• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fable - Official Announce Trailer

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Dang this is 3 years away..

Meme Reaction GIF by Silicon Valley

Nah I think 2024.

jakinov

Dang this is 3 years away..

Meme Reaction GIF by Silicon Valley
what about the job listing makes you think that it will be 3 years away? I mean you could be right, but let me ask you in this way as well, what about the job listing makes you think the game will take longer than you originally thought?

what about the job listing makes you think that it will be 3 years away? I mean you could be right, but let me ask you in this way as well, what about the job listing makes you think the game will take longer than you originally thought?
My impression from that tweet is that they're still building the team, looking for multiple devs in all areas and not just technical robotic aspects like world level and asset creation, but creative as well. I hope it comes sooner. I absolutely adored Fable 2.

jakinov

My impression from that tweet is that they're still building the team, looking for multiple devs in all areas and not just technical robotic aspects like world level and asset creation, but creative as well. I hope it comes sooner. I absolutely adored Fable 2.
Companies are always hiring. There's always going to be more and more job postings over tiime hiring for all kinds of jobs. People leave, sometimes you don't need people doing certain things yet so you aren't in a rush to hire them. Like they probably weren't hiring a bunch of testers, and programmers who specialize in writting netcode during the planning phase of development (e.g.. year 1-2 of 4-5) Sometimes you get more money or you need more of this type of person then you expected. Also, Narrative design from what I understand is something that happens later rathetr than earlier.

2024 is way too far out. They setup their second studio specifically for this game in early 2017. I highly doubt it takes them 8 years to get their first game out. I bet we see more about the game at E3 and it launches 2023

Companies are always hiring. There's always going to be more and more job postings over tiime hiring for all kinds of jobs. People leave, sometimes you don't need people doing certain things yet so you aren't in a rush to hire them. Like they probably weren't hiring a bunch of testers, and programmers who specialize in writting netcode during the planning phase of development (e.g.. year 1-2 of 4-5) Sometimes you get more money or you need more of this type of person then you expected. Also, Narrative design from what I understand is something that happens later rathetr than earlier.
Just being a negative Nancy again, aren't I?

fingers crossed it's coming in '23

2024 is way too far out. They setup their second studio specifically for this game in early 2017. I highly doubt it takes them 8 years to get their first game out. I bet we see more about the game at E3 and it launches 2023
This seems likely to me, when was that writer taken on to work on Fable? A woman but can't remember her name or when it happened.

Markio128

I’m pretty sure the visual aspect of the game will be top notch, but I have many reservations about their ability to write a good story, with likeable characters and dialogue. Time will tell, of course, but I’m in the cautiously optimistic camp.

Top Bottom