• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Exo One - Xbox Series X Announcement Trailer

Kind of Zenned out while playing it. Then the notice for Mortal Shell download was ready to play and snapped out of it. Wished I had just kept playing the Gravity ball game instead.

Kacho

If you did, there is no screen tearing. That is why. Quit whining and get a better TV rather than bitching about the game. And yes, most people do have VRR capable TV's now. I got mine last year cheap.
Yes, we're all aware that VRR capable TVs eliminate screen tearing, but expecting people to rush out and buy one as a band aid for poorly optimized games on Series X is absurd. I bought a 4K HDR TV back in 2017 so it will be a while before I get another one.

Exo One isn't the only game with this issue btw. Basically all cross gen Ubi games have this problem as well. I expected better from Series X hardware. What a shame.

Outlier

Haha. Played it yesterday and beat it in less than 2 hours.

Here's my steam review: Steam Review

I wanted more...

Pros:
Unique experience.
Visually interesting.
Doesn't overstay it's welcome.

Cons:
No real story.
Not very engaging.
Too short.

If $15 for a 1.5-2 hour soft-core visual thrill ride sounds like a good time to you, then go for it.

As for me, it was just OKAY. Could have been better with more environments or more coherent story. Otherwise it's a shallow and confusing experience.

Vangellis

I played and beat this on Gamepass. Found it to be really fantastic, although I don't think this is for everyone. Its super zen and more of an experience than a game, which I like since it just feels very different.

I think if you like space/flying sim games, 2001 space odyssey, interstellar and abstract stuff you will love this. Kinda of an art piece. If you like clear stories, and a lot of structure you will probably hate it.

Personally I loved it.

Protocol7

Ohhh hmmm yeah im on sx. How bad is the pop in for you? I didnt notice anything with the textures. If your xbox is having issues you would see stuff like that in all games
Sorry realised I sounded bitchy, didn't mean too.
So yeah it's the only game so far doing that, but it's cool no biggy. Still having fun :)

Protocol7

So since I refunded they have put out a patch that says:

"Version: 21.11.24.0103 - Frame rate hitching hopefully improved or fixed completely"

Which is great but I can't buy it again just yet due to my refund being stuck in limbo and cash is a bit tight to just rebuy it before then. Heres hoping its related to what I'm bumpfing on about, I've messaged Alex from DF on Discord to see what he thinks but I don't think I'll get a reply because he probably abandoned that username a while ago due too many questions from people like me lol.
Interesting, will check it out.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
This is playable on Series S right? I kept seeing in the trailer it just says Series X and PC.

Kuranghi

Interesting, will check it out.

Its much better but still some stutters remain even when locked to 30hz for me. I'm gonna wait til I can brute force through that when I get new rig next year.

My main issue is the camera panning stutter thats either intentional or the dev doesn't see it and therefore can't fix it. I don't even want to describe it to you because it will ruin your experience. I've seen it in every footage I've ever found of the game.

Its not stutter in the sense of frametime spikes, its literally like a half-rate animation or something. I can "fix" it by playing at 120hz, where the panning at 60hz looks much smoother ofc but I wanted to play such a game at 4K60 so I'm waiting.

edit - This is on Steam btw, not console patch notes, sorry pal.

Last edited:
Top Bottom