• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F1 2013 announced (PC/360/PS3)

zakislam

KYBlvzn.jpg

Trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6nDP9QghBw

Gameplay - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L28u26jFWWo

Preview - http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/f..._hands-on_an_experience_for_the_hardcore.html

Codemasters® today announced that F1™ 2013 will launch worldwide this autumn for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft®, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and Windows PC. This year’s title will feature a new gameplay mode called F1 Classics giving fans the chance to race classic cars on iconic circuits against legendary drivers for the first time in Codemasters’ award-winning series.

To mark the announcement, Codemasters has released a trailer teasing some of the iconic cars that will feature in F1 Classics, showcasing a brief evolution of FORMULA ONE cars through the years to present day.

Developed by Codemasters as part of an exclusive multi-year deal with Formula One World Championship Limited, the game will be available worldwide in two editions: F1 2013 and at selected retailers: F1 2013: CLASSIC EDITION.

F1 2013 will feature all the cars, circuits and star drivers from the 2013 season, allowing gamers to race as Lewis Hamilton in his Mercedes and Sergio Perez in the McLaren-Mercedes for the first time, and includes all of the new drivers, updated rules, tyre changes and remodelled handling to authentically reflect the challenge and exhilaration of racing 2013’s stunning roster of FORMULA ONE™ cars. A range of game enhancements, split-screen and online multiplayer, plus new and returning game modes delivers the most complete FORMULA ONE experience in videogame history.

F1 2013 gives FORMULA 1™ fans the chance to compete against legendary drivers in cars from different eras of FORMULA ONE with a range of classic content from the 1980s. F1 Classics, introduced by legendary broadcaster Murray Walker, allows players to race iconic 1980s cars from Williams, Lotus and Ferrari against drivers including Mario Andretti, Nigel Mansell, Emerson Fittipaldi and Gerhard Berger, with more to be announced, on classic circuits Brands Hatch and Jerez. Classic content is also available in a range of other game modes, including split-screen and online multiplayer modes.

The premium F1 2013: CLASSIC EDITION available at selected retailers delivers even more classic content with two additional content packs featuring content from the 1990s and additional circuits to be enjoyed in F1 Classics and other game modes. The 1990s pack includes classic cars from both Williams and Ferrari and drivers such as David Coulthard, Jacques Villeneuve, Eddie Irvine and Alain Prost and others.

The two packs included in F1 2013: CLASSIC EDITION will also be available as optional DLC for players of F1 2013 shortly after release.

To further extend players’ FORMULA ONE experience in the game and beyond the box, RaceNet, Codemasters’ free online community hub, is fully integrated with F1 2013. F1 2012 launched with RaceNet in beta mode and has already seen over 36 million races completed by registered members. In F1 2013 RaceNet, which launched in full with GRID 2™, will offer connected players regular in-game challenges, community-wide challenges, visual stats and game progress updates to compare with their friends. Access for players is free via desktop, mobile or via dedicated apps allowing players to stay connected to their F1 2013 experience and their progress in other Codemasters racing games, wherever they are.

F1 2013 and F1 2013: CLASSIC EDITION will be published by Codemasters and distributed by Namco Bandai Games Europe S.A.S in Europe. To get all the latest F1 2013 news straight from the studio, race over to www.facebook.com/formula1game or follow the team on twitter at www.twitter.com/formula1game.

Foshy

Holy shit, Imola. Great track.

Still not enough to convince me to get it though. Ridiculous that there are no next-gen versions.

Ridiculous, DLC I can understand but they are putting out separate games with deliberate cut content?

Codemasters handling of this property has been ridiculous, can't wait till it expires.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
No PS4, No One, No Wii U, No 3DS, No Vita..not even iOS.

please FIA don't renew the F1 license to this incompetent studio.

Adamm

Ridiculous, DLC I can understand but they are putting out separate games with deliberate cut content?

Codemasters handling of this property has been ridiculous, can't wait till it expires.

Couldn't agree more! Its a joke that they release two separate versions
A bonus driver or car I can understand, but thats quite a difference in the two versions.

SGRU

(taken from the recently closed thread)

Sony should acquire the licence back and either resurrect Studio Liverpool or let Polyphony Digital see what they could do with it.

YES please.

I love F1 and I would kill for a F1 game that doesn't sucks. At least a game that doesn't sucks as much as Codemasters games does.

I think the F1 is the perfect license for Sony, what are they waiting for?

Certinty

Looks like 2012 with classic content added.

I bought 2010, 2011 and 2012 at launch but right now I'm giving this a pass. Quite disappointed to be honest.

