• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Extant - Halle Berry sci-fi show - CBS Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vert boil

extant14io3h.gif

This kid needs a Tony award nom.

Julie: ;(

That episode was awesome.

All you nay-sayers got your answers now:

• Alien spore life is trying to reproduce and has managed to get to earth now
  • Ethan is learning the hard way what life is really like, paving the way for robosupremacy when he grows up
  • Julian got sexy robo legs, and she is probably going to be key to the robot uprising.
  • The alien spore life is probably related to the comet with the goo that kills, maybe the comet goo is a dead spore lifeform - which is why it doesn't have the regenerative properties the Japanese CEO want (in order to avoid dying)

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives

• Ethan is learning the hard way what life is really like, paving the way for robosupremacy when he grows up
  • Julian got sexy robo legs, and she is probably going to be key to the robot uprising.
  • The alien spore life is probably related to the comet with the goo that kills, maybe the comet goo is a dead spore lifeform - which is why it doesn't have the regenerative properties the Japanese CEO want (in order to avoid dying)

I agree I liked last night's show. It's going well.

Vert boil

Just in case some missed the news, they are broadcasting two new episodes tonight and the final two episodes next Wednesday to close out the season. 9pm to 11pm ET/PT both nights.

maxcriden

Just in case some missed the news, they are broadcasting two new episodes tonight and the final two episodes next Wednesday to close out the season. 9pm to 11pm ET/PT both nights.

So psyched. Really loving this. The last episode was terrifying. I love how the characters have agency, are smart, and can actually figure out what's going on around them.

hwalker84

So psyched. Really loving this. The last episode was terrifying. I love how the characters have agency, are smart, and can actually figure out what's going on around them.

I like it too. Chances look slim for season 2. Hopefully they wrap this season up well.

Vert boil

Looks like I was wrong about last night being the end of the season. Sorry about that.

Looks like they are going back to one episode a week for the next three weeks.

Ricker

Looks like I was wrong about last night being the end of the season. Sorry about that.

Looks like they are going back to one episode a week for the next three weeks.

Lol I was watching and with 10 minutes left I was how the fuck are they going to close this up in that little time left ;) ...they are kinda dragging things out a bit now but it's still ok.

Fine, I'll watch again.

This is the worst show ever. I really liked the pilot, but it jumped the shark so quickly. It's terribly written and directed, there is so much wrong with this!

I can't stop watching.

An absolute trainwreck.

I can't wait for next week's episode!

JaMarco

Watched it this morning and found myself enjoying it surprisingly. Hope it doesn't pull another Almost Human but I'll keep watching. :( Also I don't know why but I got really interested in that sci fi trash can hahaha
What's pulling an Almost Human?

I have no idea what's going on after the last episode.

Is that a fullgrown alien spore lifeform on the space station controlling those other people and creating the illusion of the female astronaut? The alien spore kid is like walking about alone now? Why do the luddites want the robokid dead, but not actually kill him while they got the chance?

hwalker84

Is that a fullgrown alien spore lifeform on the space station controlling those other people and creating the illusion of the female astronaut? The alien spore kid is like walking about alone now? Why do the luddites want the robokid dead, but not actually kill him while they got the chance?

No one does.

Vlad

You don't need to spoiler tag things that have already aired.

Is that a fullgrown alien spore lifeform on the space station controlling those other people and creating the illusion of the female astronaut?

Apparently so, I'm assuming we'll find out more in future episodes.

The alien spore kid is like walking about alone now?

Apparently so, I'm assuming we'll find out more in future episodes

Why do the luddites want the robokid dead, but not actually kill him while they got the chance?

Well, Odin put what seemed like a bomb in Ethan, so I'm guessing it's going to be more of a "oh, this technology exploded and killed a bunch of people, we need less technology!" kind of scenario.

Vlad

So... yeah.

Among any other issues I might have had with the show, was anybody else a bit turned around by the whole Katie thing? So the original Katie was on board the Aruna, when it was attacked by the spores. She puts herself into a coma and ejects into a lifeboat-type thing. She's conveniently picked up by a different ship at the same time that the Seraphim is redirected to crash land into earth. This ship meets back up with the Seraphim and delivers the newly-awoken Katie. Katie doesn't mention anything about being infected, her own offspring is born, Alien-style, and instead of being an offspring is a clone of some sort? Full-grown, no less? Where were all the spores coming from? The Katie-Clone-Offspring? If so, why weren't they coming from Molly's offspring? If the idea was for these spores to get to earth, then it looks like they made it. For that matter, if they can seemingly exist just fine outside of a host, why not just stow away on one of the ships heading back to earth? Impregnating someone in order to have the eventual offspring convince that person to crash a space station just seems unnecessary complicated.

Oh, and speaking of other issues:

- I get that the Seraphim might have some sort of auto-avoidance protocol, but the computer's reaction to being told that it's about to hit some asteroids is to redirect itself to crash into Earth?

- Soooo... Yasomoto's dead, right? He was in ISEA custody (I guess they're law enforcement as well as a space agency?) and they just kind of left him there without his super serum and with a few days left to live. What was with his obsession with Ethan, anyway? I'm guessing that his backup plan was to transfer his consciousness into a similar body, and he even mentioned something hinting at that, but then that plotline was kind of dropped.

- Why was there no mention of what should be a worldwide manhunt for the alien offspring carrying world-ending spores that's just wandering around loose? Why bother making such a big deal of Molly and Sean being infected and then just brush it under the rug with the "five days later?". That's a quick quarrantine.

- And speaking of Katie, if that really was the original Katie that ended up on the Seraphim (and the show was making it seem like it wasn't with the whole "no life signs" thing), then why did Sean say that it looked like her body had been where it was for a while. It seemed like she was only on the station for a day or so.

Despite a promising set up/pilot (although I might have been drunk), this is one of the worst shows I've seen. I ended up just watching it because it was so bad, that it became fun.

Absolutely ridiculous. That speech/lift-off sequence in the finale was extremely hilarious and corny. And there are so many plot holes it isn't even funny. Half the time I was yelling out the lines characters would say, before they said it. As if they had an algorithm write the script.

Season 2 premiered tonight. I don't know if anyone still watches this show but I do.

It definitely has a different flavor than last season. I heard they changed showrunners and it shows.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Enjoyed that first episode(of season 2) last night. The Governor and Comedian will be good additions to the cast.

I stopped watching after getting several episodes in last year. I was maybe four away from the finale, if that.

Can anyone explain what happened at the end, what with her boss and the pregnancy? The show got too dumb for me.

RS4-

I don't remember what ep I stopped at, I think it was when they met the Japanese dude.

Worth picking up where I left off?

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Season 2 premiered tonight. I don't know if anyone still watches this show but I do.

It definitely has a different flavor than last season. I heard they changed showrunners and it shows.

My gf and I caught an episode of this last week, we thought it was the premier, but it sounds like this actually had a season last year? Yeah, this thread is a year old, LOL. So Jeffrey Dean Morgan wasn't in the first season?

I kind of liked it, maybe I'll have to "catch up" and watch S1.

So I finally watched the first season, not bad. The show has its faults, but it is plenty of good fun. Season 2 already appears to be an improvement. Hope it continues to improve

basik

I dont get why the black kid died at the first episode this season? they told halle he had a seizure? or maybe hes not really dead and they are holding him.... or the aliens transferred themselves into that baby in the room...for reasons.

I dont get why the black kid died at the first episode this season? they told halle he had a seizure? or maybe hes not really dead and they are holding him.... or the aliens transferred themselves into that baby in the room...for reasons.

I had thought he was that new lightskin guy that was sleeping with everyone

The Alien Hybrid got tired of the kid crying and did something. Then the Alien Hybrid was found on the floor. She was told he died here.

I had thought he was that new lightskin guy that was sleeping with everyone

That's the Alien Hybrid, well... the first one at least.

anybody still watching this?

Meh, occasionally. I like the new feel and direction, but I usually forget it's on.

I've been watching but thought the thread was dead. I'm glad to see it's still kicking because I'm actually enjoying the show a lot more than the first season.

I'm glad they dropped of the self-seriousness of the first season. Halle Berry looks like she's having fun with her role now.

I started watching the show a while ago but dropped it. I've since marathoned through every available episode.

I actually quite enjoy it but I'm not entirely sure where they're going to go with it now, other than the obvious... which doesn't seem all that interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom