• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2016 Fighting Game Chamionship Tournament of the Year - July 15th - 17th

Status
Not open for further replies.

miku

LET'S GO DAIGO!!!

OUR 2016 EVO CHAMP

yNPx8Zd.gif

lupinko

Poongko is tearing it up with Akuma in Tekken
Won't be surprised if he makes it to top 8

There are a huge lot of Korean and Japanese players coming this year. Akuma is broke yes but Poongko still lacks Tekken knowledge. Playing the game like SF can only take you so far.

Also doesn't help his cause when Tekken gods like Knee and Nobi have learned Akuma too.

Remember, you don't learn matchups in Tekken, you learn characters.

Metal B

Smash 4 got screwed over again. How will it ever get the same viewing numbers as Melee, if most of the games are placed on friday morning until afternoon. A working day. Smash 4 postion at EVO is a self-fullfilling prophecy at this point.

NotLiquid

In it for Smash 4, SFV, Xrd and KI. Hope to see some good Ibuki, Jack-O and Rash action.

Smash 4 got screwed over again. How will it ever get the same viewing numbers as Melee, if most of the games are placed on friday morning until afternoon. A working day. Smash 4 postion at EVO is a self-fullfilling prophecy at this point.

Sometimes I get the feeling that Wiz doesn't even want Smash at EVO. A Saturday slot was somewhat understandable to place months in advance (had to predict for the sake of the second venue) but the timeslot itself is baffling. It's hard to believe that a year of progress in the scene doesn't warrant a better outcome. CEO this year proved that Smash 4 is going to be a far bigger deal moving onward. I can only hope they treat it better next year.

In for SFV and some KI. Travelling down to London for the weekend though so watching will be a pain. Thank lawd for unlimited data.

Also, fuck melee. Let Smash 4 be on the Sunday. Cman.

Fitts

Super disappointed that I'm gonna miss the Tekken finals due to work. Ah well... at least I'll be home in time for KI.

One day away from Christmas for stream monsters! And this year we get to watch Street Fighter all three days, as opposed to the usual routine of Saturday being a letdown compared to Friday. Excitement rising..

possibly the most intense set of Street Fighter ever.

Co-sign. I felt wiped out after watching that live.

Owensboro

Hell yeah, let's go! So pumped. Can't wait to see a full Mandalay Bay cheering. This weekend is going to be nuts.

So you have to get tickets for the Sunday's finals. So does that mean Friday/Saturday is just walk-in?

Nah, you still need a pass. No idea if those are sold out though.

Man this set is STILL awesome to watch. You'd think watching a bunch of matches in SF 4 go to time outs would be boring as hell.

I would love to see Daigo do well but his recent form doesn't fill me with much hope.

I'm really looking forward to Killer Instinct, I enjoyed it immensely last year. Let's go Rico!

TWILT

Banned
In for Sm4sh/Marvel/Revelator/Melee/SFV. I wish I could go again this year because last year was so much fun, but oh well. >:

DrArchon

I'm mainly gonna watch Melee, Smash 4, Pokken, and Revelator, but I'll probably catch the finals for all the games (except MKX, blargh). I just don't have it in me to try and focus on every game there, so whatever good SFV matches I miss I'll just watch them later when they inevitably show up on Youtube.

We better get some good announcements during this EVO. There's no better time to show off Dizzy, Arc!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom