• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evidence behind Sony paying accuser's family in MJ case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alcibiades

http://www.slate.com/id/2115135/entry/2115284/

7:35 a.m.: BJ the pudgy superfan is here in front of the courthouse again, standing on his ladder and yelling. He waves around a DVD copy of Captain EO as he chants, "We love Captain EO! Captain EO is innocent!"

BJ's become a real fixture here. Everybody knows his name. And his story: He moved here from Tennessee during jury selection just so he could hang around the trial and offer his undying support to Michael. Sadly, yesterday—during one of the breaks—BJ got kicked out of the courthouse. The rule is that fans can't talk to Michael inside the building but can respond if Michael initiates a conversation. According to BJ, Michael said, "I love you," so BJ of course responded, "I love you more!" The guards felt that Michael had not actually invited this outpouring from BJ, so BJ got the boot. He's permanently barred from the courthouse now. But he can still stand out here on the sidewalk and scream his lungs out.

I'm poised to ask BJ about his Sony conspiracy theory (he has a placard that says "SONY IS BEHIND ALL OF THIS! DO THE RESEARCH!") when a couple of cops from the sheriff's department walk over and do the job for me. "So, tell us about the Sony thing you've done all this 'research' on," goads one of the cops, grinning from behind cop sunglasses.

BJ takes the bait and explains that "THEY" found checks from Sony that were made out to the accuser's family. "Sony wants Michael to go bankrupt so he'll sell them the other half of the Beatles catalog," says BJ matter-of-factly. The cops don't look convinced.

Do the research guys, Sony isn't the saint you all imagined.

Alcibiades

I love the "THEY" part of it, it's so Seinfeld-ish...

a comedy skit might have him asking "who is 'they' anyway" "you always hear about 'they'" "'everybody knows that 'they' know, but who knows who 'they' are"

border

Sony might want a conviction so they can drop his contract on a morality clause. It's pretty clear that he's washed up at this point.

border said:
Sony might want a conviction so they can drop his contract on a morality clause. It's pretty clear that he's washed up at this point.

Doesn't he get money every time a Beatles song or even the Thriller album is played?

I mean wouldn't that amount to millions in revune in a year alone?

I somehow doubt this guy is even close to bankruptcy.

bionic77 said:
I always knew that Jordan was up to know good.

9293MichaelJacksonOneOnOne.jpg

"Tickle-Tickle"

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
i found this entertaining (and hilarious) article on the rolling stone site ;

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/_/id/7203631/michaeljackson?pageid=rs.Home&pageregion=single2

my favourite part :

But the effect is ruined when the film starts. As the camera pans across the gates of Jackson's Neverland ranch, the audio track booms out the familiar bass groove of "Billie Jean" -- and in the overflow room, the sea of aging reporters instantly begins bobbing cheerfully to the beat.

Sony has their dirty mits all over the michael Jackson case. They want the catalog badly enough to frame him for it, as admitted in court by a Sony employee. Catalog already worth 1.5 billion by some accounts. Mike sales it his troubles end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom