• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Explain Your Username

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCRS

Banned
images

Behold my imagination!

I can't remember exactly, but I think I stole it off someone else, actually. I don't use it anywhere else.

This is a pretty interesting thread.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
was massively into the Lord of the Rings books, parents got the internet, heard about the movies, searched the net for every bit of information i could find about their production, stumbled upon theonering.net, joined their IRC, needed to choose a name, Gandalf was my favourite character, name was already taken and so was Stormcrow (another name for Gandalf), contracted it to S-Crow, decided i didn't like punctuation in my name, changed it to Scrow.

scrotum

DY3tW.jpg

I'm just as much of a bastard as he is, if I were a gargoyle, I too would just hang around, sitting on skulls and fly into people who annoy me. With that said, I too like having scantily clad men around me. :>

TheContact

In dark age of Camelot (daoc) I was in a guild called LARFO and everyone in the guild had a name like Garfo, Varfo etc...

I just kept it from there on

In dark age of Camelot (daoc) I was in a guild called LARFO and everyone in the guild had a name like Garfo, Varfo etc...

I just kept it from there on

Those clans are the best. I was in a Quake 3-clan, I forgot the name, but it started with "Co-", and all of the members had names that started with "Co", so there were Conjurer, Cosinus, Cooperator, etc. I was Countess, cause they thought I was a girl, haha.

8YryK.jpg

I don't mind them.

chd_tick_engorged.jpg

kewlmyc

My name is Mychal, hence the "myc" part of my username. I added kewl because I saw it used on Codename KND and never seen it spelled that way before. Kewlmyc was my first email address (13 at the time). Name kinda just stuck.

Went through a big classic rock phase in high school, liked van halen enough to make a youtube account with a username similar to this one. The name stuck with me, so I kept it.

hylje

hylje - seal in finnish

Got nicknamed in IRL somewhere around 1990's. I had a "seal" in my waist after the army.

Xun

I wanted to differentiate my usernames a bit, so this was simply a section of another one backwards.

I regret it in some ways, but eh, I was 16.

I've been on GAF for 6 years, holy shit.

I had my name as a user name by mistake. I asked mod to change it something and suggested few names I think. This was chosen. Nothing particular about it.

braves01

Banned
braves = Atlanta Braves

01= the year I first needed a user name for something, which coincidentally was also a period in my life when I was watching the Atlanta Braves a lot.

Was signing up for IM or something about 8 years ago and didn't like the username I was using at the time so I was looking to get something else and no matter what I tried to use it was already taken so I mashed the keyboard in frustration and 'maklershed' popped up and I thought it sounded like it could mean something so I went with it.

dude

dude
It just popped in my head while making the account.Had several advantages:
* Cool
* Slightly pretentious
* Ungoogleable

I actually was very surprised it wasn't taken.

It was the first time I ever made an online name for myself, and I loved dragons... I wanted "dragon" in there somewhere, but didn't know what to add to it. "Life" popped into my head, and it seemed like a good fit, if only because saying "dragonlife" was smooth. My name actually made no sense, but I liked how it sounded. If dragonlife is taken, I will use dragonlife29.

wetwired

I used to be a massive X-files fan, like nutjob case fan.

back when I first got online on dial up in about 1998 I used to run by "M.F. Luder" an anagram Fox Mulder used to use on the X-files. I'm not sure what prompted the change but in about 1999 I changed to Wetwired, one of my favourite episode names at the time.

Turns out the word actually originated from a william gibson novel and basically means to plug your brain into a computer, matrix style, which I also loved when it came out and it even inspired me to take up a hobby which I've now been doing for 11 years professionally.

Oli

I always use derivatives of the name Olimar, from the game Pikmin. Olimar_91, OlimarDP, MilkyOlimar, Oli.

Blablurn

when i made my nickname i had this idea in my head: "u got one second, whats the first name or expression that comes up in ur mind?" ... and it was Blablurn. And i love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom