• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2013 Fighting game championship of the World July 12th - 14th

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I kind of stopped following the FGC when I started playing Dota around January. It sounds like ChrisG and Infiltration are still running things? Did Infiltration never start playing marvel? I'm sure he said he would this year, I was looking forward to seeing that. How has Yipes been doing in tournaments lately? He was my favourite marvel player before I stopped watching.

Also what happened with the SfxT patch? Didn't that game become any more popular after that? It looks like they're only streaming the finals.

So I kind of stopped following the FGC when I started playing Dota around January. It sounds like ChrisG and Infiltration are still running things? Did Infiltration never start playing marvel? I'm sure he said he would this year, I was looking forward to seeing that. How has Yipes been doing in tournaments lately? He was my favourite marvel player before I stopped watching.

Also what happened with the SfxT patch? Didn't that game become any more popular after that? It looks like they're only streaming the finals.

Chris G and Infiltration are still running things. Chris G more noticeably because of more frequent streamed tournaments.

Infiltration did play a bit of marvel but nothing seemed to come of it.

Yipes was recently called the Gootecks of marvel. This is more or less accurate given his current poor performance. You could also liken him to James Chen.

kick51

Banned
How has Yipes been doing in tournaments lately? He was my favourite marvel player before I stopped watching.

He might get top 32 at Evo on his fundamentals. But people still love him and wildly overrate him, despite him saying many times that he doesn't practice Marvel, he doesn't like Marvel, and showing poor performance over the last several months.

You'll get to hear him on commentary though.

Mesoian

I'll be there Friday night. EVO is the starting gate of my summer vacation. So everyone can pummel the shit out of me (I'm not that good).

T.O.P

Banned
Got the next monday off so that i'll finally be able to watch the last day without falling asleep midway

Let's go Xian!

BadWolf

hah hes in my bracket

I won't beat him

Oh man, some advice against his characters:

Joe: stay the hell away from the corner, he is the stun combo originator from the arcade version.

Hwa Jai: Kiss your ass goodbye.

Shen: He has an extremely high comeback and reverse OCV rate with this character. So... good luck.

Has Daigo showed any significant improvement to merit all this faith in him?

I would say yes, very evident in those long matches held recently where he defeated Fuudo and Xian.

His fireball game is really something now, just watch how he played against Fuudo. He basically fireball'd him to death, when previously doing fireballs against Fei was a pretty bad idea.

Baleoce

ibseIRBzj3lsOk.gif

The blown up, low framerate version above is butt.

I can't stop laughing at this xD

El Sloth

Banned
I want Chris G to win UMvC3. Let's bring all this salt and tears full circle already. I want Morrigan to violate everyone's hopes and expectations. It would be awesome if KaneBlueRiver makes it to grand finals though.

I want Dieminion to ascend, defeat the East Asian Gods of Street Fighter, and win EVO with motherfucking Guile. Can you imagine it? A fucking Guile player winning EVO? During the terrible reign of the most dominant player in a while?

Infiltration is no Anderson Silva though. He won't clown around and make a mistake. Will apply for Korean citzenship when he wins AE.

I think Alioune and the other European players will upset Injustice. I really think people won't know what to do against his style of lame. Grand Finals will be him and Chris! You heard it here first.

KOF will be a CafeID domination again. I'll root for Reynald and Romance anyways. Too bad Bala had to go and get himself on the US gov't shit list for overstaying his visa. I was looking forward to his revenge.

Keninblack will body SolarKnight on stream and everyone else in Skullgirls if no wildcard Japanese players enter. In which case, RIP America. East Coast plz

Jump.

It's the Mike "Yamcha not Tien Shinhan" Ross flowchart.

kick51

Banned
I'm so happy the one stream I happen to tune into randomly has Marn (nearly) blowing up F Champ. But then he fucking choked like always.

He didn't really choke, he just did a couple things Marn would've been more aware of, had he been keeping up on Marvel instead of LoL. Fchamp knew this and took advantage.

It was so close though and it would've been a top 5 Marvel moment...I feel like I've been saying that about everything in the past few tournies though. At least, I can say unequivocally that that's one of the best gifs + camera shots in fighting game history.

Doomshine

Any word on Nin staying at Aris' place and him streaming?

I wonder how many international players will be at WNF

Nin will be staying one night at Aris' place as far as he knows, he hasn't heard anything more about it, but he will be streaming if he does. He also said Nin should be at WNF too.

Shito

I think Alioune and the other European players will upset Injustice. I really think people won't know what to do against his style of lame. Grand Finals will be him and Chris! You heard it here first.
Man, I totally forgot Alioune was playing Injustice!
And you may very well be right about your prediction... '___'

Exr

Anybody remember the guys dressed as Mario and Luigi that brought that rad mugen cabinet? I hope those guys bring it back this year, I need my Homer Simpson vs Holy Ken rematch.

Venfayth

Only interesting people in my SF4 bracket are Popi (we're literally at the opposite ends though, if I play against him it will be in winners finals or losers bracket) and MMS Bsida.

Also Ranmasama and Redrapper (lol) are in my Marvel bracket, but I'm probably not even going to play Marvel :p

JeTmAn81

EVO HYPE TRAIN LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

My predictions for the winners:

Street Fighter - Infiltration

Marvel - Chris G

Smash - Mew2King (best name)

Injustice - Chris G

X Tekken - Infiltration

KoF - Romance

TTT2 - Bronson Tran

P4A - Lord Knight

Infiltration and Chris G to be kings of EVO.

BadWolf

Didn't people say that last year about the Chinese and Japanese before CafeID ran a train on everyone.

Only one strong Japanese player, Kaoru, showed up last year. A ton are coming this year, a lot of their best.

Xiaohai and Dakou were never a threat last year, it was pretty clear they barely played the game and were going off their strong fundamentals.

CafeID didn't dominate when they went to Japan, quite a few Japanese players had their way with them (Tenkawa for example ran a train through the one's that came, including MADKof and Lacid, thrice over).

I would say yes, very evident in those long matches held recently where he defeated Fuudo and Xian.

His fireball game is really something now, just watch how he played against Fuudo. He basically fireball'd him to death, when previously doing fireballs against Fei was a pretty bad idea.

Do you have a link to these matches? I would like to see this.

Did Fuudo make it to top 8 last year at EVO?

Surprised almost everyone has Chris G down as winning Injustice when the MK heads like REO and Tom Brady 1) have been getting better results in tournaments than Chris G and 2) aren't spreading themselves thin over various games either

Keninblack will body SolarKnight on stream and everyone else in Skullgirls if no wildcard Japanese players enter. In which case, RIP America. East Coast plz

I'm gonna take the fact that you mentioned me specifically getting bodied and on stream to mean that you're still salty from the last times we played :v

...But yeah, I'm indeed probably gonna get bodied. I'm considering asking for Squigly edition if I have to play any Peacock/ Double but I dunno

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom