• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EXCITEBIKE WORLD RALLY

geebee

Banned
Online Excitebike? I've been wanting that for a looong time.

Also that male host's lazy eye was creeping the fuck out of me during the close-ups..

theluma

Form the little I've played of the original...I never quite got the mechanics. How come sometimes B makes you just jitter and other times gives you a boost?

Also, what determines who falls over in a crash?

celebi23

Metroid Killer said:
Track-Editor
Pop-up hills from ExciteTruck
2009 Remake with motion control

Excite-Bike.JPG

He's fucking back bitches!

Retro music!
Title Screen
Track Selection
PicoPict Remix

QFT :D

Jazzem

Haha awesome! Do love the original ExciteBike, always thought it should have multiplayer too. I'd like to see a few more NES games revitalized for Wii/DSi-Ware, Ice Climber/Wrecking Crew/Mach Rider/Balloon Fight anyone?

theluma said:
Form the little I've played of the original...I never quite got the mechanics. How come sometimes B makes you just jitter and other times gives you a boost?

Also, what determines who falls over in a crash?

There's a bar at the bottom of the screen that fills up as you boost. If it gets full, you'll overheat and have to stop for a bit. The Excite- games are all about trying to boost as much as possible while not overdoing it.

As for crashing, if a biker goes into the back of another one, the one at the back will ultimately take the fall. That's why I think the game'll be great in multiplayer, as there's a strategy there of trying to back into other riders just behind you. Could be pretty hilarious!

d+pad

First of all: This is *Awesome* (yes, with a capital 'a') news. I'm a bit sad that more people aren't excited for it, but all that really matters is that it's coming out and I'm going to buy it Day 1.

Second: If Nintendo releases an updated Balloon Fight (or, as someone else here mentioned earlier, Balloon Kid), I'll take the bus over to Redmond and offer sexual favors to every employee of NOA :D

Hiltz

Okay, Nintendo. You got me. You not only surprised me but made me very happy. This was unexpected.

ExciteBike Wiiware!! And here I thought Nintendo wasn't doing enough to support their own downloadable platform.

Wiiware sure has a lot of potentially great upcoming games including Cave Story, Night Sky, Castlevania Rebirth, La Mulana, Bit.Trip Void, Zombie Panic in Wonderland Max & The Magic Marker, And Yet it Moves, Muscle March (for Europe at least) and now .... Excitebike: World Ralley.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
deepbrown said:
Gawd...those two need to be punched in the face.

The woman (Allison, apparently?) needs to be kissed in the face

so hawt

oh and Excitebikes remake is cool too. =P

This is what WiiWare was made for. I love the look as well. Takes me back to my childhood where everything seemed new and interesting.

I wonder if this could be the game IGN have been hyping - it does seem to fit on a fair few criteria :lol

Anyway, looks great and I hope we get a Euro announcement sometime soon (poor Excitebots...)

theluma

Cosmonaut X said:
I wonder if this could be the game IGN have been hyping - it does seem to fit on a fair few criteria :lol

Anyway, looks great and I hope we get a Euro announcement sometime soon (poor Excitebots...)

It was. 99.9% sure.

CoolS

Cosmonaut X said:

Yeah, this fits the IGN criteria perfectly. They described it spot on too. Suck that IGN haters!

entremet

Nice surprise. Hopefully we'll more classic remakes from Nintendo's earlier catalog with similar touch ups. WiiWare is perfect for this since many of these games are made for bite sized gaming.

Nicktals

Banned
Monster Games developed? I hope they pretty much lifted the online from ExciteBots (with some improvements made...I don't remember exactly, but there was something dumb in EB where you had to be in a lobby in order to see who was online, or something...or you couldn't invite people to your lobby. They had to go search for friend lobbies and then see yours. But it was almost always really solid once you got into a game.).

Anyways, I can guarantee you I am going to blow an enormous amount of hours on this game. And it's coming so soon!! This is exactly the type of thing I want from WiiWare.

entremet

Regulus Tera said:
This better not be the game IGN was talking about.
What else could it be? Nintendo has been pretty conservative with their original WiiWare releases. Which is sad since Nintendo has such a great back catalog, that is full of games that can be redone with additional online features.

GWX

Holy shit, that looked impressive! Will buy.

I miss the original Excitebike so much... It was one of the most played games in my childhood.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
entrement said:
What else could it be? Nintendo has been pretty conservative with their original WiiWare releases. Which is sad since Nintendo has such a great back catalog, that is full of games that can be redone with additional online features.

I really was hoping for Vitality Sensor Luigi's Mansion 2. :(

I just have never been a fan of the Excite series.

JdFoX187

Banned
Wow, I've been waiting for something like this since the Wii came out. Online multiplayer to boot! Will be the first Wiiware game I buy.

Kard8p3

If this is the game IGN was talking about then what was that other IGN guy talking about? He said the success of the game he spoke of relied on how successful some gameplay gimmick was implemented.

Davey Cakes

Jazzem said:
I'd like to see a few more NES games revitalized for Wii/DSi-Ware, Ice Climber/Wrecking Crew/Mach Rider/Balloon Fight anyone?
Kid Icarus done in classic fashion would be nice, especially if they included difficulty levels for those who couldn't quite handle the original.

Wow, that music brought me back. Those two people though... Ugh... Make them go away. We need a edited version of this on youtube. Would make trailer *1000 better.

Davey Cakes

And, just like Excitebots, it comes out in a matter of weeks. Two weeks, actually.

Also, I really don't mind the silliness of the Nintendo Week show and its hosts. There's actually some personality here, even though it's a bit childish. These aren't just serious hardcore video game nerds; they act like the kind of people you'd think would enjoy the offerings on Wii and DS. They are family-friendly in a more quirky way.

Speevy

Banned
I'm all for revisiting the classics, but do these guys not know they made a really, really good 3D Excitebike?

Top Bottom