• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EVO 2011 | The world's biggest fighting game tournament | Las Vegas, NV | July 29-31

Status
Not open for further replies.

USD

pirateben said:
Why you so godlike USD?
I'm just a stream monster, albeit a die-hard one.

Also to answer this question from the Road to EVO thread:

Kimosabae said:
USD what inspired this awesomeness?
I don't know, it was just an idea that popped into head maybe a week or so before the end of the EVO season. Didn't actually start working on until a week or so after ECT3/SS2K11. Sunk most of July 4 and the day after it into the thread.

I wanted to work on it more, especially to look back at some of the tourneys from late 2010. I have a tough time balancing gaming, stream monstering, and real life already though. It might be after EVO, but I still might work on it, while looking back at this year's EVO as well.

Anyway, I'm kind of sad I won't be able to watch this EVO in its entirety live. I'll be able to watch most of the first two days and all of finals, but I'll be missing out the ends of Friday and Saturday as well as pretty much of the after-hours stuff. I wanted to get drunk while watching EVO, but alas, real life.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I am going to be in vegas for five days starting next thursday. Am I doing it wrong?

Dahbomb

GET. FUCKING. HYPED!!!!

I swear if I see even one Spider Man MS into UWT against Dark Phoenix I am going to shit myself.

Oh and FOR AMERICA!!!!!

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Are we ready??????
48-1.jpg

I feel that I'm not as hyped for this as I should be. I really need to find a way to fix that.

Anyways, I was really surprised today when a friend of mine told me a guy from the arcade here actually went to EVO, guess I'm now obligated to root for him if I see him on stream or something XD

zlatko said:
dice-gallery-3.jpg

There should be a mention and picture of the grand finals commentary in OP. The heavens shall split open and down will ride the magnificent Adam Sessler on a Unicorn while Morgan Webb accompanies him on a Gryphon. Hype and epic lulz are a guarantee.
Legendary commentary.

USD

So players from Korea, Singapore, and Australia are already in the US. Gama and Nekohashi are already in Vegas from Japan, while Choco, Momochi, Shiro, Fuudo, Neurosis, Mago, Tokido, and Nyanshi will be coming to the US together, possibly already here.

DjangoReinhardt

Thinks he should have been the one to kill Batman's parents.
No point in pretending I'll be able to accomplish anything on Friday, so I'm taking the day off.

Even though MvC3 will probably be more exciting, I'm looking forward to AE the most. The quality of play should be unmatched.

Couldn't make it this year due to some stuff that came up last minute...

But the cencal crew is there in full force this weekend....

Shoutouts to XsK samurai, master tawnberry, blahguy, Mike Chow and Cynistar!

We been training hard the past few weeks and those guys are definitely prepared!

Cencal rep!!

JEKKI

Kadey said:
It's a rough draft of people I would go shopping with.
whaaaaat?!?! u wouldnt go shopping with me??

Im awesome to shop with!!

Agent Provocateur.

La Perla.

Kiki de Montparnasse.

Im all about those!!! Im not even going to Evo to play games!

(or eat pho... that shyt is so 2000 and late)

Kimosabae said:
Anyone got any ideas for tasty, relatively healthy snacks?

Nuts (cashews), popcorn...

I'm going to be having a million smoothies and will probably make a bunch of sweet potato fries as well.

Probably get some crap like Dill Pickle Chips and Peanut Butter Snickers to go along with it though.

Neki

I said it in the SF thread, but Heavy Weapons for evo on commentary please! Him + Sessler would be godlike.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
zlatko said:
dice-gallery-3.jpg

There should be a mention and picture of the grand finals commentary in OP. The heavens shall split open and down will ride the magnificent Adam Sessler on a Unicorn while Morgan Webb accompanies him on a Gryphon. Hype and epic lulz are a guarantee.
Man...

I still haven't watched all of the SF4 finals from last year because I just can't stand listening to that drivel. :(

Mœbius

Ultimoo said:
I said it in the SF thread, but Heavy Weapons for evo on commentary please! Him + Sessler would be godlike.
Sessler is gold.

Heavy Weapons... I would have to choke a bitch.

g36Fc.gif

Rocwell

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I'm so fucking hype for evo this year, this shit is gonna be off the fucking chain!

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

And I won't have to miss the Finals because of work!

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Also can't wait to see G4ail hijack the commentary during grand finals again this year!

AAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'm really surprised at the amount of international talent this year.

I'm actually in another country at the moment, and it seems the internet is very slow here.
I do hope I can watch the low quality stream.

So are we really gonna get Keits but no Chris Hu? What is the world coming to?

Well, at least he will be in the Salty Suite I hope :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom