• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EVO 2009: Fighting Game Championships - July 17 - 19, Las Vegas, NV (At the Rio!)

Kaako

Felium Defensor
this is more hype than Justin's game imo. Daigo vs Ed "The Master PhD" Ma! o_O
holy shieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
Kaako said:
OMG. This night is so so surreal, you have no idea man. What an amazing upset. Sanford with the godlike Cammy. *breathes out*
It honestly wasn't an upset for me. Sanford looked fantastic in the Semi's and that was the first time I ever saw him play. I became an instant fan.

Rice-Eater said:
Damn, Sanford beasted. Dan had no chance really. He just didn't know what to expect.

For sure...He looked like he had figured a few things out, but Sanford was mixing it up a LOT! And fuck the haters, I know he caught some flack from a podcast a few weeks ago, but he's really proven himself!

_dementia said:
Daigo's protege doesn't even get a round.

Damn, Daigo vs. Sanford finals should be in his favor without the console experience.

If Daigo beats Ma, Sanford will have to go through 3 great players with Cammy experience(including Justin) to even reach Daigo.

Ledsen

Rektash said:
Daigo vs Ed Ma incoming. Just can t see Ed Ma win this since there are tons of awesome Akumas in Japan.

Daigo has some problems against Akuma, I saw him lose to one twice in a row a few days ago.

Rektash said:
Daigo vs Ed Ma incoming. Just can t see Ed Ma win this since there are tons of awesome Akumas in Japan.

Not saying Ed is going to win, but a few of those guys give Daigo some trouble.

This match should be great.

unomas

Banned
So did Dan from Japan get punked? Why wouldn't he play on a console to learn the characters that American fighters might use? Seems pretty weak if you're playing in a huge tournament.

riskVSreward said:
Thread is moving fast, sorry for bold...

Is there gonna be a download of all of what was streamed?

High quality downloads only available through IGN(or when somebody gets it from IGN and spreads it online for free). Aside from that you can only get the low res stuff that you're seeing right now.

Shadow780

unomas said:
So did Dan from Japan get punked? Why wouldn't he play on a console to learn the characters that American fighters might use? Seems pretty weak if you're playing in a huge tournament.

Consoles are dead in JP. Handheld SFIV FTW!!

Arde5643

CcrooK said:
I'm kinda tempted to get IGN Insider now........
Yeah, I know what you mean.

After seeing the high quality stuffs they have here, $ 15 seems like a pretty spiffy deal for this - hopefully we'll be able to download them as well.

SmokeMaxX

gibration said:
Im about to explode from all this hype. But I think Cammy just placed herself higher in the tier list.

Doubtful. Japanese tier lists don't take console characters into account and American players have known about American Cammies for a while but still haven't regarded her highly. That probably means that she's not worthy of a high tier. Of course, that doesn't mean a great player can't use her to her fullest potential.

Top Bottom