks like the VS matches will be more frequent than in previous games and the VS characters appear to just be dressed up avatars. When you win tournaments you will get items like clubs but it looks like balls will be consumable after every round like in the beta.

It looks like you unlock things as you beat VS characters. Sometimes it is custom body parts for making characters and sometimes it is actual functionality to the game. When you beat VS character 3 you unlock using triangle and circle shot adjustments. When you beat character 5 and 6 you unlock the golf carts and fishing mini games. It looks like the VS matches will be more frequent than in previous games and the VS characters appear to just be dressed up avatars. When you win tournaments you will get items like clubs but it looks like balls will be consumable after every round like in the beta.

Interesting. I was wondering how they were going to handle adjusting power on your shot. Usually it's an unlock through your Golf Level. Beating someone in VS makes sense though.

Top Bottom