• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolve going free2play on PC July 7th, consoles later, [Has major gameplay redesigns]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanpei

They still have hope for this game ? Man...

Even being f2p doesnt help this game...Those awards mean nothing, game is just so boring for us

I love this game. If you find a good group or play with friends it's a blast. However, it's been tough to find a good match. Hopefully this gives the game the boost it needs!

lordkosc

I wonder where i can get a cdkey or a boxed copy for around $5

I grabbed one off Amazon for $10, its worth it just to not have to grind unlock 19 characters.

Founders get this:
l5wQQum.jpg

and this:

LPIQYja.jpg

Also I think Season pass 1 and 2 content is unlocked for founders who bought it.

lordkosc

Amazon also has the season passes up, I might grab the first one for $15.

You know they are going to sell silver keys eventually, I wonder what a character will cost in terms of "keys".

DrArchon

I might actually give this game a chance now. I didn't want to buy it at launch because I wasn't sure if it was gonna be worth $60, then when the price dropped I didn't buy it because it was basically dead and I had other things to play.

But I'd be willing to give it a chance for no investment other than time. I'll just treat it like a demo.

Laws00

can't say that I at all care.

I just wish them the best.

I will always remember watching "Exclusive Interview about Evolve's "Successful" Launch" youtube video and dying laughing.

My friend was so amendment about me getting this game and convincing other people to get the game too as well. Jokes on them cause I didn't find anything redeeming about the game and when the other friends that did play and realize it they were in agreement with me as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moTvp6tamn4

PS4 version is $10 on Amazon. Worth picking up now for the later console F2P transition?
I'd wait for a bit. Right now the future of the console-versions depends on the success of the PC-version. So far the reception has been cool, but who knows where it'll be in a few weeks?

ryseing

I'd wait for a bit. Right now the future of the console-versions depends on the success of the PC-version. So far the reception has been cool, but who knows where it'll be in a few weeks?

Fair. I'll keep an eye on everything. Game always interested me but the DLC shit turned me off.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Hope it works out, Evolve is a ton of fun if you can get into it but I know the shitty DLC stuff turned off a lot of people.

Not sure about some of the changes they seem to be going for but I'm also not surprised that they mostly seem to make things easier in general since the game can be intimidating for newer players.

The extreme media hype beforehand was so weird. I'm still not convinced that Take Two didn't just get all those awards through bribery.

I thought that it was more that in a super closed environment like a media event the game seemed great because everyone was there together and the idea worked then. But it wasn't an experience you could replicate outside of a closed event.

I’ll defend this until I die…I feel this game was definitely worth it at full price. Or at most for some people, $40. The unique levels combined with all the combinations of hunters/monsters can make for countless combinations. Even if it is the same four hunters, fighting the same monster, everyone keeps their roles, in the same level, tactics can change based on geography and location, which can dramatically alter the battle. I love this game so much. I really dislike seeing the hate this game gets, because I feel a lot of people jumped on the train and didn’t give the game a fair try. Even though it has guns, you do not play it like any other shooter out there. Because there isn’t anything else like this out there. Just because you get the Medic doesn’t mean it’s not fun. Heck, being the only person keeping your team just barely away from the brink of death while whittling down the Monster is awesome. Just because you are the monster it doesn’t mean it isn’t fun. I’ve rolled over countless teams as a level 1 monster, it’s all about how you attack the environment, which is the hidden sixth player in the game. Learn the role, and you will enjoy it.

I hate to see it go f2p, but if it breathes new life into the franchise, then I am all for it. And for the record, I have the vanilla game, and the Ultimate Edition too. I’ve spent decent money on this game, and I have never felt ripped off in any way.
But it wasn't an experience you could replicate outside of a closed event.
I've had many, many amazing moments that could be considered E3 highlight reel material. It can happen no doubt, people just need to not play like idiots, and coordinate with their team i feel.

Lucifon

I got the ultimate edition from the XBox sale, different region pricing set me back about £13. So does that include both season passes when it goes F2P?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom