• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2013 Fighting game championship of the World July 12th - 14th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astarte

Also, the winner of CM also won Marvel last year, so Dios X is clearly the favourite.

face of a champion

DIOSX_june-227x300.jpg

Wish he had the body of a champion

Clawww

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";69063341] And the year before that, when Rog pulled Acid Rain into Devil Trigger out of nowhere.[/QUOTE]

are you kidding me right now

Im entering this year for SSF4AE. Ive been playing fighting games for years and always wanted to be part of this. Im going to try my best and have fun. Im looking forward to this entire event and being there Live.

Hopefully I make the stream and some of you guys can check out my matches!

Dachande

Urgh, Skullgirls top 8 on Saturday 8PM? :( That's like 4AM for me, there's no way I'll be able to stay up to watch that.

Watch it get lower stream numbers because of non-US fans not being able to stay up for it and get loads of people screaming about the game being dead...

smurfx

get some go again
Who I want to win AE: don't care
Who I think will win AE: don't care
Who I want to win UMvC3: moons or kbr
Who I think will win UMvC3: chris g

ibwL8Pdxib24Ve.png

♦ GAF OT Link
♦ Number of pre-registered players as of this post 355
wG8Ko.png

♦ Rip ♢ Not GAF Anymore ZTS ♦ Bronson Tran ♢ Rickstah ♦ Cafeid.rzr Knee
♢ Kayo hubby Aris ♦ Cafeid.rzr Nin ♢ Kane ♦ Money inc. Inkog ♢ KOR
♦ MYK ♢ SDT/Money inc. Runitblack ♦ Kayyal ♢ Jimbo Tran ♦ Just Frame James
♢ Dogura ♦ Blackula ♢ Eddy Pistons ♦ Tasty Steve ♢ Suiken
♦ Redx916 ♢ AKG Critical Impact ♦ Haz KPC ♢ The Madness Beast ♦ Guriko
And many more..........

Did I really read Rip, ZTS, Bronson, Aris and Rickstah before Knee and Nin? lol.

Also who are the guys on bottom row?

TWILT

Banned
Ah, I remember when my GAF account finally got approved at last year's Evo.

Hyped for Marvel, AE, Melee, and P4A!

Urgh, Skullgirls top 8 on Saturday 8PM? :( That's like 4AM for me, there's no way I'll be able to stay up to watch that.

Watch it get lower stream numbers because of non-US fans not being able to stay up for it and get loads of people screaming about the game being dead...

If I were the one organizing the Skullgirls side tourney I would have just pointed my middle finger at the EVO organizers and finished the game earlier in the day without any stream.

Horseress

6wUQg.png

♦ GAF OT Link
♦ Number of pre-registered players as of this post 1601
wG8Ko.png

♦ Infiltration ♢ MCZ Daigo Umehara ♦ RZR Fuudo ♢ AV GamerBee ♦ Hori Sakonoko
♢ Xian ♦ Humanbomb ♢ Bonchan ♦ Kazunoko ♢ Laugh
♦ EMP/VXG Sanford Kelly ♢ Dieminion ♦ Chi Rithy ♢ Kindevu ♦ WW/MCZ Ryan Hart
♢ MCZ Tokido ♦ Keno ♢ Aquasilk ♦ Uncle Alex Valle ♢ Alioune
And many more...............

Aquasilk already said he's not going to EVO, sadly =/

Xpliskin

The only thing I really want to see is the crowd's reaction to Chris G getting destroyed by someone's hidden anti morridoom tech kept in the fridge just for EVO.

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
Who I want to win AE: Xian or Popi
Who I think will win AE: Infiltration
Who I want to win UMvC3: Zak Bennet or Moons
Who I think will win UMvC3: Chris G
Who I want to win SSBM: Armada
Who I think will win SSBM: Armada

Horseress

My UMvC3 top 8 predictions that I've posted a few weeks ago and predictions for the other games:
Chris G
FChamp (tho he's playing like ass lately, he's the champ)
JWong
Flocker
RayRay
<known american player>
<barely known international player>
<mediocre player>

who I want to win: not MorriDoom
who will win: MorriDoom

SFIVAE2012

who I want to win: Mr. Umehara
who will win: A Cammy player

Injustice

who I want to win: Tom Brady
who will win: NOT SCORPION (fuck you Scorpion btw)

Smash

who I want to win: Donkey Kong
who will win: The kids!

MK9

who I want to win: 404 not found
who will win: NRS

SfxT

who I want to win: Myself (not going but that's my game, I should win this)
who will win: SethLOLOL

P4U

who I want to win: animAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
who will win: animAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

TTT2

who I want to win: Aris
who will win: Korean dude

KOFXIII

who I want to win: Mexico
who will win: Korea

alstein

If I were the one organizing the Skullgirls side tourney I would have just pointed my middle finger at the EVO organizers and finished the game earlier in the day without any stream.

Skullgirls is like the VF comm in that they'll try to expose their game under any circumstance, just believing that this time people will come, though they never do.

Those two comms are my favorite communities.

Haunted

I want to see some solid GAF representation on stream this year. Give us someone to support and be hype about on streams. :D

no stream for TTT2 pools? *flips table*

other than that i'm ok with the schedule.

special presentation is Fighting Layer 2 exclusive for PS4.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I would pay for the higher qualitylike I did last year, but now that the EU Twitch servers are crapping out I am not so sure.

LevelUpLIVE has a practice session on at the moment. Mike Ross has grown a moustache. It is the most hilarious thing I've ever seen.

Can't wait for this.

At the same time, the schedule won't hold.

At least there is a chance that i won't miss marvel. I will have to watch AE the next day.

I always figured most of the hyperbolic monsters were American.
Skullgirls is like the VF comm in that they'll try to expose their game under any circumstance, just believing that this time people will come, though they never do.

Those two comms are my favorite communities.
I've been under the impression that most of us fans just wig the fuck out any chance we get and the attention/looks are just this pleasant by-product. It's a bit different from the art scene that sprouted around the game and the tournament players that actually do the travelling. The only thing uniting us is this burning passion to toss our money into the raging inferno that is SG.

Weird stuff

Dachande

I always figured most of the hyperbolic monsters were American.

The 'problem' with the SG community is that it's very online-based, and as such I reckon it has a high international quota. That's where I think the timing for this tournament stream is going to hurt it.

Salty Cupcakes has a similar problem. It's always far too late and starts at like 4AM here, so I catch perhaps the last 20 minutes of it when I wake up the morning and that's it.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
UMvC3

who I want to win: Keepaway
who will win: Keepaway (<3 MorriDoom)

SFIVAE2012

who I want to win: Somebody out of nowhere or alternately somebody like Daigo or Wong who have become mere also-rans lately. :(
who will win: Infiltration or fucking Fei-Long.

Injustice

who I want to win: Deathstroke
who will win: Nerfs

MK9

who I want to win: Persona or Tekken
who will win: MrWizard

Smash

who I want to win: Somebody who can show what an idiot Sakurai is.
who will win: Megaman wins all Smash games retroactively

SfxT

who I want to win: Chun-Li
who will win: Chun-Li

P4U

who I want to win: Elizabeth
who will win: Some lame character like Chie

TTT2

who I want to win: King Rey
who will win: Lunch time

KOFXIII

who I want to win: Mexican Horsehead
who will win: Hype

The 'problem' with the SG community is that it's very online-based, and as such I reckon it has a high international quota. That's where I think the timing for this tournament stream is going to hurt it.

Salty Cupcakes has a similar problem. It's always far too late and starts at like 4AM here, so I catch perhaps the last 20 minutes of it when I wake up the morning and that's it.
I'm always amazed by how many people are still tuning in at 3AM EST. It maxes out at something like 1k and it sits at 700 at 3AM. These people are nuts.

Oh, and this streaming schedule totally works for Japan. Apparently SG finals will be at 1PM in Tokyo.

pixelish

Boooo.

Are there any other strong Zangief players entered that might make top 32 other than Vance?
I guess Flash might use him as a counterpick....

I think Itabashi Zangief will be attending EVO. He's a top Zangief player from Japan.

My predictions for Top 8 AE:
Daigo
Infiltration
Gamerbee
Sako
Fuudo
JWong
A Cammy player (Xiao Hai or Alioune)
PR Rog

Will Win: Daigo
Could Win: Infiltration/Fuudo
Should Win: Sako
Dark horses: Human Bomb, Xian, Ryan Hart, Louffy, Dieminion (lol)

UMvC3

who I want to win: Not Chris G
who will win: Kusoru

SFIVAE2012

who I want to win: Dieminion
who will win: Infiltration

SfxT

who I want to win: Arturo
who will win: Sethlol

KOFXIII

who I want to win: GOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!
who will win: ...GOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LordJim

Has Daigo showed any significant improvement to merit all this faith in him?

Aside from recent performances in Topanga league and charity tourney which were very stellar, him specifically training in PS3 consoles and not attending XBOX events for the sake of EVO prep and making it to top 8 from winner's side for 4 straight years?

Hasn't done a thing to make people consider him a viable contender, no

ILoveBish

Went to evo 2010 and 2012, skipping out this year due to overly strict training discipline. But will be streaming monstering for sure. My biggest hope is for Nemo to get top 8 in marvel.

The Tekken community is in talks with Commando/IEBattlegrounds to stream some pool play. He's up for it, but it's going to take some work so nothing is set in stone yet.

so they gonna stream SCV and TTT2? i'm ok with that.

how many entrants for the side SCV tourny?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom