• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everyone wants to hate the Xbox Series S, but.....

deafmedal

The argument that there should be a cheaper option is ridiculous, there should not be. Is it nice that there is? Of course! Arguing about budget is pointless, there is no right or need to play games let alone “next” gen- staying on the cutting edge is always the worst economical choice. If money is truly an issue staying a gen behind is the best option.

The poooooor Christmas kids take is preposterous tbh. Sometimes life sucks, perhaps teaching them to find other values in the “Holidays!” instead of endless consumerism might be more beneficial? Or not- your life, your choice. Guilt tripping about small faces lighting up on that fateful morning in remembrance of the birth of Santa Claus doesn’t really move the needle 😉

That said, interesting travel option but not a fan of being tied to digital only.

Last edited:

Woo-Fu

Banned
I don't understand why the design had to be so hideous. I mean at least make the grill square with rounded corners and then round the corners of the rest of the case. Some poor kid is going to fall on that and poke his eye out. Or his mom will try to make kraft dinner on it and wonder why it is taking so long to boil water.

DavidGzz

Yes but they could have done a Xbox one slim for $199 and sold to the casuals This S is really confusing the next Gen

Eventually XGS and third parties will be releasing games that cannot play on a jaguar cpu. The Xbox One will be totally discontinued at that point. They wanted a lower priced next gen system even if games have to play in 900p sometimes.

FrankWza

You might as well get used to it, every year digital trends to more of the market, once it hits 80 or 90%, the next consoles will definately not have disk drives.

you’ll have to get used to Sony and Nintendo selling their consoles directly because there’s no incentive for any major retailer to sell and stock boxes that they can’t sell games for.

FrankWza

Yes but they could have done a Xbox one slim for $199 and sold to the casuals This S is really confusing the next Gen

totally, and with a disc drive too. Msoft spent 7.5 billion on a company that’s not releasing major titles for them for 3 years. They don’t need to release those games on another platform because they have so much many they can just sit on 7.5billion.They should just take losses on their hardware to sell gamepass. This is what we’ve been told.

Self

They wanted a lower priced next gen system even if games have to play in 900p sometimes.

Boy, I really hope that at least 1080p becomes standard for Series S. I don't need 4K at all, but sub 1080p is difficult to scale for many TV's out there.

vpance

This actually might sell worse than Xbox Core/Arcade did now that we know it's likely to be a 720p to 900p box.

Top Bottom