• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F1 2011 |OT| Not bad for a number 2 game

Lucius86

Banned
untitled-2snjxy.png

END OF SEASON VID

Mad_Ban

Awesome video, awesome championship, awesome racing, awesome people.

I'll see you all in pCARS TT and in F1 2012 :)

Also well done Lucius. It's been amazing racing against you and I only hope it's the same in 2012!

Risgroo

Great video! I'll buy a new PC soon, so I should be able to race with you guys in F1 2012. Really enjoyed following/stalking your championship, great job by everyone involved.

kharma45

I'll get my highlights of our final race up at some point.

Figured out why my driver kept crashing, my overclock on my GPU was too high, no idea why it changed without me doing anything to it.

Lach

Great Vid Lucius! Loved it! And congrats on the title.

Sorry about today. Decided for a longer weekend on short notice and totally forgot about the last race.

See you all in F1 2012!

end-of-season-banner6sjdu.png

race-resultsuhk4k.png

current-driver-standiu5k86.png

current-constructor-s5kjx9.png

Yes, that's right - PHLEG IS THE CHAMPION!

To understand why, check out this news piece: BREAKING NEWS - Lucius86 Stripped of Championship

jkz

current-driver-standiu3ksc.png

untitled-1c0zfl.png

This will be the last NeoGAF league as you know it. Don't worry, though - Lucius and I have something awesome planned for F1 2012 that we hope you'll all be excited about. Look out for info on that over the next few weeks!

I'll leave you with that tease, and one extra thanks to Kyaw for the graphics work each week (though I made the above image - even he can't make something that awesome)

iIHwYZhIm00HS.gif

Mad_Ban

Personally I think the penalty should have been applied, going for authenticity and all ;)

2575 hours raced, and 250 of those were mine D:

Shaneus

Worthy of this thread, because it's the main reason I unsubscribed. It was pissing me off that much:

Hadn't fired this up in a while, but figured that I should give it a crack just with DX9 running to see if I could enjoy the game behind the graphics.

I couldn't. It was frustrating me too damn much.

But, believe it or not, I've found a working PERMANENT solution to get DX11 running *properly*. Here's proof:
MJ06x.jpg

(apparently can't post links yet, but you know what you need to do to get that URL working)
(you'll notice that even though it says there's one 5800 series card, it has 3gb memory... impossible for that series card unless it's seeing the RAM from the other GPUs. Only shows up as 1gb if you disable CFX completely)

The answer? XP "compatibility mode". Just find the .exe, right-click/properties, go to Compatibility and choose XP SP3. After doing this, I noticed that in Fraps (on my G15 keyboard, but the OSD may show the same thing) said "D3D_DX11". Changed compat. mode to something else... dropped back to DX9. Best thing is, it actually seems to use (in my case) all three GPUs.

Performance could be better (and I'm going to tweak the heck out of it so it sits at a flat 60fps) but it's definitely better than the alternative.

Enjoy :)

That end of season video was rather well made, nice!

I hope 2012's game starts on a better foot without connection problems and glitches.

Top Bottom