• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolve's ‘Big Alpha’ test available worldwide from October 30

Status
Not open for further replies.

busch03

Neo Member
I tried to share a few of these but they didnt work, not sure if its a region thing so i though i would throw them out for everyone to try. Hopefully they work, sorry if they dont.

CODE for PlayStation 4:
72B2-4LNQ-T2JD
72B2-9NNB-AQK3
55N6-3JN9-3GHM

I tried to share a few of these but they didnt work, not sure if its a region thing so i though i would throw them out for everyone to try. Hopefully they work, sorry if they dont.

CODE for PlayStation 4:
72B2-4LNQ-T2JD
72B2-9NNB-AQK3
55N6-3JN9-3GHM

Got this one. Thanks!!

This isn't to say the game is horrible. It's a lot of fun when everyone is good and playing correctly. But that's also its biggest flaw.

Even though Jeff Gerstmann hates everything, I agree with him on this game. It's the best game I'll never play.
Kinda sounds like Left 4 Dead, but without the hilarious shit that can happen in L4D when people are playing badly. I guess L4D has the advantage of AI zombies provoking interesting situations even when the antagonist player(s) are poor or absent.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Kinda sounds like Left 4 Dead, but without the hilarious shit that can happen in L4D when people are playing badly. I guess L4D has the advantage of AI zombies provoking interesting situations even when the antagonist player(s) are poor or absent.

This can still have elements of hilarity like that with the AI monsters. I watched a stream last night where the whole team was dead except for the Assault, who tried to plant landmines and run away. He run right up to this monster that tries to camo as a rock and it grabbed/killed him. They do have some of the L4D mechanics where you get stuck without help from a teammate with the bigger monsters and some plant traps.

Also I see a lot of people get fucked up by some water monster thing. I stay the hell away from water in this game.

Can someone make a begging thread because this is getting rediculous with code begging/offers.

Anyways, initial (albeit very short) impressions are fairly negative.

Traversal in this game might be some of the worst I've ever played in an FPS before. The odd kind of automatic sprinting system combined with the incredibly annoying limitations of boost--which wouldn't be so bad if so many obstacles like high terrain required-the mechanic--ends up being a big enough negative on its own without the moment to moment gameplay being somewhat tedious.

Even with randoms we all did our jobs. As the medic I was healing. Got some tranq shots into the monster to slow him down, which allowed our trapper to trap him, and then the chaotic battle began inside the trappers dome, where we lost a couple of guys but ended up killing the monster.

There seems to be some wonderfully balanced and well imagined mechanics in play here--but the game isn't intuitive at all.

I'll give it some more time though.

EL CUCO

Anybody else seeing it super duper slow to download the Alpha on PS4?

I have 100 down on wired, so I know it's not on my end.

This can still have elements of hilarity like that with the AI monsters. I watched a stream last night where the whole team was dead except for the Assault, who tried to plant landmines and run away. He run right up to this monster that tries to camo as a rock and it grabbed/killed him. They do have some of the L4D mechanics where you get stuck without help from a teammate with the bigger monsters and some plant traps.

Also I see a lot of people get fucked up by some water monster thing. I stay the hell away from water in this game.
That's good to hear. L4D is probably the most divergent game experience I've ever had: terrible with pubs, sublime with friends. If Evolve is anything like that, I'll be happy.

Lulubop

I guess I'm automatically in since I was in the Alpha a few months back. It's already in my library, I might be interested to play with some peeps.

Can someone make a begging thread because this is getting rediculous with code begging/offers.

Anyways, initial (albeit very short) impressions are fairly negative.

Traversal in this game might be some of the worst I've ever played in an FPS before. The odd kind of automatic sprinting system combined with the incredibly annoying limitations of boost--which wouldn't be so bad if so many obstacles like high terrain required-the mechanic--ends up being a big enough negative on its own without the moment to moment gameplay being somewhat tedious.

Even with randoms we all did our jobs. As the medic I was healing. Got some tranq shots into the monster to slow him down, which allowed our trapper to trap him, and then the chaotic battle began inside the trappers dome, where we lost a couple of guys but ended up killing the monster.

There seems to be some wonderfully balanced and well imagined mechanics in play here--but the game isn't intuitive at all.

I'll give it some more time though.
There is an impressions thread over here actually: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=922078

TheFatMan

Anybody else seeing it super duper slow to download the Alpha on PS4?

I have 100 down on wired, so I know it's not on my end.

I downloaded the entire game in less than two hours, I'm not sure how long it actually took as I started it up and didn't come back for two hours....I felt that was an acceptable amount of time to download a game.

That being said, you are not the first person I have seem comment on slow downloads so maybe something is up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom