• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F1 2013 |OT| The last one with Webber in it

Shaneus

Lotus are on a damn budget aren't they. Couldn't even be bothered to write my name on the car. Just left Romain on there.

romain9tstt.png
I bet you can't even race as Daft Punk in Monaco. Fucking Codies.

I can't believe my eyes, the online mode is working properly! So, is it a go? Should I buy it already? I must resist. There will be some bugs, I'm sure of it! Nooooooo

Addnan

Fuck Austin and fuck the fucker who thought he managed to copy the Maggots, Becketts, Chapel section.

Yesterdays races man. I could keep up for the first few laps, but then as soon as my tyres started going old I could not keep up for shit and then there was no making time back.

Addnan

I have no idea where I am losing so much time around Brazil. Seems like I am hitting everything right, getting on the throttle as soon as possible yet I can only manage 1:14 as a best, whereas everyone else is doing 1:11 in the race :/

edit: actually I do, going into the first corner way too hot and the uphill bendy bit getting off the throttle a bit too much. Just nailed a 1:11.7

Risgroo

Fuck Austin and fuck the fucker who thought he managed to copy the Maggots, Becketts, Chapel section.

Yesterdays races man. I could keep up for the first few laps, but then as soon as my tyres started going old I could not keep up for shit and then there was no making time back.

Those first laps were crazy! I thought I recorded it, but no :(
Oh, and btw, do you have a link to that FFB mod you were using? I'd love to try it out.

Zeth

Pleasantly surprised by the visual improvements with the new lighting. Some nice textures too, drivers look way better with some kind of textured shader on the gloves/suit. Shame that every damn animation has been the same for 3 years now, heh.

Looks good, I do want to wait for F1 2014 on PS4 though, imagine how beautiful that will look

Im hoping they'll surprise us and release in March-May next year on next-gen. I don't see the point in releasing it so late in the season. Looking at what EA do with ultimate team/updates etc, I know its a bit more difficult with F1 but Codemasters are missing out on (ignoring) the chance to provide a better game in my opinion.

Jamesways

Boooo CM, boooo.

Pushed back to Oct 29th for the 360 in NA says Gamestop.

And now Amazon updated their release date to Nov 30th.

The hell?

Im hoping they'll surprise us and release in March-May next year on next-gen. I don't see the point in releasing it so late in the season. Looking at what EA do with ultimate team/updates etc, I know its a bit more difficult with F1 but Codemasters are missing out on (ignoring) the chance to provide a better game in my opinion.

I have always thought this as it has been the case for years, hopefully it does change one year and stay that way

Jamesways

I guess they're having issues with physical copy sku's for NA. I hear it's available for d/l on PSN, wonder if Xbox will have it up soon on GoD? Knowing MS, probably not for a few weeks...

Edit- HA! Oct 15th is the target 360 digital release. Pending approval, etc.

Awesome.

Mad_Ban

Would anyone be interested in a league for this game...? It's definitely as good as 2011 handling wise, if not better, and I'm not aware of any massive connection problems? The only issues I've had so far have been caused by Steam fucking up.

Shaneus

So, is anyone here on Codemasters forum bug/patch patrol? Can we get a summary?

Must be up to, ooh, 3 or 4 now? (for PC, that is)

Phinor

So, is anyone here on Codemasters forum bug/patch patrol? Can we get a summary?

Must be up to, ooh, 3 or 4 now? (for PC, that is)

Zero patches afaik.

I've encountered one bug so far but it's pretty major if it happens again: loading my profile crashes the game, had to start a new one.

Is the GAF F1 community dead? There's usually a lot more activity this soon after a new release.

This is the first year i've really got into the multiplayer. There's not a lot of games to join, but it's a lot of fun when you do get into one. I didn't realize how much I suck. I don't come in last, but i'm far from the lead pack.

Shaneus

Something new for those of you who are gluttons for punishment: Codemasters "F1 Challenge" has been released on iOS. If you played their (abysmal) F2P effort on PC earlier in the year, you know what this is like... because it's practically identical. Except, I guess, that it's offline (I think) and you pay $3 (in Australia) for it. It also has IAP (though it's not old enough for me to see what that is without buying it).

That's right, identical. It's even based on the 2012 F1 season, so it's almost literally an exact port of the F2P game. I think I had a feeling at the time that the F2P game was in some form either initially created for or destined to work on a touchscreen device, I guess I was right.

Is the GAF F1 community dead? There's usually a lot more activity this soon after a new release.
Once bitten, twice shy, thrice bitter and angry.

Shaneus

Ha!

What was the name of the forum you got a few of us to join? There was a couple of F1 leagues run for the 2010 and 2011 versions and then 2012 came out...
Fastest Sector. I hadn't gone to it for a while, but it appears to have closed up shop :(

Mohonky

Fuck I paid 89 for the special edition with 80 and 90's cars.

Anyway this game is really good, loving it.

Whats the story with wheel vs pad, everytime I see people post wheel times in previous versions they slaughter my times on a 360 pad where abs and traction at medium is almost mandatory because of how impricise getting the right amount of input is.

Is there really that big a difference?

kharma45

Phinor

This is actually.. good news for me? The AI isn't quite quick enough but now I can try vsyncing myself to put us all on the same line. Might also be related but I've noticed that in qualifying only the car(s) in front of me and right behind me are lapping quick laps, all other cars are slightly slower. Massa seems to always be top2 in qualifying, but he's also always the car right behind me in qualifying.

Top Bottom