Dits

Really haven't enjoyed Codies F1 attempts so far. Will be keeping an eye on it but not expecting much. Classic modes is a nice idea

amar212

I think the F1 is the perfect license for Sony, what are they waiting for?

To recuperate from loses that previous ownership of F1 license produced for them, despite license was cheaper and development costs was lower.

If reports from 2008/09 were accurate, Bernie asked for 15 million annualy for F1 license. Sony aborted, EA aborted, Activision changed their mind and left Bizzare to die while Codemasters said "okay".

Cunning plan I say.

Kiraly

Holy fuck so basically two different SKUs? Where I imagine one will be a lot more expensive than the standard for games.

Fuck you Codemasters you pieces of shit

Shaneus

From the other thread:
Are they going to simulate tire failures at Silverstone and the changes in compounds throughout the season?
They simulated it last year on all tracks with all cars.

Hope CM loses the license after this one.
Oh god yes.

Thing is, who would pick it up? EA? Ubi? Activision?

Codemasters might be the best place for it at the moment.
I'd rather it not ha...
No F1 game at all will be still better than Codemasters shitty F1 games.
Yes. This.

Thank christ, Reiza have the license to do an official Senna game. And it will be god-damned GLORIOUS.

To recuperate from loses that previous ownership of F1 license produced for them, despite license was cheaper and development costs was lower.

If reports from 2008/09 were accurate, Bernie asked for 15 million annualy for F1 license. Sony aborted, EA aborted, Activision changed their mind and left Bizzare to die while Codemasters said "okay".

Cunning plan I say.
Know what would be great? If Lucid were getting the band back together to work on an F1 game just like '97.

Still wish Activision ponied up though. Could've had something beautiful with Bizarre doing it. All it would've cost them is 1% of what the CoD series was pulling in.

Looks like 2012 with classic content added.

I bought 2010, 2011 and 2012 at launch but right now I'm giving this a pass. Quite disappointed to be honest.
Pretty much this.

Watching the hot lap videos if you told me it was F1 2011 or 2012 I wouldn't have called you a liar unless I paid attention to the detailing of the cars.

It seems all they've done for 2013 is update the liveries, made sure the cars are up to date with design and then added the classic stuff.

Only if you want all of the classic stuff you will have to pay extra. No chance.

acm2000

quit shitting the bed over no next gen versions, they will come eventually, not really financially viable for this game and it would most likely be a hack job up-port which you would all moan about yet again

Shaneus

http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/f1_2013/features/article/f1_2013_hands-on_an_experience_for_the_hardcore.html

The standard edition won't feature updates like Lewis on Mercedes or the new rules and tyres. Crazy
You misread:
F1 2013 will come in two editions: standard and classic. The former will feature all the updates from the 2013 season: Hamilton’s switch to Mercedes, Perez’s move to Mclaren and all the updated rules and tyre changes.

BTW Am I wrong in thinking the watermark in this screenshot should be left in for photo mode in the final version?

Kiraly

http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/f1_2013/features/article/f1_2013_hands-on_an_experience_for_the_hardcore.html

The standard edition won't feature updates like Lewis on Mercedes or the new rules and tyres. Crazy

You read that wrong.

F1 2013 will come in two editions: standard and classic. The former will feature all the updates from the 2013 season: Hamilton’s switch to Mercedes, Perez’s move to Mclaren and all the updated rules and tyre changes. Some of the content from the latter is included in the basic F1 2013 release, but the actual Classic Edition includes two extra content packs from the 1990s, plus additional tracks.

Foshy

Come on, we know it will be shit but it's not that bad.

F1 2013 will come in two editions: standard and classic. The former will feature all the updates from the 2013 season: Hamilton’s switch to Mercedes, Perez’s move to Mclaren and all the updated rules and tyre changes. Some of the content from the latter is included in the basic F1 2013 release, but the actual Classic Edition includes two extra content packs from the 1990s, plus additional tracks. For anyone who picks up the standard version, all classic content will be available as DLC following the game’s September release. The way it was described during the unveiling came across as a bundled-in season pass.

Jezbollah

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Holy fuck so basically two different SKUs? Where I imagine one will be a lot more expensive than the standard for games.

Fuck you Codemasters you pieces of shit

The classic edition will likely just be more expensive.

It's like buying the enhanced edition of a game. Like a CE. Hardly worthy of your reaction.

kanuuna

Next-gen release with a new or heavily modified engine and Schumacher & Häkkinen added to the 'Classics' for 2014 please.

NHale

The hotlaps videos are not a good indicator. It seems like the game is even more arcady than F1 2012.

And for anyone asking for Codemasters to lose the license. They already extended their current deal.

Top Bottom