• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolve Ultimate Edition coming to PS4 and X1 on Nov 3

OEM

Dat peice must be an error. Right guys?

Game needs population, this is their chance to revive the community but with that price, it ain't happening.

What happened to all the talks about this game going f2p route

Anung

Un Rama
giphy.gif

Homer - Neogaf
The Cinema full of skeletons - Evolves online population.

BONKERS

My Xbox is telling me I have spent 474 hours playing this game. I think a portion of that must be in sleep mode or something, but I know I have nearly 300 hours played just as Goliath.

I would not recommend this game to anyone, really. At launch it was awesome, except for bugs and glitches. Stupid, needlessly misleading DLC chart aside, the games main problem is the devs tweaked the games meta way too much and never for the better. Now is a very shitty time to jump in. Vanilla hunt matchmaking has been replaced by Hunt 2.0, which takes FOREVERRRRRRRRRRRRR to find a match compared to vanilla Hunt, and has your normal ranked mode issues like people quitting because they don't get what they want or are losing, disconnects and no one can join in to replace them, people raging at bad players, etc etc.

I don't really blame the media for falling in love with the game the way they did. Played in short bursts with other players unfamiliar to its mechanics in a small social setting (all in the same room), I would imagine the game was amazing. But in reality it just didn't work out that way, which is probably why the pre-release buzz and metascore don't line up.

The funniest part about this (if the price is real) is that the DLC isn't even out yet. The first hunting pass and 4th monster are out. But the second hunting pass has only seen two of the four hunters released. Neither of the other two hunters or the monster have even been revealed let alone released. In fact in the fine print on the second hunting pass they only guarantee the content will release before like May 2016 or something LOL. I guess maybe this at least confirms the DLC should arrive before November 2nd.

Oh yeah, the game still has glitches and bugs that were present in the alpha, and beta. Glitches that badly fuck up the poster child monster Goliath and make him virtually worthless in high level play. And they have the nerve to pull this bullshit. LOL.
Sounds exactly like what Crytek did to Crysis 2, and based Crysis 3's entire MP game around.
High level balanced play? Lol fuck that. We need scrubs and noobs to feel like they are wrecking everyone else!
(Despite being totally different from C1's MP. Crysis 2 was very tailored to high level play with micromanagement of suit energy and an extremely fast pace.;including match length, which they also fucked up with patches)

im_dany

I can't believe how bad 2K is managing this...

They failed launching a shitload of DLCs at dayone, they failed at not cutting the price soon to keep the community alive, and now they're releasing the ultimate edition at full price?

They should ask EA a thing or two about how you should keep your multiplayer-based game alive (Titanfall & BF4)

kewlmyc

Worst thing is that it's an interesting game ruined by its publisher being greedy as fuck. Why the season pass doesn't include the monsters is baffling.

Luigiv

Lol at "Best of Show" accolades on a game that has long been released. Why aren't they using revie... oh....

the biggest problem i have with this game is the potential.

i adored playing left 4 dead.

the entire game feels like a good idea that had way too many people making decisions about the meta and smaller details.

soultron

Banned
I just hope TRS is doing OK. I follow their job postings and they seem to be hiring still, be it for support on Evolve or another project.

I liked the alpha but I ultimately had no time for this game since I was already so deep into my CSGO addiction at the time.

DrArchon

Are you for real 2K? You gonna sell the "GotY" edition (haha) the same year the first version came out and you're gonna sell it for full price? Get the fuck out of here you cheap bastards.

How much did they spend on this turd to have to make up for it with all of the DLC and this?

Needlecrash

Who the fuck is going to buy this shit? $60 for a GOTY edition? With Call of Booty and Battlefront coming out in the same month? Get that shit outta here.

Par Score

CM1f3nnUkAAq5kB.png:orig

Hilarious that the best they can do for box pulls is awards from a show a year before the game came out.

Evolve is the poster child for a game that shows well, is fun and exciting for 30 minutes under perfect conditions, but utterly crumbles when faced with the real world.

It's a flawed concept polished to a mirror shine, shattered by even the relatively short beta's worth of playtime.

MiguelItUp

Honestly though, this game would've probably done a lot better as a F2P game. I was shocked at the idea of them doing more DLC. I never would've thought they'd attempt something like this. It really does make absolutely no sense to me. I remember buying it for cheap because there was a small dry period, and was impressed at how quickly I was bored of the game.

Top Bottom