• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EVO 2011 | The world's biggest fighting game tournament | Las Vegas, NV | July 29-31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sblargh said:
How's the MK scene? Are people blowing minds? The "game has just launched" phase is behind it?
It still has a dedicated constituency, but don't expect the number of entrants to match SF4 or even MvC3

_dementia said:
It still has a dedicated constituency, but don't expect the number of entrants to match SF4 or even MvC3

I don't think anyone expected the MK turnout to show up those games, but what do you think about it in comparison to BlazBlu? T6? (coz I'm curious)

Green Scar said:
I don't think anyone expected the MK turnout to show up those games, but what do you think about it in comparison to BlazBlu? T6? (coz I'm curious)
I'm certain it'll be higher than Blaz. No idea about T6, bu it might be higher than that too.

Kimosabae

Banned
Thanks for the snack suggestions ya'll.

I really hope the Sony Home presentation is up to par. I'd really love to watch this on the big screen, rather than the laptop.

_dementia said:
I'm certain it'll be higher than Blaz. No idea about T6, bu it might be higher than that too.

Cool, I assume we'll see at least some of the big general FG scene players on MK (Valle? Wong? I don't follow enough to know if they're playing, but I'd assume so?), anyway. I don't think I'm going to have a clue who people are on BB and T6. :lol

I'm so Ready

106kdw5.gif

ShaneB

Watched 'Focus' last night, very well done and was fun to watch the process and how dedicated some of the players are.

Couple questions, will the panels be archived? Want to watch them for sure, and is there any chance a sort of "best of" montage will be available asap? Know I won't be able to watch everything, but to be able to watch a highlite reel of all the best stuff would be wonderful.

Zissou

_dementia said:

I think on the recent wakeup SRK podcast, it was mentioned that MK was a close third behind AE and Mahvel.

Green Scar said:
Cool, I assume we'll see at least some of the big general FG scene players on MK (Valle? Wong? I don't follow enough to know if they're playing, but I'd assume so?), anyway. I don't think I'm going to have a clue who people are on BB and T6. :lol
Yeah, there is little crossover in those game. There a re some players in the SF scene like PR Balrog and Tokido are killers in BlazBlue. Tokido is a killer is like every game though. I think he has a chance to win every game at Evo except MK, lol.

USD said:
A few random things from Gama no Abura's twitter:

-Amazed at how traffic lights change for emergency vehicles.

-Shook hands with Kayane, also met some Team Sp00ky members (not sure who).

-Food is surprisingly good, portions are big though. Kit Kat bars are massive.

-Lost $10 gambling.

-The bathtub in his room is so shallow that on his side, his wang floats to the surface (I'm just translating here, lol).

He also re-tweeted this:

http://i.imgur.com/b1mkm.jpg[IMG]

On a separate note, how is Kayo not mai waifu yet?

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Im6ty.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Before all the madness hits, shoutouts to USD. I'd be lost as hell without his stream updates and translations. Homey needs a title.

USD
[b]STREAM MASTER[/b]
(Today, 04:03 AM)
Reply | Quote

Gat dam, where mah Kayane pix??

ShaneB

Was just reminded that it's a long weekend here, that makes staying up late on Sunday to watch the Finals that much better!

paul187 said:
Does the PS3's browser handle Ustream? I hope I can find a way to watch this.
I recall watching one of the old West coast warzones via ustream on the PS3 browser a couple of years ago it worked, but it was not optimal.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
blergh the time zones are going to clash like shit :/

I'll be able to stay up to like 04:00 am maybe once if that even, but not several days in a row :(

Azure J

USD, if you have the time and/or patience for it, care to drop a "top ten hypest moments on the road to EVO" post? I'm feeling like watching something right now, with a slant towards AE & MVC3. I'm trying to find some footage of that one Makoto that was apparently tearing shit up against Tokido at Shadowloo Showdown, and I currently have BIONIC ARM: The ARMening playing here, but the stream monster is never satisfied with one or two steam matches.

Dartastic said:
Is V-Ryu going to be there this year?

OH PLEASE MAKE IT SO

His Makoto is a goddamned inspiration. <3

BadWolf

Really excited for tomorrow, here's hoping the matches are as good as or better than last year's, since irc even the pools were really fun to watch last year.

ShaneB said:
Was just reminded that it's a long weekend here, that makes staying up late on Sunday to watch the Finals that much better!

*high five*

I was a little worried too after seeing the schedule posted (I basically would have gotten no sleep on Sunday, would go straight to work) until I heard the reminder via radio.

paul187

_dementia said:
I recall watching one of the old West coast warzones via ustream on the PS3 browser a couple of years ago it worked, but it was not optimal.

Yeah I think I saw EVO 2k9 on PS3. My laptop shit the bed so it's going to suck if I can't watch it this year. Not optimal but at least I can see it live.

I'll check out PSHome too. I hope that is still free.

Lothars

USD, I wanted to comment that your OP is amazing, thanks for a great topic,

This is my first EVO that I will be watching but I can't wait for it, I love watching Streams and it's a long weekend :D

ShaneB

BadWolf said:
Really excited for tomorrow, here's hoping the matches are as good as or better than last year's, since irc even the pools were really fun to watch last year.

*high five*

I was a little worried too after seeing the schedule posted (I basically would have gotten no sleep on Sunday, would go straight to work) until I heard the reminder via radio.

Yeah, it's odd. I knew it was a long weekend, but it didn't click until I was reminded this morning and made EVO all that much better.

vulva

leaving for vegas tonight after seeing a perfect circle. Joekage, if you see this PM me your cell number or something. I still am not really on a proper laptop for browsing or anything. Hoping to meet some more of gaf this year. Last year was such a blast.

Dai101

Banned
Well, it seems i'll miss all friday and half of saturday (it's movie day and Capt. America premiers here this weekend) but sunday i'll be glued to the monitor all day!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom