• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolve Ultimate Edition coming to PS4 and X1 on Nov 3

pantsmith

qbyAeVC.jpg

All those E3 awards, man

I sincerely doubt that the souls who worked tirelessly on this product wanted to go about DLC the way they did. Let the dude in the photo be proud of all his hard work :/

NeOak

My Xbox is telling me I have spent 474 hours playing this game. I think a portion of that must be in sleep mode or something, but I know I have nearly 300 hours played just as Goliath.

I would not recommend this game to anyone, really. At launch it was awesome, except for bugs and glitches. Stupid, needlessly misleading DLC chart aside, the games main problem is the devs tweaked the games meta way too much and never for the better. Now is a very shitty time to jump in. Vanilla hunt matchmaking has been replaced by Hunt 2.0, which takes FOREVERRRRRRRRRRRRR to find a match compared to vanilla Hunt, and has your normal ranked mode issues like people quitting because they don't get what they want or are losing, disconnects and no one can join in to replace them, people raging at bad players, etc etc.

I don't really blame the media for falling in love with the game the way they did. Played in short bursts with other players unfamiliar to its mechanics in a small social setting (all in the same room), I would imagine the game was amazing. But in reality it just didn't work out that way, which is probably why the pre-release buzz and metascore don't line up.

The funniest part about this (if the price is real) is that the DLC isn't even out yet. The first hunting pass and 4th monster are out. But the second hunting pass has only seen two of the four hunters released. Neither of the other two hunters or the monster have even been revealed let alone released. In fact in the fine print on the second hunting pass they only guarantee the content will release before like May 2016 or something LOL. I guess maybe this at least confirms the DLC should arrive before November 2nd.

Oh yeah, the game still has glitches and bugs that were present in the alpha, and beta. Glitches that badly fuck up the poster child monster Goliath and make him virtually worthless in high level play. And they have the nerve to pull this bullshit. LOL.

Ayyyy LMAO

Evolve.
Maaaaan.
I might have dropped money on this if I wasn't in the Beta.
Has such an incredibly short tail.
First time you play it: This is pretty awesome.
45 minutes later: I think I'm done.

I actually thought it was a fun game for the 4 to 6 weeks or so I played it ( except playing the monster I always found pretty boring). But it never really felt like a game with a ton of legs from a gameplay perspective unless you are super invested in it with a bunch of friends. And that's not a really huge number of people. I don't regret buying/playing it though.

Gurish

lol they are still hanging on those E3 awards they got ages ago, guess they can't be too proud of the reviews so they just keep this "game of the show" thing going instead.

mnannola

Is this coming out in 2015 because they don't want to have to pay a publication to throw them a GOTY award at the end of the year?

Illucio

Banned
So is this have all the DLC content...?

They should make it up to everyone and for like 1 week give everyone who bought this all the DLC, and people who haven't played yet pay the full price.

This is ridiculous that it's releasing this year with all the content when the game just launched 8 months ago.

Ugh, just seeing anything about this game makes me upset. This is probably the biggest gaming purchase regret I've ever had. I have so many Steam games that I've hardly played and I still think they gave me more value for my money.

Hope you learned from this shit, 2K. You did this.
I want 2K to see and learn from this too bu the cynic in me thinks they might be saying we did this. We obviously didn't want this game or any like it and didn't buy it because of that and no other reason so why even bother trying again with a non-shitty business model. I feel sad to even think that but...

bounchfx

any idea what the ultimate edition is?

I hope it's the game it always should have been from the beginning. One purchase, all the content.

not that it can be saved by that now, but.. would be nice to see them at least treat it right

Brofield

LOicMJA.gif

I honestly really enjoyed the beta when I played it at FanExpo last year 2014...and even at a discount, I still would have considered picking it up when I get a PS4.

But at $60? No better way to kill a hemmoraging community than full price. Nice knowing you; shame you couldn't have pulled off local multi on Wii U.

mollipen

At least Best Medic is on the cover.

I went back to Evolve recently, and while I'm glad you can now actually choose which side to jump into (Monster or Hunters), it still needs to let me pick my Hunter directly before I search for games. Have some sort of screen that shows player population, and let me decide if I'd get into a game quicker picking someone beyond my first choice, or if I want to wait it out.

Playing the "oh three preferred medics in this group, two will drop out once they don't get the class they want" just makes the search long anyhow.

dci260

Man oh man, do I regret spending $60 on this game. I feel even worse for anyone who buys into it now that the community is nearly dead.

This game boggles me. So much pre-release hype only to die on release. Serious question. Can this game be salvaged ( patches, updates, free more modes)? Is the gameplay redeemable? Destiny came back with a vengeance. I hope this don't kill turtle rock.
Destiny online never died though, destiny had a very solid population across all 4 consoles even during the content drought between Dark Below and House of Wolves. Even raid matchmaking through the multiple scattered external websites has kept on trucking the entire time (and DestinyGAF has made new records for number of OTs). I don't think Evolve and Destiny are on the same level at all.

I played a little bit of Evolve beta but the game didn't really grab me, it seemed too reliant on getting exactly the right balance between the monster player and the 4 hunters to be fun. Otherwise it's just a blowout one way or another. I'd rather play MH solo if I want to play a hunting game...

Walpurgis

Banned
choofed.gif

I love how on the Amazon page, the bullet points are just "Evolve Ultimate Edition"

AHIiQ2G.png
I had to click the link to believe it. This is hilarious.
Oh shit does that mean it includes the three skins for the monsters
jonah.gif

I sincerely doubt that the souls who worked tirelessly on this product wanted to go about DLC the way they did. Let the dude in the photo be proud of all his hard work :/
Never.

Top Bottom